ADVERTISEMENT

Would a bowl love to book

ND vs LSU ?
That’s the most likely outcome from the various bowl tie ins, etc…. Only seen them play once this year, but their QB Daniel’s gives defensive coordinators nightmares.

Reactions: d1042
That’s the most likely outcome from the various bowl tie ins, etc…. Only seen them play once this year, but their QB Daniel’s gives defensive coordinators nightmares.
Caleb Williams! CW on LSU might just be undefeated... or Jayden Daniels on USC?

No elite bowl games are really hungry . Bring on the circus

ND vs Arizona in the Holiday Bowl is a possibility, as is playing Oklahoma St. I would prefer Oklahoma St and then Arizona and LSU last. I’d really prefer Penn St or Washington assuming they lose to Oregon Friday, but not In the cards.

Reactions: IrishMike409
ND vs Arizona in the Holiday Bowl is a possibility, as is playing Oklahoma St. I would prefer Oklahoma St and then Arizona and LSU last. I’d really prefer Penn St or Washington assuming they lose to Oregon Friday, but not In the cards.
LSU would have the most impact as a win. Ok state would be the easiest win. Arizona would be a good game

No chance at the other 2

If I had a choice I’d like to see ND/Penn State. It won’t happen if course. But I think it would be a great bowl game. A very physical game as well.

I don’t think he would play in the bowl game. He has really blossomed as a passer this year and Kelly and Denrock have been an amazing job with that offense. If the defense was even mediocre, I think LSU might only have one loss if that. The LSU fan base is grumbling about Kelly not getting rid of the defensive coordinator. Their back up quarterback is pretty good as well, and I believe he’ll get the starting nod next year.

Personally, I have already seen a few LSU versus Notre Dame bowl games, so I’d like to see something else, though of course this is a little bit different because Kelly is there now.
ND vs Arizona in the Holiday Bowl is a possibility,
I would love this matchup — Arizona has completely turned it around behind a freshman quarterback in Noah Fifita. Tstairway McMillan has become a nightmare matchup.

Last edited:
I know that some on this board hate Vegas style power rankings, but FWIW, Sagarin has an LSU vs ND match up as a pick'em. Should be a fun game to watch.

I don’t think he would play in the bowl game. He has really blossomed as a passer this year and Kelly and Denrock have been an amazing job with that offense. If the defense was even mediocre, I think LSU might only have one loss if that. The LSU fan base is grumbling about Kelly not getting rid of the defensive coordinator. Their back up quarterback is pretty good as well, and I believe he’ll get the starting nod next year.

Personally, I have already seen a few LSU versus Notre Dame bowl games, so I’d like to see something else, though of course this is a little bit different because Kelly is there now.

I would love this matchup — Arizona has completely turned it around behind a freshman quarterback in Noah Fifita. Tstairway McMillan has become a nightmare matchup.
Agreed now that I’ve done a little homework. Had no idea he played three years at Arizona St before LSU. Best QB in college football this year? Nothing more to prove and no reason to risk his NFL draft and big contract. Hated the way we lost to Oklahoma St in the Fiesta Bowl in Freeman’s first game, so that still appeals to me. Arizona Does have a good team on a six game win streak against good competition, except Colorado. The Utah game got my attention.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I think the bowl experts predicted that 3 weeks ago....but who really knows
Actually the options get pretty narrowed with all the conference bowl tie ins. Very high odds ND either plays LSU on Jan 1st, or Oklahoma St on Dec 28th.

No thanks. Not into it. There’d be too much BS in the periphery. It wouldn’t be about the players. It’d become a total circus.

A&M is in 8 months. We’ve got a lot to figure out, and a lot of work to do. We don’t need distractions at this point.
I agree with you that it wouldn’t be ideal for the team and players, but I doubt those who choose the pairings truly care about that.

It would produce TV ratings and money, which is what decision makers actually care about unfortunately.

Unfortunately If that matchup does occur players like Daniels, Alt,Estime and others will likely pass on participating and with good reason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT