ADVERTISEMENT

2008 Recruiting Class

It’s getting bad for football. I didn’t even watch the championship game. I know several people that couldn’t have cared less. They all said the same thing: I’m bored with watching Bama.
I agree. I think Bama, Clemson and OSU are hurting college football. However if ND was n Bama’s shoes I would be happy as hell so there’s that.

I don't see a way out of this level, no upwards anyway. ND won't get a big recruiting bump without the new coach smell. You don't fire a 10 win coach so that is not happening. The only other way is if the BMDs back up the truck and try to outspend the SEC. That is not happening because certain ways to spend the money would be unseemly.
If you firer a 10 win coach who has been to theCFP twice you are most likely going to go backwards then forwards. I think Kelly can still move this program forward. He has built this program into a contending team and he has every right to see this threw. Firer Kelly now and we go back to the Davie/ Ty/ Fat Ass Charlie days.

I agree. I think Bama, Clemson and OSU are hurting college football. However if ND was n Bama’s shoes I would be happy as hell so there’s that.
True. What I find an interesting topic is that ND is only ranked a few spots better than Michigan and UNC for undergrad. Now I understand those are major universities with many more thousands students, but they’re considered strong academically for undergrad. I wonder if ND admissions is way different for our athletes than theirs. I am familiar with admissions, but only from a strong academic perspective. I’m not sure how strict we are for the Everett Golson’s who had known academic struggles. It seems we do allow some kids in that struggle. I imagine some do not have a sterling academic record. I’m also of the understanding that Holtz was able to bend the rules with academics. At least that’s what some have said in this board.

True. What I find an interesting topic is that ND is only ranked a few spots better than Michigan and UNC for undergrad. Now I understand those are major universities with many more thousands students, but they’re considered strong academically for undergrad. I wonder if ND admissions is way different for our athletes than theirs. I am familiar with admissions, but only from a strong academic perspective. I’m not sure how strict we are for the Everett Golson’s who had known academic struggles. It seems we do allow some kids in that struggle. I imagine some do not have a sterling academic record. I’m also of the understanding that Holtz was able to bend the rules with academics. At least that’s what some have said in this board.
Other factors too. Kids get in trouble at other schools and the coach is the judge and jury. That happens at ND and it's out of the coaches hands. Kids are well aware of that fact also.

Other factors too. Kids get in trouble at other schools and the coach is the judge and jury. That happens at ND and it's out of the coaches hands. Kids are well aware of that fact also.
the Urban Meyer to Texas rumors got me thinking. Did he demand control of player discipline during the interviews back in 2004?

ADVERTISEMENT