ADVERTISEMENT

2 in the top hundred

More of the "if this prospect turns into one of the best players on NDs roster in the last decade, and this 3 or 4 star player emerges as a stud, and this player does XYZ" logic. It sounds really simple when put in those terms but essentially what you are saying is "i picked a 6 that one time, and a 42 that other time, and a 33 that other time, if only i could get all of those winning numbers drawn on the same lotto ticket!".

The reason ND doesn't have all of that talent on the same roster (concentrated on the same team in any given year) is exactly the reason why recruiting is so crucial.

You get all that talent on the same roster by successfully recruiting more talent than everybody else. That's how you get a national championship talented roster with Will Fullers, Tyler Eiferts, CJ Prosises, Theo Riddicks, Deshone Kizers, Manti Te'os, Julian Loves, Khalid Kareems, Mike Floyds, Quenton Nelsons ALL on the same team.

OSU, Alabama, and Georgia's recruiting department/staffs are insanely funded and have personnel of over 100+ people including the student body as volunteers who focus exclusively on recruiting and scouting (and these are just the programs that i've read about). It's no surprise why their respective programs are the envy of the league. They understand just how critical recruiting the best talent is. What is ND doing right now--besides making excuses--to match that level of commitment?
you just don't seem to accept the fact that few if any elite level players are interested in the policies in place at ND. they want the shortest path to the NFL with the least amount of obstacles along the way.

The issue is that the peripheral indicators (e.g. all the stuff under the hood if you will) didn't support the 12-1 record. There's a difference between being a 12-1 program and being 12-1 any given year. ND was 12-1 in 2018 but were dominated again against a legitimate playoff team/contender.

ND had a ton of good injury luck on defense (entire first team was healthy 99% of the season) and their schedule was one of the easiest among playoff teams. USC, Stanford, and FSU (best teams on the schedule) all had down years. This is good luck/fortune a program simply cannot rely on happening going forward. Moreover, ND was a massive underdog vs Clemson for all the reasons that we've been talking about for years: The lack of talent/the talent disparity.

I see little difference between where Brian Kelly's program was back in 2010-2012 and where it is now 2017-2019.

ND finished the 2018 season with a final F/P+ ranking of #7 and a 15th ranked recruiting class in 2019. ND had a #5 F/P+ ranking back in 2012 and a top 5 recruiting class that year as well. None of this indicates ND is anywhere closer to being a top 4 program now than they were in the past during BKs tenure.

For you, maybe making a playoff once or twice a decade is good enough. There are other fans out there that still want to win national titles and be a legitimate contender perennially (be one of the best programs in college football again) and not have to rely on tons of good luck during the season (like in 2012 and in 2018) to make the playoff and then be completely humiliated/overwhelmed by the other team when getting there.

They have signed 11 of the ESPN Top 300 players ranked.

Now if you posses the unique skill set to tell us how much better # 75 is than # 139 kudos but my sense is you don't.

There are 4 lights out Top 10 every year programs in this country in Bama , Clemson , Oklahoma and Ohio State------Georgia on deck IMO.

Notre Dame as an institution and as a football program is not on the same song sheet as those schools.

If you want them and expect them to be you're just not going to be real happy watching college football so I would look to alternatives.

They have signed 11 of the ESPN Top 300 players ranked.

Now if you posses the unique skill set to tell us how much better # 75 is than # 139 kudos but my sense is you don't.

There are 4 lights out Top 10 every year programs in this country in Bama , Clemson , Oklahoma and Ohio State------Georgia on deck IMO.

Notre Dame as an institution and as a football program is not on the same song sheet as those schools.

If you want them and expect them to be you're just not going to be real happy watching college football so I would look to alternatives.
exactly. the difference between # 50 and #100 is minimal. its all subjective anyway.

If you can't get thru ND, you can't play on the team. Randy Moss would have smoked his way off the team in a week. He got kicked out of FSU and that is hard to do.

Reactions: Kelso86
few if any of those kids want to attend ND. they want the quickest path to the NFL with the lest amount of resistance academically. not sure why many here simply don't recognize that. ND is not that path.

Your generalizations don't apply to all 5 stars … another self serving statement …… forever the apologist … apparently there are never any 5 stars who can handle ND and want an education …. a joke as usual

If you can't get thru ND, you can't play on the team. Randy Moss would have smoked his way off the team in a week. He got kicked out of FSU and that is hard to do.

And it is easier to find trouble at FSU than at ND …. then again not all 5 stars are Randy Moss … although I realize for you and the sake of your unfounded ridiculous statements that they must be ….. PUKE

And it is easier to find trouble at FSU than at ND …. then again not all 5 stars are Randy Moss … although I realize for you and the sake of your unfounded ridiculous statements that they must be ….. PUKE
Looks like Bugle is half in the bag, little day drinking eh? Cheers!

ADVERTISEMENT