ADVERTISEMENT

What would you call a CFB QB career with 79 TD's & 69 Ints?

I'm not surprised Golson's Heisman odds are lower than Zaire's. He's more of a known commodity at this point, having previously quarterbacked ND to the NC game once. Zaire has never been a starter, except for one game. Zaire actually has the 3rd-lowest odds among QBs who'll be starting for the first time, after Auburn's and Baylor's new QBs.

Here's a good article on Zaire. (courtesy tos) I really like his desire and willingness to lead with more emotion. I think that suits CFB well. (That emotion is similar to the first round pick's) It's certainly a different style from Golson's.

I also like that his former HS coach shared that he was frustrated on the bench. Man, I wish kelly had gotten him in there earlier....even with a watered down playlist. There were multiple times Golson had to be pulled and wasn't....

If Zaire stays healthy we can make hay.

"Zaire also shared, when pressed by his former coach, that he never considered a transfer of his own, even though Zaire did admit to stewing over having to sit until late November while Golson struggled last season."

http://www.ndinsider.com/football/a...362-fe98-11e4-8906-039ff3e7590c.html?mode=jqm

I'm not surprised Golson's Heisman odds are lower than Zaire's. He's more of a known commodity at this point, having previously quarterbacked ND to the NC game once. Zaire has never been a starter, except for one game. Zaire actually has the 3rd-lowest odds among QBs who'll be starting for the first time, after Auburn's and Baylor's new QBs.

Golson has 'higher' odds. And I don't think anybody expected Zaire to have better odds than Golson.. Dude has played 6 quarters of football at this level. I don't think he was running from the competition, like you said, he has 1 year to build his NFL draft case/status and the possibility of splitting/losing time to MZ would have damaged that. Point still remains, he wouldn't have left if Malik wasn't on his mind.

Golson has 'higher' odds. And I don't think anybody expected Zaire to have better odds than Golson.. Dude has played 6 quarters of football at this level. I don't think he was running from the competition, like you said, he has 1 year to build his NFL draft case/status and the possibility of splitting/losing time to MZ would have damaged that. Point still remains, he wouldn't have left if Malik wasn't on his mind.

I think it's great that Zaire is getting the publicity/action.

Was he even on the board before Golson took off?

I don't follow it closely, but don't recall a mention before Golson left. I'm hoping for a steady Zaire climb up the chart... He needs to stay healthy.

http://sports.bovada.lv/sports-betting/college-football-player-props.jsp

Yeah, and it took a transfer to another school for folks to start dumping on him. Go figure. He is terrific leader, has a dynamite arm and needs to work on his ball protection. Let's see how it plays out and revisit it after the NFL draft next year.....
Terrific leader??? That is a joke. Stop posting your crap.

Terrific leader??? That is a joke. Stop posting your crap.

He's also a more level headed leader than our bombastic head coach. You really don't follow football very well.

I get the uneasy feeling that there are those who think Coach Kelly should have given Everett the starting job in order to keep him at ND? The moment a Head Coach does that then he needs to get out of coaching. The HC runs the program and not the players. I have never seen ND, I'm not a Catholic, but I get it. I spent last Saturday and Sunday watching graduation activities at ND with all the pride of an alumnus. It's not a Brian Kelly issue but Everett Golson decision to tap out and transfer while leading the QB competition (according to many experts). I think it's a reflection of his lack of leadership that lead to he's suspension from ND and a 7-5 season last year. A new era has begun a ND and we'll see what kind of leadership Malik brings to the team. He's 1-0 as a starting QB. JMHBO!
I disagree. I think Everett golson should do whats best for Everett golson and his future. if he has aspirations to play at the next level he should by all means do what he thinks will best enhance that potential opportunity . no different than Russell Wilson. I don't think it's tapping out at all. this is his last chance to showcase his skills. can't do that from the bench.

Zaire is more like Russell Wilson than any other QB to come along ,,,,

He reminds me a little bit of Michael Vick. And I'm not suggesting he's as good as Vick yet. But he has some similar qualities - left-handed, strong arm and runs very well. Does he run as fast as Vick? Probably not, considering Vick was one of the fastest QBs to ever play the game. However, Zaire does run very well.

With FSU returning fewer players this year and EG giving the team such a massive bump by the oddsmakers, they are now starting the year with better odds than last year.

This would indicate that the Vegas oddsmakers agree with most of the ND nation after the game last year. Head to head, EG is a better QB than famous Jameis and beat him when it counted most. Again, most of us ND fans saw it when EG beat FSU last year before the refs stepped in.

The numbers being pointed out by the noles regarding Vegas odds going up with the addition of EG only confirm the fact.

Go Irish!

With FSU returning fewer players this year and EG giving the team such a massive bump by the oddsmakers, they are now starting the year with better odds than last year.

This would indicate that the Vegas oddsmakers agree with most of the ND nation after the game last year. Head to head, EG is a better QB than famous Jameis and beat him when it counted most. Again, most of us ND fans saw it when EG beat FSU last year before the refs stepped in.

The numbers being pointed out by the noles regarding Vegas odds going up with the addition of EG only confirm the fact.

Go Irish!
This is delusion on an argusman scale. You are doing your best to make a believer out of me that you are just another argus username. I'm close to agreeing with the rest of the board. You are almost word for word mirroring the craziness he posts.

Anyone who says Golson is a better QB than Jameis is asleep at the wheel and just posting with an agenda. Golson is a good QB but he's nowhere near the leader Winston is. He doesn't have the size, the arm, the anticipation or any of the measureables the #1 drafted player and Heisman winner has. Winston was 29-1 and won a National Championship. It's not close.

As good as Golson played against FSU his game QB rating was still lower than Winston's in that game. A game ND lost. Winston was 12-1 (didn't play against Clemson) and Golson was what? And Winston did it against a stronger SOS and with a very mediocre defense.

There are argus aliases that would have you believe FSU was a 7-5 team last year. The reason they weren't was because of Winston and his abilty to lead and he did it with more distractions than any player in recent years.

Again..... I'm fine with Golson especially if he cleans up his game some and protects the ball. But be assured if Golson had been at FSU last year he would have been a quality backup to Winston. But then so would have every college QB in the country so he's in good company.

The numbers jumped because FSU was lower on the totum pole after losing 29 players to the draft over the past 3 years, losing Winston to the draft and an inexperienced QB at the helm in 2015. They are naturally going to get a bump simply by putting an experience QB in the mix and/or adding experienced depth to the position.

Last edited:
This is delusion on an argusman scale. You are doing your best to make a believer out of me that you are just another argus username. I'm close to agreeing with the rest of the board. You are almost word for word mirroring the craziness he posts.

Anyone who says Golson is a better QB than Jameis is asleep at the wheel and just posting with an agenda. Golson is a good QB but he's nowhere near the leader Wilson is. He doesn't have the size, the arm, the anticipation or any of the measureables the #1 drafted player and Heisman winner has. Winston was 29-1 and won a National Championship. It's not close.

As good as Golson played against FSU his game QB rating was still lower than Winston's in that game. A game ND lost. Winston was 12-1 (didn't play against Clemson) and Golson was what? And Winston did it against a stronger SOS and with a very mediocre defense.

There are argus aliases that would have you believe FSU was a 7-5 team last year. The reason they weren't was because of Winston and his abilty to lead and he did it with more distractions than any player in recent years.

Again..... I'm fine with Golson especially if he cleans up his game some and protects the ball. But be assured if Golson had been at FSU last year he would have been a quality backup to Winston. But then so would have every college QB in the country so he's in good company.

The numbers jumped because FSU was lower on the totum pole after losing 29 players to the draft over the past 3 years, losing Winston to the draft and an inexperienced QB at the helm in 2015. They are naturally going to get a bump simply by putting an experience QB in the mix and/or adding experienced depth to the position.

Does this mean you would bet against Golson being the first pick in the NFL draft next year?

Ok, maybe I went a little homer there. Let's just say obviously from the jump the school made in signing EG, to a level higher than they started last year, EG makes FSU a better team than famous Jameis did.

That might be more accurate.

The numbers don't lie, and Vegas is usually right. I don't argue with the numbers from Vegas.

Go Irish!

Head to head, EG is a better QB

jorlol.gif

Reactions: cgvr and john0gaunt
The noles can't argue the fact that both their greatest wide receiver of all time (Randy Moss) and now likely their greatest QB of all time (EG) are both gifts from ND. We are your daddy that way.

Go Irish

You guys are unbelievable. Argusman with his many handles, and no1e now using multiple handles as well, including one where he's masquerading as an ND alum.

Argusman, have to give you credit for your creative handle names though. I just looked up John of Gaunt. He was the 1st Duke of Lancaster, lived in the 14th Century. Very intriguing.

You guys are unbelievable. Argusman with his many handles, and no1e now using multiple handles as well, including one where he's masquerading as an ND alum.

Argusman, have to give you credit for your creative handle names though. I just looked up John of Gaunt. He was the 1st Duke of Lancaster, lived in the 14th Century. Very intriguing.

Which handle is masquerading as an ND alum?

Dillon Hall, BBA Finance... Wax invited me to post on the board and is a friend of mine. I'll gladly prove my identity to board ops. I'll also prove that a former room mate of mine is on the BOT among other things..... You may report this post and have them contact me.

You seriously think cgvr and no1e are the same person?

SMH

When this board had it's southern cal poster invasion, as the Bush/mayo saga was unfolding, wax called me in and asked me to post here. He knew I also had folks on the inside at southern cal. Guess who was correct across the board from the get go on that mess and called everything to a t before it happened? That was an insufferable stretch of lunacy.

One thing that this board has taught me is that we have a terrific fan base. We also have our share of folks that drive hatred/disdain/ill will towards Notre Dame. Every school has them. I would bet almost 100% are not alumni....

Reactions: ForeverNole22

"no1e now using multiple handles as well, including one where he's masquerading as an ND alum."

Sarcasm noted. o_O

The noles can't argue the fact that both their greatest wide receiver of all time (Randy Moss) and now likely their greatest QB of all time (EG) are both gifts from ND. We are your daddy that way.

Go Irish
And so continues the delusion. Golson is a good QB but he's not in the top five (more likely top 10) greatest FSU's QB's. Not yet anyway.

But I sure hope he reaches that lofty goal. That would mean another Heisman for FSU, another feather in Jimbo's cap for being the top developer of college QB's, probably top four and maybe even a national championship ..... and Kelly will likely receive a very nice THANK YOU gift from Jimbo.

But we'll take him and any other players the talent of Moss you wish to gift wrap for FSU.

Who is this"WE"? If ND was FSU's daddy one would think the lifetime series would appear to be more competitive than as one sided as it is now. Ya think?

Vegas bookmakers are saying fsu is a better team this year with EG at QB. The odds were posted by noles in this thread. Your argument is with the vegas bookies and the other noles, not me. I'm simply extrapolating from the numbers. Sure, Vegas has been wrong before, but they're generally pretty accurate.

signed,

your daddy

Ok, maybe I went a little homer there. Let's just say obviously from the jump the school made in signing EG, to a level higher than they started last year, EG makes FSU a better team than famous Jameis did.

That might be more accurate.

The numbers don't lie, and Vegas is usually right. I don't argue with the numbers from Vegas.

Go Irish!
Not true...... last year the odds of FSU winning the championship preseason was 4/1. This year WITH Golson the odds are 12/1.

Go Irish!
Wow. Not even sure how to respond to that most ridiculous sequence of logical conclusions. And by the way, QBs don't play head-to-head. Players of the same position do not play head to head in either baseball or football.

Go Irish
Even more wow.

Vegas bookmakers are saying fsu is a better team this year with EG at QB. The odds were posted by noles in this thread. Your argument is with the vegas bookies and the other noles, not me. I'm simply extrapolating from the numbers. Sure, Vegas has been wrong before, but they're generally pretty accurate.

signed,

your daddy
A better team in 2015 with Golson at QB than McGuire at QB. That doesn't in any way imply a better team than they were in 2014. Your extrapolation is inane, in keeping with your track record.

Staff Sgt American Beauty, that's the best you can do? Pathetic. I know I don't worry about you running from a fight, not with those six inch hooker heels you're wearing. There is nothing but truth in any of my posts. Try to do better princess.

As for EG and fsu, I am comparing EG and the 2013 team his joining because that was Jameis' first year as starter on the team. That seems more fair to EG. In that year, with more talent surrounding him, fsu was a 33-1 favorite to win it all.

Now, with EG as QB, they are 11-1 favorite. Does this mean EG is the better QB? Of course not. It does mean he makes the team VASTLY better than Jameis did. That's according to the Vegas oddsmakers.

Go Irish!

And so continues the delusion. Golson is a good QB but he's not in the top five (more likely top 10) greatest FSU's QB's. Not yet anyway.

But I sure hope he reaches that lofty goal. That would mean another Heisman for FSU, another feather in Jimbo's cap for being the top developer of college QB's, probably top four and maybe even a national championship ..... and Kelly will likely receive a very nice THANK YOU gift from Jimbo.

But we'll take him and any other players the talent of Moss you wish to gift wrap for FSU.

Who is this"WE"? If ND was FSU's daddy one would think the lifetime series would appear to be more competitive than as one sided as it is now. Ya think?

signed,

your daddy

Your contribution to this board is still zero.
Staff Sgt American Beauty, that's the best you can do? Pathetic. I know I don't worry about you running from a fight, not with those six inch hooker heels you're wearing. There is nothing but truth in any of my posts. Try to do better princess.

As for EG and fsu, I am comparing EG and the 2013 team his joining because that was Jameis' first year as starter on the team. That seems more fair to EG. In that year, with more talent surrounding him, fsu was a 33-1 favorite to win it all.

Now, with EG as QB, they are 11-1 favorite. Does this mean EG is the better QB? Of course not. It does mean he makes the team VASTLY better than Jameis did. That's according to the Vegas oddsmakers.

Go Irish!

Your posts are so well thought through. May we get a third version?
This is a terrific effort by you. Thank you.

"With FSU returning fewer players this year and EG giving the team such a massive bump by theoddsmakers, they are now starting the year with better odds than last year."
"I am comparing EG and the 2013 team his joining because that was Jameis' first year as starter on the team"

Go Irish!
:eek: ....... Call me dizzy from all the spin.

:eek: ....... Call me dizzy from all the spin.

I think he puts his head on top of a baseball bat handle with the barrel on the ground, moves around it making 10 circles and then posts.

Go Irish!
Jameis had never played a down of CFB at that point. Everett is a graduate transfer.
You are awarded zero points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Reactions: cgvr
CGMR- I have told you before and I will tell you again. I will not join you in any of your circle jerks. I'm not into that stuff. I hope I don't have to tell you again.

And, if EG is not your greatest QB, than who is? Vegas puts EG ahead of last year's guy. So who is number 1 in your opinion? Burt Reynolds?

Go Irish!

Jameis had never played a down of CFB at that point. Everett is a graduate transfer.

I'll give you that, but they were 33-1 vs 11-1 with EG. That's a VAST difference. And EG only has 2 yrs. He doesn't have the full 4 years like most GT's.

I don't presume to judge as you do. I mean that to the entire state of FL,regardless what the entire nation thinks of your state. I don't judge the people of your state.

I also don't presume to think that any opinion of JW except god worship is reason for damnation. That's a little Taliban-y, or is it Tallahassee? Anyway, it's par for the course in the state of FL.

I'll give you that, but they were 33-1 vs 11-1 with EG. That's a VAST difference. And EG only has 2 yrs. He doesn't have the full 4 years like most GT's.

I don't presume to judge as you do. I mean that to the entire state of FL,regardless what the entire nation thinks of your state. I don't judge the people of your state.
LOL. Save it. I've been to Indiana.

I hope Golson can come in and learn the offense quickly, but that is not likely to happen. Maybe Jimbo can tailor it to his skill set and speed up the process that way. Jameis is a prototypical pro-style, pocket passing QB and Jimbo's offense is a prototypical pro-style set. Everett doesn't necessarily fit and that was my only hesitation in bringing him in, but he is a great athlete and has a very good arm. We'll see what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT