ADVERTISEMENT

The Opening

perseverare

All Star
May 24, 2010
MZ is out there in Oregon, as staff, and draws high praise for his passing and leadership

And Claypool announces this week! This kid is a star in the making! But, McKinley is a signing day deal; too bad cause ND fans would be giddy over the potential of the '15,'16 WRs classes!

Parker Boudreaux killed it in Nike SPARQ testing today. Really high score for an offensive linemen, proved to be way more athletic then what many thought. Kramer and Jones were respectable in their testing scores.

Hayes absolutely destroyed the testing. Looks like a beast.

As SAL has SAID....Parker the Bus Boudreux has a great SPARQ score 112.62....out did ole Tommy Boy Kramer 85.59 by quite a bit....Looks as strong as advertised and quick for his size....Will be interesting to see how he matches up against the big strong DL later this week.....

OLOUWULE BEITKU 5* DE out of California....Has ND sitting high on his list and will take an official to see campus

Chase Claypool who ran a 4.6 40...pretty good for a guy his size as Sal said he will decide later this week between ND and Oregon.....He wore and Oregon visor at check in

Caleb Kelly 5* LB also lists ND in his top 5.....

The 3 ND kids are recruiting which is always good to see. Expect ND to gain some more traction with some kids that were on the fence about visiting.

One more thing to add, Kramer's # is about average for OL at The Opening, Parker's #'s are just that good.

Also arriving Manti is among the guests at the Opening...maybe Caleb Kelly will have a nice chat with him?
TOS

the great debate is whether PB is 6'2 or 6'5; the issue is eyes on say he is more like 6'2 but he measured in at 6'5
so the question is cleats on or off?
His weight was 289.

JMO but if he is 6'2 and 289, I give a hoot about sparq scores, that is too small for todays OL. By the time he is ready the typical OL will be 6'5-6'8 and 325+. 6'2 / 289 is MAC profile. Kraemer's score was respectably ordinary.
Claypool will probably add size, strength and be faster in 2 years.

At the end of the recruiting session, we will know who ND gained ground on and who ND fell behind.

IF PB is 6'2 then he can be a Jeff Faine clone.....I bet he is closer to the 6'5 he is being billed at.

parker-boudreaux.jpg

(Steve Elmer (6'6") Below)
6_249144.jpg

Last edited:
If he isn't at least 6ft 2 and 1/4, we need to let him go. NOT!!!! Perfect size for a guard. The kid appears to be a brawler/baller.

Reactions: Bodizephax
As stated yesterday Boudreaux shined in the combine part of the event and appeared way more athletic then what was expected. For those worried about his height as a Guard prospect, he measured out at and inch and a half taller then Onwenu who is considered the #1 guard prospect overall.

Tony Jones Jr. got some clippings to as the best receiver out of the RB's. I like him as a RB prospect but believe they will get at least one more RB this cycle.

read yesterday where claypool had a really good sparq score for a guy his size

Chase Claypool 2016 WR- 6-5.5 214- 4.66 4.31 33.5 35.1 total score 99.21

Alize Jones TE 2015- 6-5.0 220 - 4.67 4.03 37.5 37.1 total score 123.75

similar measurables and 40 time.... Jones gets him in other agility testing

For Fun:

Jerry Tillery OL 2015 Alpha Pro 6-5.5 317 5.17 4.53 39.5 28.2 100.14
Parker Boudreaux 2016 OL 6-4.5 289 5.1 4.41 42 30.3 112.62

Reactions: IRISHJD98
just read where claypool made an amazing one handed catch over a defender that all the recruiters writers reporting there are raving about. sure hope he pick our irish while there like most insiders think

Continually, the bad news being you're back!? Enjoy many of your posts, especially when providing opinion about talent on the roster and coaching and scheme, etc... Even enjoy when you challenge Perse when he throws out one of his off the wall posts. Hope your return does not turn into an anti Perse obsession, as you have more credible insights to share, and focusing too much on Perse detracts from these. Just my opinion.

