ADVERTISEMENT

This is why Kelly left....

SouthFloridaIrish88

Shakes Down The Thunder
Aug 16, 2022
The criticism of Kelly not getting after it on the recruiting trail, and not securing enough talent to compete in the CFP against the likes of Alabama and Clemson are true. But, when you are working for an Administration that is clearly not 100% committed to giving the Head Football coach, the resources necessary to win a National Championship. It can become incredibly frustrating and discouraging. Why should I give 100%? When are you giving 80%? Is that the right attitude? No, but it is human nature.

How does Marcus Freeman feel today? Here is a guy busting his balls recruiting, he is trying to learn on the job, got off to a horrendous start. But, after taking his lumps his team finished the season strong and gave the program some real optimism heading into 2023.

You lose Rees, you subsequently lose Hiestand, because apparently Rees is his adopted son, and he cannot coach without Junior around. (Please don't give me the "spend more time with family" excuse. Hiestand spent the last 3 years at home retired.

Then you have an opportunity for a home run hire and perhaps kill 2 birds with one stone and replace both coaches. And ND will not spring for the buyout?

IF i am Marcus Freeman, and I beat OSU this year, get my team to the playoffs, and Michigan beats OSU for a 3rd year in a row? And my alma mater comes a calling? I am out of ND like a rocket ship on rails. He would be stupid to not do that. Just like it would have been stupid for Kelly to rebuff LSU.

The criticism of Kelly not getting after it on the recruiting trail, and not securing enough talent to compete in the CFP against the likes of Alabama and Clemson are true. But, when you are working for an Administration that is clearly not 100% committed to giving the Head Football coach, the resources necessary to win a National Championship. It can become incredibly frustrating and discouraging. Why should I give 100%? When are you giving 80%? Is that the right attitude? No, but it is human nature.

How does Marcus Freeman feel today? Here is a guy busting his balls recruiting, he is trying to learn on the job, got off to a horrendous start. But, after taking his lumps his team finished the season strong and gave the program some real optimism heading into 2023.

You lose Rees, you subsequently lose Hiestand, because apparently Rees is his adopted son, and he cannot coach without Junior around. (Please don't give me the "spend more time with family" excuse. Hiestand spent the last 3 years at home retired.

Then you have an opportunity for a home run hire and perhaps kill 2 birds with one stone and replace both coaches. And ND will not spring for the buyout?

IF i am Marcus Freeman, and I beat OSU this year, get my team to the playoffs, and Michigan beats OSU for a 3rd year in a row? And my alma mater comes a calling? I am out of ND like a rocket ship on rails. He would be stupid to not do that. Just like it would have been stupid for Kelly to rebuff LSU.
No argument. Kelly sux for many reasons such as how he left but the President of our school is a major problem. Just a terrible leader

Jack is a tightwad for not wanting to pay the buyout. You would think Jack was out on the side of the highway with his poor cup out looking for money for the ND athletic dept. Do you want to compete, or no?

Jack is a tightwad for not wanting to pay the buyout. You would think Jack was out on the side of the highway with his poor cup out looking for money for the ND athletic dept. Do you want to compete, or no?
Highly doubtful this decision comes from him

Reactions: NDinNJ

no sense reading this: the reason BK left is simple, and it is a little 2 letter word that he takes everywhere he goes and is in everything he does: “Me”.

"Jack is a tightwad for not wanting to pay the buyout."

I would be of the opinion Jack would need approval from someone higher than he to pay that buyout. I would also be of the opinion that there is much more to the story than anyone will ever know -- publicly.

I would be of the opinion Jack would need approval from someone higher than he to pay that buyout. I would also be of the opinion that there is much more to the story than anyone will ever know -- publicly.

THIS. But that won't stop some people from acting like they know all the details about the entire scenario.

I'm trying to consider it from ND'S point of view in the cold light of the morning, but I'm struggling. The only thing I can think of is the buyout is somehow extraordinarily high, even for a top-shelf coordinator, whatever the figure is, and ND just can't do it. Which still probably isn't good enough a reason, assuming that all else being equal, MF would have genuinely loved to have bring this guy in, and there were no other reservations.

I know it's a lot, and it seems almost sacreligious to pay someone that much, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. It's just money, and for ND that's certainly no object, at least not the possessing of it, though they may have some spiritual/moral disinclination perhaps. Or they're just, you know, pikers....

I'm trying to consider it from ND'S point of view in the cold light of the morning, but I'm struggling. The only thing I can think of is the buyout is somehow extraordinarily high, even for a top-shelf coordinator, whatever the figure is, and ND just can't do it. Which still probably isn't good enough a reason, assuming that all else being equal, MF would have genuinely loved to have bring this guy in, and there were no other reservations.

I know it's a lot, and it seems almost sacreligious to pay someone that much, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. It's just money, and for ND that's certainly no object, at least not the possessing of it, though they may have some spiritual/moral disinclination perhaps. Or they're just, you know, pikers....
"The only thing I can think of is the buyout is somehow extraordinarily high, even for a top-shelf coordinator, whatever the figure is, and ND just can't do it"

Something I read said the total buyout, which also included the OL coaches' buyout, was close to $4 million. That said, I have a gut feeling there is more to this, but I have nothing more than that.

"The only thing I can think of is the buyout is somehow extraordinarily high, even for a top-shelf coordinator, whatever the figure is, and ND just can't do it"

Something I read said the total buyout, which also included the OL coaches' buyout, was close to $4 million. That said, I have a gut feeling there is more to this, but I have nothing more than that.
It's pretty black and white

I'm really starting to believe this to be true.

Highly doubtful this decision comes from him
Let's be real. ND's persona came from the past glories of its' football teams. Granted it is a major academic institute. Yet if it were not for football success, its' brand would not be as worldwide. So it's sad to see ND higher ups handcuffing the coach and team from hiring a great OC and O line coach because of money. ND has garnered millions off of ND football but Jenkins wants ND to be just another Harvard. Please resign already.

Let's be real. ND's persona came from the past glories of its' football teams. Granted it is a major academic institute. Yet if it were not for football success, its' brand would not be as worldwide. So it's sad to see ND higher ups handcuffing the coach and team from hiring a great OC and O line coach because of money. ND has garnered millions off of ND football but Jenkins wants ND to be just another Harvard. Please resign already.
Well said

Reactions: Airzee23
At present, we know the current deal averages $15 million per year, but Notre Dame is actually earning $22 million annually. WOW and the sec get 49. Million each, that's the problem isn't how can Jack work with that,

You're only hoping there is something more to this.

If a 4M buyout is in fact the reason then the only word coming to mind is pathetic.

Absolutely pathetic!
The only school that still is it's own conference and could afford 10 of those buyouts at once and still be in black.
Yeah you wish your gut was right so you never have to admit the obvious

Yep. Generally speaking the church, it's schools, and this includes the collars are stingy and extremely tight with money, but they are the first ones with their hands out looking for donations.

We don’t know enough of the facts and the circumstances to draw definitive conclusions.

You don’t know what was disclosed or what wasn‘t disclosed, and when It might have been disclosed.

The notion that you just throw unlimited amounts of money at a coach in order to secure a hire, totally disrupting your existing salary structure and causing chaos amongst your staff is reckless and naive.

Intelligent, experienced people are trying their best to resolve this dilemma.

i warned all of those who were demanding that Rees be fired.
i said, “Okay, who are you going to replace him with ?”
And the “Peanut Gallery“ was glib with their answers, thinking it was so easy.
”So easy” huh !
So tell us how easy has it been.

This just illustrates how damaging and devastating Kelly’s resignation and the timing of his resignation has been to Notre Dame.

He fooked ND “royally” and for that there is NO FORGIVENESS…….. EVER !

