USATODAY/Coaches poll

4 ranked opponents

#10 USC
#12 Clemson
#17 GT
#21 Stanford

Receiving Votes
Texas

Ranking seems a couple slots higher then expected but about right.

4 ranked opponents

#10 USC
#12 Clemson
#17 GT
#21 Stanford

Receiving Votes
Texas

Ranking seems a couple slots higher then expected but about right.

If we can keep Zaire on his feet there's no reason for us not to make hay this year.

PS (Texas lost a huge QB prospect to Harbaugh's poaching).

Georgia Tech and USC are very tough games for the irish this year. I actually feel good about Clemson as they are rebuilding their defense. Georgia Tech is Navy on an 11 and has a habit of making good non conference teams look stupid. ND needs to get up and pound them early.

I think the ranking is higher then I expected but not by much. With the number of returners to this team I was thinking 15 with top 5 upside depending on how the year plays out.

Gentry was not a huge QB prospect, it was big for UT because their QB situation is basura but Gentry was not going to affect that this year anyways.

Georgia Tech and USC are very tough games for the irish this year. I actually feel good about Clemson as they are rebuilding their defense. Georgia Tech is Navy on an 11 and has a habit of making good non conference teams look stupid. ND needs to get up and pound them early.

I think the ranking is higher then I expected but not by much. With the number of returners to this team I was thinking 15 with top 5 upside depending on how the year plays out.

I was thinking the same way and thought 15-17 was too low. We're in a perfect position to climb/gain poll momentum. I'd love to see a quick start to the season and us get into a rhythm. Texas is going to come out loaded for bear because they're Texas, but we should be able to handle them. Beating a huge name always gets folks attention.

A quick peek at Texas' roster shows they've got some beef....

http://www.texassports.com/roster.aspx?path=football

11 is about expected for a team who rarely gets much respect from poll makers. Returning 21 starters is huge and the Irish we'll list be favored in every game. No worries a on loss team playing this sos will be among the last four standing, but could make it 12-0.

I was thinking of a different use of the word huge. Yes size wise he is huge.

No worries. I figured that. I can't believe he's listed at 6'7".

(ot I wonder where Corey Robinson is height wise. I was expecting at least 6' 7-8" by the time he was done at ND)

PS You should have seen Harbaugh hit the bricks running with recruiting. He gets on the line with top HS coaches, "Who do you have that can play for me?" He cuts right to it. Then he whips around in his old beat up pick up truck visiting coaches. He's is nuts, has zero pretentious bones and the folks he deals with love him for it.

Harbaugh is a good coach, but a jerk. It's no wonder that a mope like cgvr likes him and hates Brian Kelly.

11 is about expected for a team who rarely gets much respect from poll makers. Returning 21 starters is huge and the Irish we'll list be favored in every game. No worries a on loss team playing this sos will be among the last four standing, but could make it 12-0.

Huh? In another thread you unfortunately and inaccurately slammed the ACC with:

"The Irish already play UMass and ACC teams. No need for another cupcake. Actually KSU is a power house compared to most of the ACC."

We play 6 games vs that conference. (BC, Clemson, Ga Tech, Pitt, VA, Wake) Now you are touting our SOS?

Would you please step away from the key board, think a little bit and not type every disjointed, inaccurate, thought/lie... that pops into your head.

This is supposed to be a fun site for ND fans/alum to discuss football.

It should not be your personal play ground to disrupt/ruin everyone's experience.

That has obviously always been your goal.

Last edited:
I thought this thread was about the poll?!?

11 is about where I expect ND to finish. I expected 15-20 in terms of pre-season love from other coaches.

Harbaugh is a good coach, but a jerk. It's no wonder that a mope like cgvr likes him and hates Brian Kelly.

Harbaugh was a first round draft pick and finished 3rd in the Heisman voting.

He spent 14 years as an NFL QB.

His football coaching experience, system and accomplishments dwarf kelly's.

Harbaugh's football background is darn near flawless.

He'd run rings around kelly.

There isn't a coach in FB that looks across the field and says, "holy shit that's Brian kelly. We're in for it today."

He intimidates no one. Harbaugh does. You're an idiot.

Actually, Harbaugh's record in college was 58-27, a win percentage of 68%. Kelly's is 98-42, which is 70%.

TCU ranked at #2 ahead of the whole $EC. How low will the former power conf. sink. No teams in the playoff when Bama loses a couple?

He spent 14 years as an NFL QB.

Harbaugh's football background is darn near flawless.

He'd run rings around kelly.

There isn't a coach in FB that looks across the field and says, "holy shit that's Brian kelly. We're in for it today."

He intimidates no one. Harbaugh does. You're an idiot.
I also think harbaugh is a good coach but it's absurd to think he's superior to Kelly at the collegiate level. nothing in his resume as a college coach justifies your statement.

Reactions: captstabbin
I also think harbaugh is a good coach but it's absurd to think he's superior to Kelly at the collegiate level. nothing in his resume as a college coach justifies your statement.

Nice parsing... Absurd? Hardly....

"His football coaching experience, system and accomplishments dwarf kelly's."

He is going to build an absolute meat grinder. Keep the blinders on....

Harbaugh is among the best football coaches in the world. kelly isn't.

TCU ranked at #2 ahead of the whole $EC. How low will the former power conf. sink. No teams in the playoff when Bama loses a couple?

With two other SEC teams in the top 10 and eight total in the top 25 (including 5 of the 7 SEC West teams), it seems like they've got each other well covered.

Last edited:
ND will not be favored in at least 2 of their games.
What book are you seeing is giving USC 3?
Ditto ...... I see Golden Nugget calling game a PK. Also Vegas has USC a 15-1 odds to win NC with ND a 20-1 odds.

They also have ND a 3 point favorite over Pitt, 2 point favorite over GaTech, a 3.5 dog to Clem and a 3 point dog to Stanford.

They have ND winning 9.

Last edited:
No1e, for a guy who lied repeatedly about Winston, called Brian Kelly a murderer and holds Bowden and Jumbo as coaches of honor you have a hell of a lot of nerve calling anyone a dunce.

No1e, for a guy who lied repeatedly about Winston, called Brian Kelly a murderer and holds Bowden and Jumbo as coaches of honor you have a hell of a lot of nerve calling anyone a dunce.
Your lying is only exceeded by your idiocy.

I was being kind with dunce.

Can I get the odds for a 2010 game please.

Stop ....... God you always make my day. Too funny.

BWAAAAAA

^^^^^^. The real question is what will Mo1e lie about today and then say he never stated such a thing. Mo1e takes lying to a whole new level.

^^^^^^. The real question is what will Mo1e lie about today and then say he never stated such a thing. Mo1e takes lying to a whole new level.
Find anyone in agreement with you and I'll be gone forever.

Your lying has gone past pathological. You just lie for the sake of lying.

Get some help. You'll be Baker Acted sooner than later.

Can you get me last year's lottery winning numbers? Need to play the lottery this week.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAA

You offered a bet. If ND has equal or more wins than FSU you will never post here again. I took ND to win, you took FSU, but you lied about it. He who loses is gone, but you lied about that like everything else.

Just for once, prove you are not a liar and a fraud and take your bet!!!!!!

You offered a bet. If ND has equal or more wins than FSU you will never post here again. I took ND to win, you took FSU, but you lied about it. He who loses is gone, but you lied about that like everything else.

Just for once, prove you are not a liar and a fraud and take your bet!!!!!!
Another lie.

I posted no such bet. IB posted a bet with ME. The bet was unbalanced. I countered with the same bet but a fairer wager with HIM. He declined. My counter still stands for HIM.

You had nothing to do with it and I told you as much when I said only an idiot would place a self banning wager with YOU since you have more usernames than Carter has liver pills. I offered you a cash bet which you ignored. Chicken little.

And IB's wager was not "equal" ..... it was " ND would have a better regular season record than FSU".

You are an embarrassment.

You really are a glutton for punishment.

Cgvr I dont think you can bet on the 2013 game anymore
If argus will allow us on his time travelling space ship I think we can. Unlike Dr. Who's phone booth it is shaped like a padded room.
PS I hope everyone appreciates how hard it is to not only get the year wrong, but also the spread. I am still scratching my head over where he came up with 3. Is the 2013 line still moving? Talk about late action on southern cal.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT