ADVERTISEMENT

The review of the punt that got moved to the 20.

Get used to it. While I don’t want ND to join a conference, I also don’t expect them to ever get the benefit of doubt from the officials. There’s too much money at stake and these officials are affiliated with some conference that ND isn’t a member of.

Get used to it. While I don’t want ND to join a conference, I also don’t expect them to ever get the benefit of doubt from the officials. There’s too much money at stake and these officials are affiliated with some conference that ND isn’t a member of.
But that’s always an issue when you play out of conference games

Not to mention I thought Duke's first score that barely got over the goal line should have been reviewed. Also the targeting call was horrendous.

That’s my point. It’s an issue in all 12 of ND’s games and some times it costs us wins.
We can’t do anything about away games but we can use independent officials at home games.

Why we haven’t is a mystery to me.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Not to mention I thought Duke's first score that barely got over the goal line should have been reviewed. Also the targeting call was horrendous.
By rule, once you use the crown of the helmet, no matter where you hit, it’s targeting.

years ago they used to teach players to tackle like that, it was called spearing

So with all the training the refs go through and with someone watching above that can buzz down when a review is required......NO ONE knew that they couldn't review the spot of the punt? Really?
This team of refs need to be sent to Division II to ref.
INEXCUSEABLE.

There are plenty of teams in conferences the refs screwed

So with all the training the refs go through and with someone watching above that can buzz down when a review is required......NO ONE knew that they couldn't review the spot of the punt? Really?
This team of refs need to be sent to Division II to ref.
And to boot -- Bill Lemonnier, a "guru" of officials, was on the telecast lauding the review of the call.

"This team of refs need to be sent to Division II to ref"

And replaced with who?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT