ADVERTISEMENT

What does Nick Saban know about

Texas loss is worse than Alabama loss. Alabama loss was early. They are playing better of the two most recently. They just beat back-to-back title 28 game win streak Georgia - better win than anything TX has.

Alabama is going.

Georgia is too.
No chance both go and Texas is left out.

Alabama needed a miracle just last week to beat a bad Auburn team

I hear ya, but I hope committee is smarter than that for all the reasons I listed.

All the teams have narrow victories recently sans Michigan. Texas double OT vs KState, squeaker against TCU and Houston.

If anything this year proves playoff expansion is needed.

And Washington struggled bad down the stretch in the PAC 12 in numerous games, including Stanford.

So what.
He said Alabama is playing better than Texas in recent weeks. How can that be said when they needed a miracle to beat a bad Auburn team. And Washington has 0 losses. Alabama has 1

THAT'S WHAT

Reactions: NDinNJ

Bama's win last week was the luckiest I have seen all season. If you are going to move FSU down out of the top four for "winning ugly" tonight, Alabama should have been moved down 3-4 slots for that abortion of a win vs Auburn. If the committee wants to be consistent, then FSU should get the final slot.

I don’t know, FSU doesn’t look so good tonight
Alabama didn't look so good vs a crappy Auburn team last week needing a miracle 4th and 31 to win.It works both ways. Alabama also didn't look good in their loss to Texas at home.

FSU may not have looked good tonight, but they've won all their games.

Not going to happen.
Then the committee is saying the season doesn't matter. The overall body of work over 12-13 games doesn't matter. You are stating the only thing that matters is Alabama beat Georgia in the SECCG so they get in. The loss to Texas at home doesn't matter.

The real crime is that you’re going have what 10 -15 person committee decide who does or doesn’t get in. Again I will say this again . if
it is between Texas and Alabama for a spot , Texas beating Alabama has to matter. Think back Irish fans. 1993 ND beat the “ unbeatable “ number 1 Seminoles. ND loses the following week to BC. Both ND and FSU win their bowl games. FSU is named national champ. How did everyone feel about that ? At the very least the title should have been split. But my point is ND won head to head and yet it was somehow discounted. It was a November game too , not an early September game. In my opinion if Alabama gets in and Texas doesn’t, I think that is wrong. Then I guess there is a possibility they both get in. We will find out soon enough.

Last edited:
Then the committee is saying the season doesn't matter. The overall body of work over 12-13 games doesn't matter. You are stating the only thing that matters is Alabama beat Georgia in the SECCG so they get in. The loss to Texas at home doesn't matter.
I think they want the 4 best teams in the playoffs. FSU without starting QB is likely to get blown out by anyone they face.

I think they want the 4 best teams in the playoffs. FSU without starting QB is likely to get blown out by anyone they face.
Looking at the ENTIRE body of work, FSU IS one of the best 4 teams.

Texas loss is worse than Alabama loss. Alabama loss was early. They are playing better of the two most recently. They just beat back-to-back title 28 game win streak Georgia - better win than anything TX has.

Alabama is going.

Georgia is too.

Dont think Alabama was playing better of late. But kudos to beating UGA. They deserved to lose against a 5 loss Auburn team. They looked pedestrian against Tenn

They had Chattanooga and a 5 loss UK team

Reactions: NDinNJ
The real crime is that you’re going have what 10 -15 person committee decide who does or doesn’t get in. Again I will say this again . if
it is between Texas and Alabama for a spot , Texas beating Alabama has to matter. Think back Irish fans. 1993 ND beat the “ unbeatable “ number 1 Seminoles. ND loses the following week to BC. Both ND and FSU win their bowl games. FSU is named national champ. How did everyone feel about that ? At the very least the title should have been split. But my point is ND won head to head and yet it was somehow discounted. It was a November game too , not an early September game. In my opinion if Alabama gets in and Texas doesn’t, I think that is wrong. Then I guess there is a possibility they both get in. We will find out soon enough.
👍

Exactly

Georgia is out as well. Texas, Washington, Michigan and Bama.
Why do you insist so much leaving Florida State out? Their defense is really good and they won the championship game with a third string quarterback. They are undefeated and can't be left out for a one loss team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT