ADVERTISEMENT

2022 DE Aiden Gobaira is Irish

Dec 7, 2007
I don't know anything more about the kid other than what I read in the Rivals article on the home page. He is a 3-star, but I am intrigued by his potential upside, particularly the speed element. Decent offer list.

Any of you guys who follow recruiting more closely than I do have any insights on Aiden?

Reactions: jcswoopnh
I'm not one of those recruiting guys, but from the info out there he is close to his 4th star, Penn State was hot for him and Freeman & Elston want him which is good enough for me. Seems to fit what BK and staff have been saying for years - a developmental kid who is fast, gets after the football, etc. Go Irish!

Reactions: echowaker
He's has the potential to be big addition to the team provided he hits the weight room and carry good weight

I don't know anything more about the kid other than what I read in the Rivals article on the home page. He is a 3-star, but I am intrigued by his potential upside, particularly the speed element. Decent offer list.

Any of you guys who follow recruiting more closely than I do have any insights on Aiden?
His speed shows up on tape. Very fast, very athletic, high motor. Below are highlights from his sophomore year when he was only 195lbs. He's now up to 230ish and still looks slim. He believes his ideal weight will be around 260 or so. VA postponed fall HS football to this spring and he will begin his junior season in about a month or so, so hopefully, we'll get more good film to look at in the coming weeks.

I think this is a great pickup. His film is outstanding and he looks like a high 4-star to me.

His future is all ahead of him.....

His speed shows up on tape. Very fast, very athletic, high motor. Below are highlights from his sophomore year when he was only 195lbs. He's now up to 230ish and still looks slim. He believes his ideal weight will be around 260 or so. VA postponed fall HS football to this spring and he will begin his junior season in about a month or so, so hopefully, we'll get more good film to look at in the coming weeks.

I think this is a great pickup. His film is outstanding and he looks like a high 4-star to me.

Nice. He obviously has length, and it looks like he has good speed and a pretty good motor. I liked the one kickoff on the tape where he was the first guy down the field. Now if Balis can put some muscle on him, we might have ourselves a player.

Reactions: Bumpdaddy
Great pick up. Marcus Freeman was the last piece of the National Championship puzzle.

Aiden Gobaira is a beast. He will be a dominate force in two years.

Reactions: artemis gordon
For a kid who doesn't have junior tape he looks like a good one.

He has burst and he has length with a great frame to add weight.

Only you could come to a thread about a new recruit and find a way to put down another poster. You’re real cool, guy.

Anyways.....Aiden looks raw, but man his film gets me excited! Can’t wait to see some more film in the next couple months!
Is your comment directed at AKA Lucky Green or CoolIrish 9?

You know absolutely nothing about him. You just say things for the sake of saying things.

"You know absolutely nothing about him. You just say things for the sake of saying things."

And of course, you know a lot about the kid -- correct?

Listen up newbie -- if you have a comment, make it -- otherwise, stay to the back of the room.

"You know absolutely nothing about him. You just say things for the sake of saying things."

And of course, you know a lot about the kid -- correct?

Listen up newbie -- if you have a comment, make it -- otherwise, stay to the back of the room.
I don't know anything about him. Nor does anyone else except for the limited tape available. That is the point. This is why everyone has left the board. The board now worships a guy who writes baseless statements and erroneous predictions. If you want this board to be a cheerleading squad, then you and Mr. Bi-Polar can have it.

Now if Echo and the like had made this statement, I would have listened more intently because there would be some analysis behind it. Sp put on your Pom Poms and go to the front of the class and lead everyone in cheers.

Reactions: Original_Irish
Or.....crazy thought but hear me out.....you could just click that “ignore” button instead of personally attacking posters for simply being positive.

Bodi’s optimism and positivity isn’t the reason people left this board bud. You are.

I don't know anything about him. Nor does anyone else except for the limited tape available. That is the point. This is why everyone has left the board. The board now worships a guy who writes baseless statements and erroneous predictions. If you want this board to be a cheerleading squad, then you and Mr. Bi-Polar can have it.

Now if Echo and the like had made this statement, I would have listened more intently because there would be some analysis behind it. Sp put on your Pom Poms and go to the front of the class and lead everyone in cheers.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Or.....crazy thought but hear me out.....you could just click that “ignore” button instead of personally attacking posters for simply being positive.

Bodi’s optimism and positivity isn’t the reason people left this board bud. You are.

I agree. I blocked Bodi a long time ago just because of his fanaticism. I appreciate his fervor and wish him well but recognize that he rarely has anything of substance to say. There are some good and knowledgeable posters which is why I stay.

Reactions: Kontiki09

i've been here for over ten yrs or so and have seen a lot of people come and go but i'm pretty sure not everyone who has left has done so just because bodi. unless you have actual facts to back up that statement about everybody leaving because of bodi then you might want to rethink about pointing the finger at one single poster like that

i've been here for over ten yrs or so and have seen a lot of people come and go but i'm pretty sure not everyone who has left has done so just because bodi. unless you have actual facts to back up that statement about everybody leaving because of bodi then you might want to rethink about pointing the finger at one single poster like that

I don't think he has 'actual facts'. Come on now, he's just being a dick, he doesn't have some paper trail of evidence.

Bodi is awesome. Anyone who has a problem with him is just being a douchebag. To be fair, i'm sure people do find him annoying, but that's their problem. There's just nothing wrong with being a rah rah fan like that. He doesn't get in anyone's face about it, and at worst it's very easy to overlook or ignore if it gets on your nerves. Either use the actual ignore function or somehow find the strength to not be bothered by something so benign.

With all the doom and gloom that is presented on this board from time to time, I enjoy Bodi's unbridled optimism, even though it is frequently off the charts. What did Winston Churchill say?: The pessimist finds difficulty in every opportunity whereas the optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. Seems like a much happier way to look at life.

Reactions: DublinND
Not only do I enjoy Bodi’s unbridled optimism and steady conviction, I think he posts some of the more interesting OP’s that generate interesting discussions. That said, I don’t really care to discuss Any one poster, whether it be Perse or Bodi or IIO, etc... but prefer to talk ND football! There are some that have left that I miss, and others not so much. But this board is as good or as bad as we make it, and it doesn’t take many to make it interesting and enjoyable.

Sure does not look like a 5.7 Three Star on Rivals. Beats the tackle and the back on numerous plays. Great early offer and take by the recruiting staff.

Reactions: TheSodFather
everything i've read on him including this weekend has been very positive. he has been unblockable so far this season after three or four games and should get his 4th star along with offers from a lot more schools

......and this is a good thing ?
yes it is. kids from CA, IL are also just starting to play just like Virginia and so i can't wait to see kids from those states play this spring that our irish are interested in

Doesn't matter to me-----who cares about a 4th Star ?

Our coaches like him-----to me that's all that counts-----not the opinion of some recruiting service.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT