ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Rankings ND #9

stu4don

I've posted how many times?
Dec 13, 2006
But read this analysis. These guys clearly don't do their homework. Our strength next year will be our defense. Wimbush isn't even guarenteed a starting job and what receivers? We lost our best two in Stepherson and St. Brown. If I'm using their criteria I wouldn't put us in the top 25. But our defense is going to be very good and I expect our offense to improve.

9. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
A November that saw the Irish go 2-2 overshadowed a 10-3 season, and the offensive line must replace two All-Americans in Quenton Nelson and Mike McGlinchey. Brandon Wimbush has a talented group of receivers with which to work, and that's an area of development that could put Notre Dame over the top.

Well.....Boykin, Claypool and Young are talented receivers, just inexperienced. And he is correct that Wimbush (assuming he maintains the starting role) developing and improving the passing game would add a tremendous amount of firepower to the current offensive capabilities.

I don’t disagree that our D should be a great strength next season and make us a very balanced team.

The best players on NDs offense are Wimbush, Mustipher, Mack, and Claypool.

Everybody else is either veteran guys who never really made an impact .... or younger players who weren't as highly rated out of HS.

There's DEFINITELY some major question marks on offense, especially if Dexter Williams has any trouble staying on the field/carrying the workload.

There is nothing more worthless than pre-season rankings..... remember ND basketball was ranked in the top 5 early on this year..... whoops.

Was looking at an old thread when the frozen five just broke, at one time ND was +22 to play @FSU the next year.

There is nothing more worthless than pre-season rankings..... remember ND basketball was ranked in the top 5 early on this year..... whoops.
We were a very good team when we were ranked that high.

Top 5 may be a stretch, but had we not lost Colson, Farrell and Morgan for long stretches this season, we'd definitely be a Top 15 team.

The best players on NDs offense are Wimbush, Mustipher, Mack, and Claypool.

Everybody else is either veteran guys who never really made an impact .... or younger players who weren't as highly rated out of HS.

There's DEFINITELY some major question marks on offense, especially if Dexter Williams has any trouble staying on the field/carrying the workload.
mack ? based on what ? the offense will be just fine.

Reactions: Pennick4
ADVERTISEMENT