Jul 25, 2010
For you poor folks living up north

the silliness that the winter brings to this board will soon be over

The major league Baseball team's pitchers and catchers have reported

AND

NOTRE DAME SPRING PRACTICE starts in two weeks

AND St PATRICKS DAY is only around the corner\\

and soon KELLY will annouce his STAFF to one and all and

recruiting for '16 can begin in earnest.

HERE COME THE IRISH ---10 &2 or Better

And for my pleasure all is almost right in the world as the St.Louis Cards are in spring training.

Go Irish

The first half of the season is going to be tough. Texas in the opener (I know they've been down lately, but it's an opener and Charlie Strong will have that program back on track soon); Georgia Tech - the triple option, enough said; Clemson in Death Valley; follow that with Navy - the triple option; then USC comes to town the week after Navy. I am so glad we scheduled our bye week for Temple. We need a full two weeks to prepare for the Mighty Owls.

Reactions: Bodizephax
SOUTHERN IRISH----YES SIREE Brother the beginning is going to be tough---

On the schedule, tacked up on my wall next to the 'puter, have circled------

GEORGIA TECH, USC & CLEMSON----they appear to be the really tough ones.

TEXAS will be preparing for a team that no longer exists---Coach SANFORD will

see to that------STRONG will be Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered by our new

offense and frustrated by Van GORDER's "LYGHT" at the end of the tunnel.

This is going to be an exciting season. GO IRISH ! Shake Down That Thunder, Lads.

All good stuff 0035. Love the optimistic outlook. Would love a 10-2 season. W/ the schedule a 10 -2 would be a very solid year. Of course, 11-1 would get us into the final 4 w/ that schedule.

Let's shoot for an 11-1 season and a final 4 bid.

Go Irish ! A Loaded Roster going into Spring - A Great Thing.

Two things I definitely want to see this fall are win the games we are suppose to without my chest feeling like it's about to cave in and beat a legit top 10 team. We know USC, Clemson and Georgia Tech will be good next year, but how good will they be?

I hope another big time wideout in addition to Fuller sufaces out of the group of WR's, if it does we could run the table .

All about staying healthy and minimal turnovers .

Blessings on thee BLESSINGS---11-1 (take your pick) and final four.

11 wins and a damn close lose to USC. Van GORDER fortified with

Coaches GILMORE and LYGHT darn near runs the table.

New guy SANFORD cooking up the GAME PLANS and calling the plays from sideline---aided and abetted

by IRISH legand AUTRY DENSON's running game ----sets new ND records--

Man, like we have gotta be right in the middle of things all season. Amd, ahead at the end.

I'm midwest born and bred. These winters build character. This is my 62nd midwest winter. I hope the Good Lord blesses me with another twenty or so. One day at a time.

What a sign of Spring looks like to me

harley_zps3a3c8cd7.jpg

JACK---20 more should be easy, after that the road goes up hill and the knees get tired.

BOD--- you make it happen and I'm buying when we celebrate.

BLOODED & MONKEY--I had a feeling you 2 were off the wall--now we have proof positive.

POET----it should be an interesting year---the pitching staff could be the reason. Some very naasty arms out there.

Spring practice pushed back two weeks---mark your calendar.

Reason---maybe the game can be played at home --on the green, green turf we call our own--

--or---getting coaching staff squared away so that everyone knows what they are supposed to be doing---

--or--a combo of both---it's OK by me, if anyone asks

Mr H. BURGER,

There is a mystical handicap that hangs over THE IRISH and it falls on us almost every

time we go up against the cursed TROJANS of LA. ANTHONY DAVIS in days of yore---

a simple push in the back by one of the BUSHs----a trip here and the sun getting in a wide

open receivers eyesthere-----ever and ever it happens.

The new blood (coachs) pumped into the blue blooded veins of the IRISH may overcome

the curse------light a candle or two on that Saturday ---- in the meantime let's get ready to rumble.

The coffee was great this morning --someone must have put a drop of Mountain Dew into it.

It was yummy.

Worrying about schedules this far in advance is not a very predictable effort since some teams never climb the hill and others fall quickly. ND has the potential but who really knows.

54--U R Right but it's a game us old farts play on slow weekends

while waiting for something exciting to happen. Some snow thawed today in the old neighborhood

but that sure isn't exciting even though my grand-daughter had to call to inform me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT