ADVERTISEMENT

You're still Notre Dame

Sep 9, 2015
I've been creeping the topics this morning, and I understand why they have taken a negative turn.

However, as an OU guy and general CFB fan, let me set some things straight for y'all:

1. Injuries, not coaching or character, is what hurt you guys most this year. You lost almost every offensive playmaker and still found more. That's amazing. No one has that depth, and all those guys pressed into service this year add a huge depth of experience to your roster. They've already fought the war, next year they'll be focused on winning.

2. You're the smartest team in the country. Stanford may be second, but every player that hits the field at ND is an exceptional mind. Smart guys have a way of retooling and coming back stronger.

3. You're still Notre Dame. Every program, even those with deep traditions, admire yours. You will never have to fabricate gimmicks to attract athletes or fans. CFB is ND is CFB.

I'm sure the loss stings, but don't let it ruin too many days for you. Next fall can't come soon enough!

Classy post and good perspective. I always like OU fans otherwise. Rooting for you especially v sec. We're not waiting for next fall though, we need to win this bowl game whomever we play.

Reactions: LongTimeSooner
Classy post. Thanks for that. You guys have stepped up big time last in the season and deserve the spot. Good luck.

Lol. Yea, it had nothing to do with awful coaching. Thanks for putting the cherry on top. ND is officially the Chicago Cubs. Wait til next year. 20 years of mecicrity and counting. I'm not sure what you're seeing. Too bad 4-5 star recruits don't agree with you.

Thanks Sooner. Hope the sting I feel wears off soon. I guess its girls BB for me now until next fall comes around.

Lol. Yea, it had nothing to do with awful coaching. Thanks for putting the cherry on top. ND is officially the Chicago Cubs. Wait til next year. 20 years of mecicrity and counting. I'm not sure what you're seeing. Too bad 4-5 star recruits don't agree with you.

Another idiotic post by this idiot.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
Well, you've been on rivals since 2012, so that's four seasons of mediocrity of posting for you.

Whatever happened to that 8-4 or 7-5 prediction of yours? Another epic fail on your part.

Reactions: NDSMC78

Yet another "Look at me, everybody! I need attention!" post from the board's resident half-wit.

I've been creeping the topics this morning, and I understand why they have taken a negative turn.

However, as an OU guy and general CFB fan, let me set some things straight for y'all:

1. Injuries, not coaching or character, is what hurt you guys most this year. You lost almost every offensive playmaker and still found more. That's amazing. No one has that depth, and all those guys pressed into service this year add a huge depth of experience to your roster. They've already fought the war, next year they'll be focused on winning.

2. You're the smartest team in the country. Stanford may be second, but every player that hits the field at ND is an exceptional mind. Smart guys have a way of retooling and coming back stronger.

3. You're still Notre Dame. Every program, even those with deep traditions, admire yours. You will never have to fabricate gimmicks to attract athletes or fans. CFB is ND is CFB.

I'm sure the loss stings, but don't let it ruin too many days for you. Next fall can't come soon enough!
Nice job, BOOMER SOONER!!!!!

Thank you Sooner. Sooner fans are among the best. Good luck. I hope you guys take it all now.

Hope you guys wind up against Ohio State in the bowl game. Would be a heck of a game.

Hope you guys wind up against Ohio State in the bowl game. Would be a heck of a game.

I'd like to see that. ND hasn't faired too well in their last couple matchups with them. Would be cool to see ND play their rivals MSU too, or Iowa.

I think the Rose Bowl will take the highest ranked BIG team not in the Championship. That is going to be Ohio State, I would guess. An Iowa loss would certainly place them behind Ohio State, and a two-loss MSU is going to be behind Ohio State as well. 44 may have it right. ND vs Iowa/MSU in the Fiesta Bowl.

I came away from attending the OU ND game in Norman in 2012 with huge respect for OU fans You are a big reason why Great fans

Reactions: NDSMC78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT