ADVERTISEMENT

Who is going to be the first to blame Kelly for the suspension?

Pennick4

I've posted how many times?
Feb 3, 2013
I can think of a couple of rhodes scholars who post here regularily.

Probably who ever is responding to the first Kelly can't be blamed for anything because he didn't have a full team to work with.

and I'll raise you one.

It could be Kelly's fault. Why couldn't he run a little interference for this kid and keep him on the team. Hell, b- or b+ or a little weed. Now, if this was Jimbo over at fsu, he might send some muscle over to this professors house. Or a couple of girls , or boys, to compromise this teacher in question. Or, send the Tallahassee PD over to make sure there isn't anything out of the ordinary at his office. Make sure all of his licensing is current and no code violations.

Of course, then BK wouldn't be coach of the year. Twice.

Sorry to hear about GB, hope he makes it back.

I'm waiting for someone to blame the academic advisors.

18....as you might remember I HOLD people accountable. In this case it is NOT BK's fault.......and assuming those PAID to tutor Greg DID THAT 110%......it only falls on Greg. I hope we see him have an outstanding senior year....esp. if Tarean leaves early.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I can think of a couple of rhodes scholars who post here regularily.

No one has ever blamed kelly for players academic issues, being arrested or other shortcomings.

Find one post that has done that you imbecile. You'll be looking a long time.

Unfortunately, there's plenty of other football HC related stuff to blame him for.......

No one has ever blamed kelly for players academic issues, being arrested or other shortcomings.

Unfortunately, there's plenty of other football HC related stuff to blame him for.......
I am convinced I am on the right side of the I'd the discussion when you are on the opposite. I wanted fries with my order. You f****d up Again!

My bet is cgvr, he hates both Kelly and Notre Dame!
cvgr doesn't hate ND. He actually loves ND. He just doesn't post with blinders on like you do. He may lack a little tact in expressing his opinions (which are always backed up by facts) .... you should try it sometime ..... but he's embarrassed by posters like you who bring a bad name to this storied university with crazy a$$ tunnel vision posting.

I find it interesting when he post something you don't like you just call him a name but NEVER refute his comments. It's like, "you are right cvgr but because I don't like to hear it you're a fraud."

That said.... I do get the feeling he doesn't care for Kelly. Neither do many ND fans. It goes with the territory of being a head coach (everywhere). Some like, some don't.

I am convinced I am on the right side of the I'd the discussion when you are on the opposite. I wanted fries with my order. You f****d up Again!

Well, this is a line that I use often with argus only with better grammar.

"I am convinced I am on the right side of the I'd the discussion when you are on the opposite."

I'm guessing that misspelled "Pennick" is simply another dubs, leonidas, argus, epic.....failure.

cvgr doesn't hate ND. He actually loves ND. He just doesn't post with blinders on like you do. He may lack a little tact in expressing his opinions (which are always backed up by facts) .... you should try it sometime ..... but he's embarrassed by posters like you who bring a bad name to this storied university with crazy a$$ tunnel vision posting.

I find it interesting when he post something you don't like you just call him a name but NEVER refute his comments. It's like, "you are right cvgr but because I don't like to hear it you're a fraud."

That said.... I do get the feeling he doesn't care for Kelly. Neither do many ND fans. It goes with the territory of being a head coach (everywhere). Some like, some don't.

Yeah, my "percussion" can be blunt force, but I find that there's a level of imbecilic density here that requires it.

I know kelly is a prick.

Look at the Yankees years ago. There were plenty of fans that couldn't stand Billy Martin, but pulled for and loved the team. There are many here that are so far over their skis that reason has no place in their thimble sized brains. They are simply enablers of crappy football among other things....

I don't need to like kelly to pull for my alma mater. kelly's not ND family. The question is, can he turn it around and win alum/people back over that dislike him for valid reasons? Sure he can, but that will take an epiphany and a change in approach. I'm hoping he sees the light.

I have yet to see one poster challenge or sway my opinion with data/facts.....

I will say that this site offers a tremendous "birds-eye view" of why there is scattered national contempt for the University of Notre Dame by so many. I never understood it. Now I do. Every fan base has their tool bags. However, when you couple ours' with national/global exposure it gets real ugly.

PS Here's a clip of when argus used to pull for the gators before he was punted from their websites and issued a restraining order from the school.....

Loving ND and rooting for the Irish does not require personally liking Brian Kelly. But it does require wanting him to succeed to the highest possible degree.

Bingo.

Well, this is a line that I use often with argus only with better grammar.

"I am convinced I am on the right side of the I'd the discussion when you are on the opposite."

I'm guessing that misspelled "Pennick" is simply another dubs, leonidas, argus, epic.....failure.

There have been plenty but you are too busy spouting off. Kelly is one of the best in the business. Observe and quit posting your garbage.

18....as you might remember I HOLD people accountable. In this case it is NOT BK's fault.......and assuming those PAID to tutor Greg DID THAT 110%......it only falls on Greg. I hope we see him have an outstanding senior year....esp. if Tarean leaves early.

Except you don't, as you blamed ND's academic advisors for players cheating, rather than the players themselves.

There have been plenty but you are too busy spouting off. Kelly is one of the best in the business. Observe and quit posting your garbage.
Well, let's see you find one you jackass.

I'll be the first to blame Kelly. It's his team. He recruited these guys.

Doesn't appear Bryant has what it takes to cut it at Notre Dame, either on the field or off of it.

I don't blame Kelly. I blame the administration and the faculty for their clear disdain for the football program, the same football program that is responsible for the university's fame.

Kelly is doing his best to bring ND football into the 21st century while the university does all it can to tie his hands behind his back. He has flaws. He's s jerk but so was Jimmy Johnson. So is Urban Meyer. This isn't the boy scouts. Its men playing a violent game.

Last edited:
Reactions: end_23
Man just swinging it around trying to show everyone how dumb you are right from the get go with your new handle

Kelly is doing a fantastic job. He plays one of the nations toughest schedules each year without the ability to recruit many players who star in other programs due to academics and off the field issues that is most certainly a role the head coach must be aware of. He does this with a near perfect graduation rate and while being a credit to the University of Notre Dame.

Reactions: Pennick4
Kelly can do no wrong. There isn't one coach out there that could come in and do a better job than him. He totally gets ND. He recruits the right kind of guys and that shows through every off season.

Kelly is doing a fantastic job. He plays one of the nations toughest schedules each year without the ability to recruit many players who star in other programs due to academics and off the field issues that is most certainly a role the head coach must be aware of. He does this with a near perfect graduation rate and while being a credit to the University of Notre Dame.

Does he make the final say on 2-pt conversions and scissor lifts?

Other than cvgr being a total A$$ he is OK

If okay means below average by ND standards you'd be correct. We were in solid position to make hay this year heading into the spring. Then we lost 2 key pieces. This is going to be a tough grind and we can't afford to lose Zaire or Folston. Meanwhile, both are going to have to do heavy lifting for us to contend.

Perhaps you can answer this simple question:

What component of this team has shown consistent statistical competence over kelly's tenure? I'd like to know what impresses you/others.....

There are a multitude of tracked stats on this site below.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2013/national/index.html

I'll repeat;

Of the 12 head coaches w/ a min 5 yrs tenure at ND kelly (.692) is outperforming Brennan (.640), Faust (.535), Davie (.583) and Weis (.562).

Factoid: "No Coach" from 1887-1893 tied Davie and beat Weis and Faust.

8-5
8-5
12-1
9-4
8-5

Notre Dame has lost 5 or more games 23 times in 127 years.

We have done it 9 times this century.

14 of the 5 loss seasons are:

Kuharich (4)
Faust (4)
Weis (3)
Kelly (3)

Here are the 23 years of 5 plus losses:

1933 Andersen (coached 3 years)
1956 Brennan (coached 5 years)
1959 Kuharich (coached 4 years)
1960 Kuharich
1961 Kuharich
1962 Kuharich
1963 Devore (coached 2 years)
1981 Faust (coached 5 years)
1983 Faust
1984 Faust
1985 Faust
1986 Holtz (coached 11 years won NC)
1994 Holtz
1999 Davie (coached 5 years)
2001 Davie
2003 willingham (coached 3 years)
2004 willingham
2007 weis (coached 5 years)
2008 weis
2009 weis
2010 kelly
2011 kelly
2014 kelly

What's fascinating is listening to folks tout kelly's 8 win per year streak. When I bring up his loss record the fall back is, we play more games now. Well doesn't that take away from the 8 win per annum bragging too?

ADVERTISEMENT