ADVERTISEMENT

Will Golson save FSU, or will FSU sink Golson

SeanPol355

I've posted how many times?
Aug 29, 2003
Chicago area
The cesspool stories keep coming out of Tally and every time I see quotes from Jumbo saying he will treat these incidents as teaching moments for the young kids. Obviously his teaching ain't sticking. Maybe Golson can do more than just be his QB.

I believe that Golson adds class and maturity to the Nole program, and puts some much needed character into the locker room. Despite his problems at ND, Golson is a classy guy who learned his lesson, and thus is not going to risk his future on some stupid juvenile prank or misbehavior. Then again, the draw of the Tally cesspool is very strong. I truly hope he stays clear of it.

Wow, bitter much?

Hopefully this kid that was suspended for cheating can add character to our locker room lol.

He left. Get over it.

Reactions: Torquer
He had an academic violation which FSU would have never even addressed much less had him miss a practice. Jumbo's lack of discipline of his players is eye opening and the fact that his wife couldn't even stop from straying off course says a lot about what a poor example of a human he is. EG has class, he will likely be successful on the field but very out of place among many of his teammates and coaches.

mqdefault.jpg

Think FSU finishes with about 2 or 3 losses this year.

At the end of the day, that Offensive line, is just that... Pretty damn offensive. And we have seen what happens when Golson is forced to run for his life. So if they can't give him some time to find targets down field, he will start forcing plays.

They play an FSU schedule where eight wins are a virtual guareentee. EG will win another two they would not have won.

It means it was a total fluke and happens about once every 20 years and that is one poll. Many rating systems show that ND played the tougher schedule and they certainly will again in 2015.

Reactions: Bodizephax
The cesspool stories keep coming out of Tally and every time I see quotes from Jumbo saying he will treat these incidents as teaching moments for the young kids. Obviously his teaching ain't sticking. Maybe Golson can do more than just be his QB.

I believe that Golson adds class and maturity to the Nole program, and puts some much needed character into the locker room. Despite his problems at ND, Golson is a classy guy who learned his lesson, and thus is not going to risk his future on some stupid juvenile prank or misbehavior. Then again, the draw of the Tally cesspool is very strong. I truly hope he stays clear of it.
What the hell even made EG go to FSU in the first place ? He knows the crap that goes on at FSU.

To answer the original question I think Golson has a better shot of helping (not saving) FSU than FSU has of sinking Golson. He won't be under the same pressure Kelly puts his QBs under, but he'll still make his share of mistakes.

To answer the original question I think Golson has a better shot of helping (not saving) FSU than FSU has of sinking Golson. He won't be under the same pressure Kelly puts his QBs under, but he'll still make his share of mistakes.

HDK, it really didn't appear to be a football performance question.

Think FSU finishes with about 2 or 3 losses this year.

At the end of the day, that Offensive line, is just that... Pretty damn offensive. And we have seen what happens when Golson is forced to run for his life. So if they can't give him some time to find targets down field, he will start forcing plays.
It is apparent from this post that being informed is not a requirement in order to pontificate on this board ... FSU's ol will be just fine.

It is apparent from this post that being informed is not a requirement in order to pontificate on this board ... FSU's ol will be just fine.
Jon, I'm assuming you're an FSU fan by your post. Maybe you aren't familiar with the poster you responded to, but he is one of the very most informed posters here.

He's referring to our inexperience on the OL, which is clearly a legitimate concern.

I think Golson will be absolutely outstanding at FSU but to be fair I think he would've been absolutely outstanding at ND had he stayed.

No O-line loses that many starters at one time and is "just fine". See the 2011 Noles as an example. You can stick all four and five stars out there, but it still takes them a while to gel in game conditions.

What does it mean epic when FSU played a schedule rated harder the ND last year?

Based on both of them playing 12 regular season games? Or are you looking at games after that? Just curious to see the link you are using. Because at the end of the regular season last year we had a big thread about SoS. And FSU had the lowest ranked of the 4 play off teams. I remember ND's being in the high 20's low 30's, and FSU being in the high 30's. ND was like 2 worse then Ohio State's. With Bama and Oregon beating all the rest of those mentioned.

Reactions: ForeverNole22
End of year Sargin which will take into account conference championship games.

And since FSU played not only their schedule, but also a CCG against a division winner with the highest Yards Per Game in GTech, and a play off game against CC with a top 5 Points Per Game in Oregon. It seems a little Apples to Oranges.

Reactions: ForeverNole22
The CCG counts its part of FSU's schedule that is factored in leading up to the playoff/bowl selection, if you want to differentiate because it also counts the bowl games to that is fine but ND got a boost by playing LSU as well. The original post I had was in reference the fact that FSU's schedule wasn't that much different the ND's last year and in some systems was ranked as harder.

The person the post was directed to wants to pretend that FSU's schedule was something in the bottom half of the D1 SOS but it was in the top third. If one is going to rail on a school thats whatever but I think it is fair of us to request guys like epic fella be accountable for their lies.

Cue... accountability for lies = something about Nole lying all the time about Jimbo which leads to Nole's response about how much of a liar epic is and how he is insane which leads to little fella saying that he has never seen argus post and that nole lies more then anyone in the history of lying which leads to Nole's saying no way that argus lies more, which leads to something about FSU I suppose.

I just have this feeling that Golson is going to have an outstanding year.

Then the real Kelly-bashing will begin.

I can see it now.

I think Golson is going to light it up. As for Jimbo's discipline, FSU doesn't have any more problems than any other program. The difference is the media spotlighting every incident that happens at FSU and they don't do that on other programs. I'm not sure what you think Jimbo should be doing differently. Jameis was never charged with a crime. He got suspended an entire game for doing nothing more than yelling an obscenity. Should Jameis have been kicked off the team? If so, for what?

We have plenty of guys that have used up all of their strikes and been booted off. Greg Reid (he was a pretty darn good player), Greg Dent, Jarmon Fortson are three of the more prominent examples and each of those guys were starters.

This bogus about Jimbo being lax on discipline is nothing more than media propaganda.

^^^^^^^^ Did you actually say that FSU doesn't have any more problems than other programs? I guess you missed the OTL program using actual statistic of the number of arrests and the fact that the local police department covers up for them. I also think your view of Jumbo is ridiculous as he is the same guy who said guys like Winston, a rapist and Karlos Williams, a girlfriend beater were "great representatives of FSU. He is a clown who cares nothing about anything but winning games and the poor fanbase at FSU is ignorant to continue the attempt to cover for this pig and his players.

Winston isn't a rapist. The girl is a liar who is using her accusation to try to extort money from Winston. I watched the Outside the Lines segment. And the only reason FSU athletes get better outcomes than the general population is because they hire good legal represenation.

Our University has clear policies in place. Any athlete charged with a Felony is automatically suspended. Any athlete charged with a Misdemeanor the discipline rests with Fisher. And usually he suspends them for 1 or 2 games. I am sorry Fisher doesn't have a 1 strike and you're gone policy in dealing with Student Athletes to appease you but most coaches don't have a 1 strike and you're out policy for minor incidents either and to expect Fisher to is a double standard.

OMG, the girl didn't even know Winston was a football player when she made the accusation. Please don't be as blind as the other numbskulls defending that rapist and Jumbo for his deplorable behavior as well as FSU's inexcusable refusal to properly investigate and discipline a rapist!

FSU and Winston will soon settle out of court for their transgressions and just like 90% of rapists he will not be convicted.

OMG, the girl didn't even know Winston was a football player when she made the accusation. Please don't be as blind as the other numbskulls defending that rapist and Jumbo for his deplorable behavior as well as FSU's inexcusable refusal to properly investigate and discipline a rapist!

FSU and Winston will soon settle out of court for their transgressions and just like 90% of rapists he will not be convicted.
First off, she didn't make the original call to police. Her friend did against her wishes. And she basically quit cooperating or communicating with Police for about 7 months from March 2013 to November 2013 until Winston was in the middle of the Heisman conversation. Why? Because he was a 4th string QB who she didn't even know when her friend made the original call. Then she all of a sudden wants to move forward in November 2013 because it was obvious he would be a rich man someday and she saw the potential for $$$$$$$.

What about the Freshman QB who punched a girl because she wouldn't "yield" to him at a bar?

I can see your view already: the victim was just another cleat chaser who set up the whole incident just to get publicity and a payoff.

You need to join All-Night Yahtzee and cool off.

What about the Freshman QB who punched a girl because she wouldn't "yield" to him at a bar?

I can see your view already: the victim was just another cleat chaser who set up the whole incident just to get publicity and a payoff.

He is suspended indefinitely.

What about the Free Shoes and Neon Deon not attending any classes - even named a rule after him. Is that really an education - I mean academic one?

Cool off? Hahahah
Aren't you the one that started this idiotic thread?

This is funny stuff. The girl made the accusation, called her parents that same night, went through a positive rape kit and these FSU guys still stick to the same script even though they know it is all BS. What about the second girl who reported Winston? Sure, they don't like that.

FSU is out of control , even worse today than they were with Bowden.

ADVERTISEMENT