Hi Tex -

How are you ? Thanks for the comments -- very kind of you . As far as purse is concerned if he cleans up his bull shit i'll leave him alone but if he chirps nonsense than the wrath of continually will visit his doorstep :mad:

BTW Tex --- all about the OL this year . If we can run the ball on third and short and impose our will in the red zone than we are looking at 11-1 12-0

Hate to get too hyped, but agree that the OL has the potential to be very special, paving the way for a great running game, and one where we can run on critical short yardage situations and down in close in the red zone. Really looking forward to an offense that imposes it's will on the other team, on the ground and in the air. More optimistic than most about the play of the DL, as I see Tillery and Bonner and Trumbetti et al making major contribution, and Day and Jones being dominant.

Hi Tex -

How are you ? Thanks for the comments -- very kind of you . As far as purse is concerned if he cleans up his bull shit i'll leave him alone but if he chirps nonsense than the wrath of continually will visit his doorstep :mad:

BTW Tex --- all about the OL this year . If we can run the ball on third and short and impose our will in the red zone than we are looking at 11-1 12-0
tell that to you know who at dinner! your no fan of ND!

P23

if - if you had actually read the posts correctly, you would have noted I mentioned a thread on TOS discussing PB; I gave NO opinion as to his actual size because I had NO info one way or another as to who is correct; as turns out it is neither; he is around 6'4ish and 289-290.
that is according to those at the event and eyes on. I did tell you earlier that in photos of PB and another prospect (Hegge) that PB was to appear the same height; and the video of Gary vs PB it appears the Gary is maybe an inch to inch + bigger. Gary is bout 6'5.
The hype of that vid is overplayed; the purpose of the drill was to engage the opponent - not to get by him. PB was one pretty much the only one to be able to maintain contact with Gary in a standoff.
ND has a reasonable shot at Gary as, reportedly, Wimbush's Mom and Gary's Mom are good friends. If she accompanies him on the visit and that academics are explained to him to encourage that he will get every advantage possible, then ND has a shot. It should be pointed out to him clearly that he has a better than 90% chance he will get a ND diploma! AND then Gary does not have to face PB in a real game!

Last edited:
Perse, I thought you were being incredibly negative and expressing what I consider to be an ill-informed opinion about the potential of PB. Sal raises the right question, what of your post was a quote from TOS and what do you own personally? I thought you were expressing you opinion when you wrote:

JMO but if he is 6'2 and 289, I give a hoot about sparq scores, that is too small for todays OL. By the time he is ready the typical OL will be 6'5-6'8 and 325+. 6'2 / 289 is MAC profile. Kraemer's score was respectably ordinary.

telx

I really give a R-A as to Sal's take on what I posted; if he was current on the dialogs and on the Event reports he would have known that that was a point of discussion across the boards.

As to 6'2" I stated that that was my opinion w/o doubt and it was identified as such.
T Kraemer's stats were just that. He did well but not extraordinary. Nothing that happened at the Opening would alter TK's standing as one of the top 3 OT's in this class; he performed better in drills but was unable to take part in pads drills.

I don't think anyone gives a care about my opinions; I tried to share something that seemed a hot topic; and an ongoing one at that (except here where posters choose to place their hands over their ears and close their eyes).

There was really little content on this board relative to the Opening being shared; worse is that there was not a single thread started that the Title was Claypool Committed. I have always felt that each commit deserves such a recognition. You guys enjoy this lack of content and actually prefer it.
Just keep letting ContinuouslyBS's Bit$%, Bodi keep predicting 12-0. Why post any other news?

Last edited:
Tex-

Don't you get it ? You are discussing ND Football w someone who has sex with himself having fantasy's of Brian Kelly getting fired , his whole agenda is rooted in that . He conjures up negative scenarios/fantasy's in hopes that it becomes reality and Kelly gets fired . You counseled me Tex - now I am counseling you . If you attempt/expect to have constructive dialog with him you would have a better shot for constructive dialog knocking on the door of your local mental hospital and asking some of inmates what they think of the read option .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT