ADVERTISEMENT

ThrowBack Thursday. ND at USC 1988

our irish were on a mission after the Miami game and you could see it in this game as they spanked a pretty good usc team. funny thing about this game though was the fact that usc qb Rodney pete took a very similar hit in this game after throwing an interception just like gardner did in the Michigan game last year. both hits were very legal and let both qbs know that if you try to run toward the player who intercepted you then you will get smacked

Great link. Forgot that Holtz sent home Waters and Brooks before the game. It's hard to see any head coach today sending home their leading rusher and receiver before a #1 vs. #2 game for being late to a team meal. That's a leader for you.

My favorite part of this game was listening to Keith Jackson insist that Tony Rice had stepped out of the back of the end zone on Notre Dame's first possession.

And no way that Rodney Peete would have played the second half today with the way they watch for concussions so carefully.

Great link. Forgot that Holtz sent home Waters and Brooks before the game. It's hard to see any head coach today sending home their leading rusher and receiver before a #1 vs. #2 game for being late to a team meal. That's a leader for you.

I have always loved Lou's response to a reporter's question: "Do you regret sending home two of your best players?"
Lou: "I didn't send anybody home. They sent themselves home. They knew what the consequences were for being late. I simply applied the pre-deterlmined penalty that the players choose."

ADVERTISEMENT