The mural incident soured me on Father Jenkins decision making, so I’m not a fan, but none of us knows the details behind the inability to hire a quality OC in a timely fashion

Reactions: sluggo69
We don’t know enough of the facts and the circumstances to draw definitive conclusions.

You don’t know what was disclosed or what wasn‘t disclosed, and when It might have been disclosed.

The notion that you just throw unlimited amounts of money at a coach in order to secure a hire, totally disrupting your existing salary structure and causing chaos amongst your staff is reckless and naive.

Intelligent, experienced people are trying their best to resolve this dilemma.

i warned all of those who were demanding that Rees be fired.
i said, “Okay, who are you going to replace him with ?”
And the “Peanut Gallery“ was glib with their answers, thinking it was so easy.
”So easy” huh !
So tell us how easy has it been.

This just illustrates how damaging and devastating Kelly’s resignation and the timing of his resignation has been to Notre Dame.

He fooked ND “royally” and for that there is NO FORGIVENESS…….. EVER !
Good post.

MF can’t wait to be offered a job at a football school. Swarbrick and co. have trashed ND.

Freeman is likely the next head coach at OSU if he hangs tight.

I think Freeman should speak on this subject. If he was being told to pursue Ludwig and then they pulled the rug out from under him, he should be extremely pissed. The whole story may not come out until Freeman leaves for another job and frankly I don't blame him if he does.

I suspect right now he's torn because he doesn't want to quit on the team, but his feeling about ND has probably gone done the drain.

Reactions: Golson5
I think Freeman should speak on this subject. If he was being told to pursue Ludwig and then they pulled the rug out from under him, he should be extremely pissed. The whole story may not come out until Freeman leaves for another job and frankly I don't blame him if he does.

I suspect right now he's torn because he doesn't want to quit on the team, but his feeling about ND has probably gone done the drain.
The story is already out

MF can’t wait to be offered a job at a football school. Swarbrick and co. have trashed ND.

Freeman is likely the next head coach at OSU if he hangs tight.
“A football school” ? Like the one that went undefeated and played for the national Championship twice in the last decade ? That football school, ….. Notre Dame !

Your statement about Swarbrick is an absurd statement, one contrary to the facts.

Kelly “trashed” ND, NOT Swarbrick !

Freeman the next coach at OSU ?

Stop self medicating ….. immediately !

Freeman’s CV doesn’t qualify him to be OSU’s next HC !

That’s an absurd statement, one contrary to the facts.

Kelly “trashed” ND, NOT Swarbrick !

Freeman the next coach at OSU ?

Stop self medicating ….. immediately !

Freeman’s CV doesn’t qualify him to be OSU’s next HC !
He'll be in the running if he is moderately successful here

AND YOU KNOW THAT …. HOW ?

I’M TELLING EVERYONE, THERE NEEDS TO BE A MINIMUM IQ REQUIREMENT IN ORDER TO POST ON THIS SITE.

TYLER, ARE YOU READING THESE POSTS ?

WHERE IS KRESKIN WHEN YOU NEED HIM ?

He'll be in the running if he is moderately successful here
Define moderately successful.

Why would OSU hire a moderately successful coach instead of a very successful coach ?

You can’t have it both ways, Airzee says he’s about to bail and you’re saying that he’s going to stay and hopefully be moderately successful ….. so which is it ?

Define moderately successful.

Why would OSU hire a moderately successful coach instead of a very successful coach ?

You can’t have it both ways, Airzee says he’s about to bail and you’re saying that he’s going to stay and hopefully be moderately successful ….. so which is it ?
If he wins between 9 and 11 games a year and recruits well he'll be right in the running for that job.

A lot of people in the know think the wr coach is the next HC at Ohio State and he has zero experience.

And I never said he was going to be moderately successful. I think he will be very successful in spite of a poor administration. I said IF hes moderately successful he will be in the running there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT