ADVERTISEMENT

Your view of the officiating in the

Such a pitiful call. Can’t stand when officials with the game on the line decide it for us.

It was not flagrant. Bad call.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Just an awful call, but Wisconsin lost because they turned the ball over 4 times ... can't blame the refs for that. I believe Wisconsin is the better team, but gave it away

The pick called against ND vs FSU was more egregious
Pat Ryan. Not only did he call that penalty but he and his pals failed to call an FSU player taking off his helmet on the field of play which would have given the Irish another try at the end zone. I'm sure Pat Ryan still has a good chuckle when thinking of that non pick penalty call.

Pat Ryan. Not only did he call that penalty but he and his pals failed to call an FSU player taking off his helmet on the field of play which would have given the Irish another try at the end zone. I'm sure Pat Ryan still has a good chuckle when thinking of that non pick penalty call.

I believe that he also called the targeting penalty on Tuitt in the Pitt game

Reactions: G_a_r_y
Worst call I can ever remember. I was so heartbroken that night. I drank myself to no memory.

It seems to be the same idea as work. They are saying that, if a db jams into a wr, the receiver may not power forward on his way, but must try to evade the db!?.

I have never heard anything like that in sports. In EVERY other situation where a player obstructs another, the former assumes the risk that the latter will run through him. A charge in basketball is easily distinguished.

wasn’t even his call to make! most egregious call EVER!

I didn't agree with it but the replay made it a bit more justifiable when I saw it.

Still didn't agree with it and the timing of it was awful.

It seems to be the same idea as work. They are saying that, if a db jams into a wr, the receiver may not power forward on his way, but must try to evade the db!?.

I have never heard anything like that in sports. In EVERY other situation where a player obstructs another, the former assumes the risk that the latter will run through him. A charge in basketball is easily distinguished.

The DB is allowed to contact the receiver prior to the ball being thrown

Pat Ryan. Where does he ref now? Would they ever let him do another ND game? I would like to send Ryan to Iran draped in the Old Glory. First class on me

Worst call I can ever remember. I was so heartbroken that night. I drank myself to no memory.

I've been watching ND football 50+ years and don't remember ever being so upset about a single penalty call. I suppose the clipping call that negated the Rocket's game-winning punt return at the end of the 1991 Orange Bowl is a close second. When we lost the FSU game on the OPI call at the end of the game, my wife came running from upstairs into our TV room after she heard me screaming a string of F-bombs at the television, to find out what was wrong. During my rant my poor dogs were all cowering in the corner of the room, and I remember one of them trying to crawl behind the couch to hide. Not a good moment for me. I look back at it now and laugh (almost), but man, I sure was hot about it at the time. For a few days after the game I remember going on the internet to study frame by frame film breakdowns of the play, like I was analyzing the Zapruder film. To this day I think it was a bad call by the refs. (Although I laugh at the "conspiracy theory" guys who thought the ACC refs were out to screw ND that night.) And even if the OPI call was a debatable point, the salt in the wound was the failure of the refs to call a penalty on the FSU defender for removing his helmet after he thought Corey Robinson had just scored the game-winning TD. As we all know games are rarely won or lost on one play, but when a penalty call goes against you at a big moment in the game, it can be a bitter pill to swallow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT