ADVERTISEMENT

2021 vs 2022 Recruiting

Get Nasty

I've posted how many times?
Jul 26, 2006
Hopefully the success we are having this year will pay off in 2022 because it clearly isn't in 2021 unless we land wright or a stud RB. Looks like we're flipping Aupiu from UCLA, major major project, and i'm not sure he even has the athleticism for the vyper position.

Reactions: carterlm11
ND is going to end in the 12-15 range. They were 18 on the composite last year. Absent visits I am not sure what more ND could have done as far as recruiting. Class is better the recent classes and has top 5 groups at multiple positions. (OL/WR)

Reactions: Bumpdaddy
anyone we can swipe from the dumpster fire known as Michigan?
There are a couple guys I think ND would make room for but they just don't have/never had much traction with (Jennings/Colson). Kechaun Bennett was a guy that ND was in on and wanted before he popped for Michigan but I think if they add a DL its going to come from the flip from UCLA.

Hopefully the success we are having this year will pay off in 2022 because it clearly isn't in 2021 unless we land wright or a stud RB. Looks like we're flipping Aupiu from UCLA, major major project, and i'm not sure he even has the athleticism for the vyper position.

I watched Aupiu and loved his burst and his length. He can run---only question on him is can you get weight on him and we've done a good job of that with other guys.

I watched Aupiu and loved his burst and his length. He can run---only question on him is can you get weight on him and we've done a good job of that with other guys.
I didn't think his burst was that good, he can run though once up to speed. Need the quick burst for the position, top end speed isn't as important. His best plays are when he runs someone down backside, that's great, but he doesn't do great at initial burst. Hopefully he bulks up to SDE.

I didn't think his burst was that good, he can run though once up to speed. Need the quick burst for the position, top end speed isn't as important. His best plays are when he runs someone down backside, that's great, but he doesn't do great at initial burst. Hopefully he bulks up to SDE.
Not sure, but I don’t think he’s being recruited for Vyper. I think he’s a high upside project for SDE that Elston likes quite a bit.

Not sure, but I don’t think he’s being recruited for Vyper. I think he’s a high upside project for SDE that Elston likes quite a bit.
I think you may be right, Telx. He's built like Ade was at the same stage in HS. There won't be any senior film to evaluate but my guess is he's continuing to fill out and will see significant gains in a college weight room. Balis just might be the best in the business at developing long athletes and Aupiu has a good frame to work with to go along with his ideal height and his very long arms. I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches asked for Balis' input before offering. He might need the same amount of time to physically develop as Ade needed but it will be worth the wait if he approaches Ade's talent.

We have a really good class. Might end up between 7 and 12. With our player retention, development and coaching this will continue to put us in position to compete for a NC

How would recruiting, on the defensive side, be impacted should Lea decide to leave ?

We have a really good class. Might end up between 7 and 12. With our player retention, development and coaching this will continue to put us in position to compete for a NC
Yep, but we haven’t landed any major players this year due to our success.... wright or Edwards would change that

i USEDTO VALUE * ratings until I saw what Lea and others could do with the development of the 3* stars and low 4* players. They have proved themselveas on the field.

Reactions: Kelso86
THose were all guys maybe other than Johnson we expected to land probably before season started. But valid point.
I am not sure you can say that we were expected to re-land Colzie or land Spindler (maybe ?) or Kollie prior to the season. Granted Kollie has blown up during the season and recently but Bama was pushing for him when Lea locked him up. Another issue is without the visits the # of flips everyone predicted has not really occurred, thats just a general observation not necessarily ND.

ADVERTISEMENT