ADVERTISEMENT

2 RB recruits off board

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Saw chuck to Boomers
Hayden to OSU

Come on Singleton. Bradshaw

I really wanted Sawchuck to be a domer in a bad way. ND is good at RB for two years. Hopefully, ND hits a home run next year

i Sawchuck and Hayden are both great backs that went to schools that were leading for them but Singleton is also a great RB and it is looking like we now could be the team to beat for him and the PSU fans are not happy about it on the free PSU rivals board

Land Singleton
Singer just said on a free podcast on youtube that he is hearing it is 50/50 with PSU right now but he thinks it is 60/40 irish. he isn't ready to put in a future pick for Singleton yet with it being so close. he also said that he is at A&M right now and then at bama on friday

I'm more concerned about the OL right now. We might not be starting one of the vaunted 2019 OL class that are now Jr's.

I'm more concerned about the OL right now. We might not be starting one of the vaunted 2019 OL class that are now Jr's.
Why ? It's the deepest, most talented position group on the team. Whoever they choose to run out there will be just fine. An embarrassment of riches.

Reactions: Kelso86
Why ? It's the deepest, most talented position group on the team. Whoever they choose to run out there will be just fine. An embarrassment of riches.
I agree that we have tons of talent. What concerns me is they are still moving around and doesn't seem to have settled on a lineup. Then we bring in a transfer. Makes me wonder a bit why and what's going on. If we're going into fall and we still are trying to figure out the OL thats concerning.

I agree that we have tons of talent. What concerns me is they are still moving around and doesn't seem to have settled on a lineup. Then we bring in a transfer. Makes me wonder a bit why and what's going on. If we're going into fall and we still are trying to figure out the OL thats concerning.
If we could have Nd and company wish they would have been able to bring in OL transfer in 2018…. This group will be more talented with a seasoned transfer, and in 2018 we made it to playoffs

If we could have Nd and company wish they would have been able to bring in OL transfer in 2018…. This group will be more talented with a seasoned transfer, and in 2018 we made it to playoffs
Didn't we have three returning starters in 2018? Also thr line position was pretty much set. The fact that we keep moving around personnel and then bringing in a transfer makes me a bit nervous. Just makes me a bit curious what might be going on there.

Didn't we have three returning starters in 2018? Also thr line position was pretty much set. The fact that we keep moving around personnel and then bringing in a transfer makes me a bit nervous. Just makes me a bit curious what might be going on there.
Don't worry about ol. Bringing in the transfer lessens the need to play a true freshman at guard and is also a hedge in case josh luggs back cannot hold up to full time duties.

Lt fisher 330
Lg Patterson 305
C correll 295
Rg Madden 315
Rt lugg/baker (I think lugg is better as utility first guy off bench, but they want his experience on the field) lugg 310 baker is 330

The best 5 play. If this moves Patterson back to center even better. Best 5. Period.

Lt fisher 330
Lg Madden (move from right) 315
C Patterson 305
Rg spindler 315
Rt lugg/baker (I think lugg is better as utility first guy off bench, but they want his experience on the field) lugg 310 baker is 330

That's a huge run blocking line right there. As much as driskell wants to see more rpo....this line would be built to maul teams. It would also put experience beside the True freshmen.

Last edited:
I’m worried that ND just offered a 3 star lineman. ND is competing for some talented guys but idk if they lead for any. They need to actually get 1-2 of those guys.

I’m worried that ND just offered a 3 star lineman. ND is competing for some talented guys but idk if they lead for any. They need to actually get 1-2 of those guys.
ND has FOUR guys locking up positions for multiple years post 2021 ... Tosh baker, fisher, spindler, and correll

It's not shocking some of the big boys want a faster path to playing time. It's a nice luxury right now and nd can afford to take a few projects.

Don't worry about ol. Bringing in the transfer lessens the need to play a true freshman at guard and is also a hedge in case josh luggs back cannot hold up to full time duties.

Lt fisher 330
Lg Patterson 305
C correll 295
Rg Madden 315

The best 5 play. If this moves Patterson back to center even better. Best 5. Period.

Lt fisher 330
C Patterson 305
Rg spindler 315

That's a huge run blocking line right there. As much as driskell wants to see more rpo....this line would be built to maul teams. It would also put experience beside the True freshmen.
If we're starting freshman over the Jr's in the 2019 class I would be concerned about develment. That class was pretty awsome. Quinns best by far.

Lt fisher 330
Lg Patterson 305
C correll 295
Rg Madden 315

Lt fisher 330
C Patterson 305
Rg spindler 315

I'm hoping that's not Rees' plan to turn us into a ground football team. It didn't sound like that in his last presser.

Land Singleton

Would love to get him but there are always backs around.

Lots of kids blossom as seniors with Estime being a good example as he went from being a good prospect as a junior to a great prospect IMO as a senior.

Why ? Shouldn't it be WAY more important what the staff thinks of a player than what some subjective website does ?
Because of the timing. If you are just now offering someone for the 2022 class, it typically means that they were not your original top options.

Because of the timing. If you are just now offering someone for the 2022 class, it typically means that they were not your original top options.
Lots of kids are late bloomers. Maybe the staff sees something in the kid. I trust their judgement.

Oline has been strength of the team last 4 years… when our play struggles I’ll worry

3 first time starters after bars got injured

No it means they determined that their scholarship breakdown allows them to reach for a project.

Nothing more.

Lots of kids are late bloomers. Maybe the staff sees something in the kid. I trust their judgement.
You should trust their judgement. Their judgement is that the guys that they offered earlier were better. And now they are judging that they may not get them so they offered someone lower on their list.

Reactions: Golson5
You should trust their judgement. Their judgement is that the guys that they offered earlier were better. And now they are judging that they may not get them so they offered someone lower on their list.
I do agree with this… oline is in good shape…2023 needs some studs though

I do agree with this… oline is in good shape…2023 needs some studs though
I think it’s ok, because of our two freshman studs. But if we are talking about closing the gap on Bama and OSU, our OLine has to be a position in which we are better than them. This current class is avg top 10 at best. As it stands it’s a step back. Get some of the studs that ND is in on then it becomes a great class. But you need to get them.

That's not true. If they got their initial offers they wouldn't need to reach for a project
Lol. Your actually just validating my point.

The "big board" is dynamic. As recruits fall through others become takes, but this is all based on schollie count available, position needs, and coaches preference.

Lol. Your actually just validating my point.

The "big board" is dynamic. As recruits fall through others become takes, but this is all based on schollie count available, position needs, and coaches preference.
They already knew their scholarship breakdown for OL. They were always taking 4 and a 5th if it was the right player.

What has changed is they are not as confident in their top targets so they are offering lower rated guys on their board.

It has nothing to do with their scholarship breakdown

They already knew their scholarship breakdown for OL. They were always taking 4 and a 5th if it was the right player.

What has changed is they are not as confident in their top targets so they are offering lower rated guys on their board.

It has nothing to do with their scholarship breakdown
Lol.

Fact. Multiple (4) slots are locked for the next three years.

Fact. A lot of top guys aren't going to come and wait 4 years to play

Fact. The coaches knew this. Sure they took a shot at top guys, and they are getting confirmation that they aren't interested. As expected.

Fact. They have a list of guys that they feel with development of two to three years (which was already known to be the case) can be contributors/rotation or even starters.

None of this is should be a surprise to anyone.

Lt fisher, g spindler, c correll, rt tosh baker will likely be locked in for a minimum of 2022 and 2023 and possibly the following year. You also have ty chan and joey tanona coming in that need to put on weight this year and next, but are top 200 players.

3 first time starters after bars got injured
Yes Alex Bars was a big loss and a captain but he did get a half of a season in so that really helped the two new OL a chance to gel. So it's really not a good comparison from 2018 to today. All I'm saying is bringing in a transfer and they are still moving things around is concerning. Could you imagine all the recruting talent from 2019 and might not start any of them? If that's the case then I would question their development.

Yes Alex Bars was a big loss and a captain but he did get a half of a season in so that really helped the two new OL a chance to gel. So it's really not a good comparison from 2018 to today. All I'm saying is bringing in a transfer and they are still moving things around is concerning. Could you imagine all the recruting talent from 2019 and might not start any of them? If that's the case then I would question their development.
There are 3 OL recruits from 2019 clearly in the mix for starting or PT. Olmstead transferred pretty quick. Carroll the top recruit had a major knee injury 2 years ago, you never know if they'll ever be the same.

We lost four starters on the offensive line from last season. You don't want to start freshman if you don't have to, in the All-American Guard from Marshall was a very good pickup. You want to put the best five players on the field. Maybe with four or five games under their belt, Fisher and Spindler will be starting.

We lost four starters on the offensive line from last season. You don't want to start freshman if you don't have to, in the All-American Guard from Marshall was a very good pickup. You want to put the best five players on the field. Maybe with four or five games under their belt, Fisher and Spindler will be starting.
Fisher will be starting left tackle at Florida state

There are 3 OL recruits from 2019 clearly in the mix for starting or PT. Olmstead transferred pretty quick. Carroll the top recruit had a major knee injury 2 years ago, you never know if they'll ever be the same.
The first year back from knee surgery is a difficult one. It takes in many cases 12-18 months before you're completely comfortable with where you are physically.

Olmstead was a kid who had no business here and I stated it when we took him.

Played at an awful level of HS football and was narrow shouldered with a 28 inch sleeve.

Yet he was a 25 offer kid----never got that.

Olmsted do is gone?
Never made an impact. That entire year of o line was very poor. We struck out

The first year back from knee surgery is a difficult one. It takes in many cases 12-18 months before you're completely comfortable with where you are physically.

Olmstead was a kid who had no business here and I stated it when we took him.

Played at an awful level of HS football and was narrow shouldered with a 28 inch sleeve.

Yet he was a 25 offer kid----never got that.

ADVERTISEMENT