ADVERTISEMENT

Watching the Orange Bowl from last year (GTech / Miss St.)

IrishBlooded

All Star
Oct 2, 2009
Going to be a tough game. Johnson is going to want to prove a point they belong early in the season against ND. With his option, the TE, RB, FB really are just plug and play. Especially with that good of a QB in Thomas. They return 4 on the O line, and the same on the D line. To me the third hardest game of the season behind at Clemson and USC.

Watch the game here and see the level he had the option at for the bowl game.

It will be a tough game. No doubt. Paul Johnson is a good coach, and he recruits well for his system.
That said, I think ND has far deeper talent. If Zaire plays within homself and Kelly's gameplan, ND should win by 10.

THE game of the year imo. We'll know early on if BK has turned a corner or if he continues to try to simply out score these option teams. Run the ball and keep their offense off the field!

Reactions: end_23
THE game of the year imo. We'll know early on if BK has turned a corner or if he continues to try to simply out score these option teams. Run the ball and keep their offense off the field!

GTech is going to get their plays and points. Their worst game last year, they still put 25 on the board. They had 3 losses on the way to an 11-3 record last year. And combined their losses were only by 13 points (6 to Duke, 5 to UNC, and 2 to FSU in the CCG)

The trick here will be getting a lead and not letting go of it. If ND doesn't score TD's in their first few attempts. This is going to be a very long day

GTech is going to get their plays and points. Their worst game last year, they still put 25 on the board. They had 3 losses on the way to an 11-3 record last year. And combined their losses were only by 13 points (6 to Duke, 5 to UNC, and 2 to FSU in the CCG)

The trick here will be getting a lead and not letting go of it. If ND doesn't score TD's in their first few attempts. This is going to be a very long day
Plus, there is this "feud".
"VanGorder had made some comments that he didn't think too highly of the offense, and Paul called me up and said, 'I need to talk to (athletics director) Sam (Baker) and get Georgia Southern on the schedule,'" Inman said. "I said, 'Why do you want to play us?' And he said, 'Because I want to beat the hell out of Brian VanGorder.' "

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...all-georgia-tech-coach-paul-johnson/19853357/

Reactions: IrishBlooded
Anytime I watch an option based team (Without ND in the game) it makes me miss the option.

Imagine what someone like Johnson could do with the backing of ND and the pool talent he could get.

Anytime I watch an option based team (Without ND in the game) it makes me miss the option.

Imagine what someone like Johnson could do with the backing of ND and the pool talent he could get.
Could you imagine this board with 20 *** stars in a class? Lol

Reactions: IrishBlooded
Could you imagine this board with 20 *** stars in a class? Lol

That would honestly almost make it worth it. Dude I get my comedy off of people complaining about the star rankings. This is something that has barely been around officially for 15 years and yet it is the end all be all of anything and everything recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT