ADVERTISEMENT

118 first half offensive yards vs cal

The most simple play when coached and executed properly can work…. The best play call with terrible coaching can often fail (see Tommy)
Then, according to you, it’s really easy for an OC to call plays that are consistently successful against your opponents l

Then why aren’t there an abundance of highly successful OC‘s in college football and the NFL ?

Why aren’t teams running up 60, 70 and 80 points per game

The most simple play when coached and executed properly can work…. The best play call with terrible coaching can often fail (see Tommy)
So piss poor execution is never on the players? Tommy Rees is a quality OC, and execution IS on the players. It's Rees fault that overthrown deep balls with TB; to some wide open receivers mind you.

Uou know you sound more and more like a whinny now nothing idiot with every post. It's stunning to me that you continue your posting of your obvious lack of knowledge. You try to sound you know something, but it's clear you just don't. But keep on embarrassing yourself, at least it's entertaining

So piss poor execution is never on the players? Tommy Rees is a quality OC, and execution IS on the players. It's Rees fault that overthrown deep balls with TB; to some wide open receivers mind you.

Uou know you sound more and more like a whinny now nothing idiot with every post. It's stunning to me that you continue your posting of your obvious lack of knowledge. You try to sound you know something, but it's clear you just don't. But keep on embarrassing yourself, at least it's entertaining
Rees recruited and developed the qbs to what they are or aren’t…. Our poor qb play is due to poor recruiting and development by Rees. It’s a combination of both

it’s not always Rees’s fault when a player makes a one off mistake, it’s Reese’s fault that we don’t have capable qbs and wrs to connect on deep balls Pretty much ever

we’ll coached teams don’t make a lot of mistakes …top teams don’t make a lot of mistakes and have talent

Then, according to you, it’s really easy for an OC to call plays that are consistently successful against your opponents l

Then why aren’t there an abundance of highly successful OC‘s in college football and the NFL ?

Why aren’t teams running up 60, 70 and 80 points per game
It’s very easy to call a play that SHOULD be successful, harder to have the players and have them prepared to make it successful

It’s very easy to call a play that SHOULD be successful, harder to have the players and have them prepared to make it successful
So if it’s very easy to call plays that SHOULD be successful, so very easy that even Rees can call successful plays, then we have to conclude that he’s calling the right plays but the players aren’t executing those plays.

So how can you be critical of Rees’s play calling when it’s the players who are at fault ?

You’re contradicting yourself ……. Again !

👍

So if it’s very easy to call plays that SHOULD be successful, so very easy that even Rees can call successful plays, then we have to conclude that he’s calling the right plays but the players aren’t executing those plays.

So how can you be critical of Rees’s play calling when it’s the players who are at fault ?

You’re contradicting yourself ……. Again !
Rees called plays with Buchner that had a chance to be successful but did not utilize his skill set it was terrible play calling for the qb we had. They required almost perfect execution and he didn’t have our players ready first

again, Rees is responsible for offensive execution.

just like ok state second half, there were plays he called that had a chance for success but he didn’t utilize players well second half and he didn’t adjust well with personnel. Not playing Buchner or tyree much and utilizing diggs more was moronic … hardly used tyree to start this season until it was forced on him

I think Rees is ok play caller at times but Terrible coach

Rees called plays with Buchner that had a chance to be successful but did not utilize his skill set it was terrible play calling for the qb we had. They required almost perfect execution and he didn’t have our players ready first.
But you said that it was very easy to call successful plays, that anyone can do it.

What, exactly, was TB’s “skill set” ?

again, Rees is responsible for offensive execution.
You just told us that the players were responsible for on field execution.
Now Rees is responsible for the players executing on the field ? ? ?
You don’t have a clue !

just like ok state second half, there were plays he called that had a chance for success but he didn’t utilize players well second half and he didn’t adjust well with personnel. Not playing Buchner or tyree much and utilizing diggs more was moronic … hardly used tyree to start this season until it was forced on him
How did he not utilize his players well ?
How did he not adjust well with personnel?
Exactly WHAT should he have done.

I think Rees is ok play caller at times but Terrible coach
WHAT ?

Now he’s an OK play caller ?
In the first paragraph above you called him a terrible play caller.
Have you been self medicating again ? 😜

But you said that it was very easy to call successful plays, that anyone can do it.

What, exactly, was TB’s “skill set” ?

You just told us that the players were responsible for on field execution.
Now Rees is responsible for the players executing on the field ? ? ?
You don’t have a clue !

How did he not utilize his players well ?
How did he not adjust well with personnel?
Exactly WHAT should he have done.

WHAT ?

