ADVERTISEMENT

2020 gave me an idea. Discuss.

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
My idea proposes a radical change that could unite the "Stay independent" crowd with the " Join a conference " crowd and would piss off all of the rest of the college football World. May be the best idea since " Barnstorming" or "Utilizing the forward pass".

***I propose that Notre Dame plays in a different power five conference every year.

First year------SEC
Second year---Pac12
Third year-----Big 10.
Fourth year---ACC.
Fifth year------Big 12.
Sixth year------Independent.

*** Rinse Repeat.

Discuss...

That's a pretty crazy idea, but I think I like it. And we get the benefit that we seem to crave of truly national exposure this way.

I see you put the SEC in year one of this grand tour. We get that out of the way first, and it only gets easier.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
That's a pretty crazy idea, but I think I like it. And we get the benefit that we seem to crave of truly national exposure this way.

I see you put the SEC in year one of this grand tour. We get that out of the way first, and it only gets easier.
I have been in favor of the Irish joining the SEC only. But I got zero takers. I believe Notre Dame would become a dynasty if they did that. Look how well the Irish recruit being an independent. Imagine how Kelly and staff would do recruiting if they were able to get the players that want to play the best (SEC) and make millions in the pros?

*** Brian Kelly is a GREAT coach I have learned. And he will win a NC or more as an independent. But being in the SEC would make his job alot easier.

Reactions: nemeth#5
I have been in favor of the Irish joining the SEC only. But I got zero takers. I believe Notre Dame would become a dynasty if they did that. Look how well the Irish recruit being an independent. Imagine how Kelly and staff would do recruiting if they were able to get the players that want to play the best (SEC) and make millions in the pros?

*** Brian Kelly is a GREAT coach I have learned. And he will win a NC or more as an independent. But being in the SEC would make his job alot easier.
That will never happen and wouldnt work out well for us

My idea proposes a radical change that could unite the "Stay independent" crowd with the " Join a conference " crowd and would piss off all of the rest of the college football World. May be the best idea since " Barnstorming" or "Utilizing the forward pass".

***I propose that Notre Dame plays in a different power five conference every year.

First year------SEC
Second year---Pac12
Third year-----Big 10.
Fourth year---ACC.
Fifth year------Big 12.

*** Rinse Repeat.

Discuss...
I Prefer we remain independent, but if the playoff committee decisions ultimately force us to join a conference, I’m good with the ACC. If we are slighted by the committee and penalized for not playing a conference championship game, then I would first look to an annual arrangement where we play the best rated SEC team that is not in their conference championship. Going with Bodi’s initial suggestion, we could even expand our 13th game to rotating among the power five conferences runner ups, etc... My gut tells me that if the playoffs remain a four team structure, at some point, this will annually be among four of the five conference champions, and we will be forced to join a conference.

Reactions: Kelso86

First year------SEC
Second year---Pac12
Third year-----Big 10.
Fourth year---ACC.
Fifth year------Big 12.

*** Rinse Repeat.

Discuss...
I would send out the offer with the contingency, any conference that refuses will be replaced by the AAC.

That has to be the dumbest idea I have ever read on this board. Why or why would anyone ever agree to this dumb idea.

Reactions: irishwolfpack
That has to be the dumbest idea I have ever read on this board. Why or why would anyone ever agree to this dumb idea.
Well he was just kidding around.

You gotta admit, it is kind of a cool theoretical idea. Is not ND known for its barnstorming days of yore? This would be like a fun, modern take on a revival of that. I would totally go to a couple of PAC-10 road games if they ever did that. Oregon St. has a cool little stadium which is pretty close by, and WSU up in the Palouse would be a doable road trip as well.

It'd actually be awesome!

You gotta admit, it is kind of a cool theoretical idea. Is not ND known for its barnstorming days of yore? This would be like a fun, modern take on a revival of that. I would totally go to a couple of PAC-10 road games if they ever did that. Oregon St. has a cool little stadium which is pretty close by, and WSU up in the Palouse would be a doable road trip as well.

When we play in the PAC-12 we would play USC twice. Once as a conference game and once as the traditional out of conference game. That would be glorious ! A home and home with a big rival in the same year !

Reactions: sluggo69

I'm sure that freak was not kidding. He always has stupid ideas like this.

First year------SEC
Second year---Pac12
Third year-----Big 10.
Fourth year---ACC.
Fifth year------Big 12.

*** Rinse Repeat.

Discuss...
Brilliant. Will never happen as long as Navy is on the Schedule. It would require SEC teams to travel north of the Mason Dixon line which they hate to do and would probably be too complicated. I personally would like to see more of the intersectional games

Love it Bodi..... only way I would accept ND to join a conference would be this way... the Bodi Way!

Any conference would be blessed and honored for the Irish to join them for a year ! We would show the colleges in all the conferences how to conduct themselves in a honorable, noble and civilized way ! Go Irish !

Reactions: nemeth#5
ADVERTISEMENT