Now he’s an OK play caller ?
In the first paragraph above you called him a terrible play caller.
Have you been self medicating again ? 😜
Yea Rees play calling for Buchner was terrible, not as bad for pyne and coan… maybe it’s because they’re more like him

Rees didn’t roll Buchner out, not many run pass options on the edge, and not many qb run reads. Instead we had A lot of 5 yard out passes.

coaches are responsible for the execution on the field, players perform how they are coached. It’s why Steelers players are complaint they can only do what they are told and coache to do.

Ok state game when ok state loaded box and played bump and run coverage having a dual threat qb would have made them account for his run and open up inside run lanes and some easier throws. Diggs isn’t that good and tyree was on fire first half, rees hardly used tyree second half

I should charge you for this class in football

Yea Rees play calling for Buchner was terrible, not as bad for pyne and coan… maybe it’s because they’re more like him

Rees didn’t roll Buchner out, not many run pass options on the edge, and not many qb run reads. Instead we had A lot of 5 yard out passes.

coaches are responsible for the execution on the field, players perform how they are coached. It’s why Steelers players are complaint they can only do what they are told and coache to do.

Ok state game when ok state loaded box and played bump and run coverage having a dual threat qb would have made them account for his run and open up inside run lanes and some easier throws. Diggs isn’t that good and tyree was on fire first half, rees hardly used tyree second half

What qualifies you to assess, with any degree of accuracy, the quality of Rees‘s play calling ?

Coaches are NOT responsible for the execution of the players on the field, only a complete idiot would make that statement at the Division I level.

What is the extent of your football experience, on and off the field ?

If you charged me for a class in football I’d have a great legal case for misrepresentation and fraud.

You know nothing about football and others have already stated that fact !

Ok you hate Rees, we get it, but you clearly don't know shit; so give it rest. You are the typical know nothing armchair poster who clearly doesn't know shit about our team, or football in general. Just clueless; I asked you earlier to stop embarrassing yourself

Weren’t you the one critical of Buchner’s passing ability last year ?

Weren’t you also critical of the play of the OLine and our running game last year

Coan was clearly a better passer than Buchner, so why wouldn’t OSU be better prepared to stop an inferior passer from running ?

Weren’t you the one critical of Buchner’s passing ability last year ?

Weren’t you also critical of the play of the OLine and our running game last year

Coan was clearly a better passer than Buchner, so why wouldn’t OSU be better prepared to stop an inferior passer from running ?
Yes, critical of buchners passing this year too. But he’s very athletic, utilize it all the time!

Ok you hate Rees, we get it, but you clearly don't know shit; so give it rest. You are the typical know nothing armchair poster who clearly doesn't know shit about our team, or football in general. Just clueless; I asked you earlier to stop embarrassing yourself
Live free

What qualifies you to assess, with any degree of accuracy, the quality of Rees‘s play calling ?

Coaches are NOT responsible for the execution of the players on the field, only a complete idiot would make that statement at the Division I level.

What is the extent of your football experience, on and off the field ?

If you charged me for a class in football I’d have a great legal case for misrepresentation and fraud.

You know nothing about football and others have already stated that fact !
What the heck do you think coaches are responsible for?

Certainly NOT the player’s execution on the field !
You think coaches aren’t responsible for players execution? What is the purpose of coaching?

do teams with good coaching or bad coaching execute on the field better?

Last edited:
You think coaches are responsible for players execution? What is the purpose of coaching?

do teams with good coaching or bad coaching execute on the field better?
NO, I DONT BELIEVE THAT COACHES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PLAYERS EXECUTION ON THE FIELD.

IF THAT WAS THE CASE THE NFL WOULD DRAFT COACHES, NOT PLAYERS.

NO, I DONT BELIEVE THAT COACHES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PLAYERS EXECUTION ON THE FIELD.

IF THAT WAS THE CASE THE NFL WOULD DRAFT COACHES, NOT PLAYERS.
What are coaches responsible for? Simple question

college and nfl pay coaches a lot of money for something

all of them, but fine pick on Tommy. Tell me how he's not responsible for the execution of the offense, and his only responsibility is calling plays.
Then it’s your stated position that the players aren’t responsible for executing the plays that are called !

That has to be one of the most absurd positions ever presented on this board !

Last edited:
Then it’s your stated position that the players aren’t responsible for executing the plays that are called !

That has to be one of the most positions ever presented on this board !
The players are responsible and do what they are coached… play on the field is a reflection of the coach

a coach is responsible for coaching his players and teaching them how to execute plays. If an entire offense isn’t executing it’s on the coach. If it’s a single player only, you make a player change.

Tell us HOW the ENTIRE offense, every player in unison, hasn’t executed ?

You are clueless when it comes to football

ADVERTISEMENT