ADVERTISEMENT

Strebig is Irish!!!

Second o linemen in this class that could be a high level starter. Get Lange and that’s 3. Add Augustine as a project and this is a really good o line class. Overall would be better than 24 although there’s nobody at Guerbys level.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Second o linemen in this class that could be a high level starter. Get Lange and that’s 3. Add Augustine as a project and this is a really good o line class. Overall would be better than 24 although there’s nobody at Guerbys level.
Supposedly Augustine is an Irish lean, but Lange is still looking / undecided. Do you take Augustine now and hope to get Lange later? OR Hold out for Lange, and take Augustine as a Plan B IF Lange doesn't commit?

Supposedly Augustine is an Irish lean, but Lange is still looking / undecided. Do you take Augustine now and hope to get Lange later? OR Hold out for Lange, and take Augustine as a Plan B IF Lange doesn't commit?
I would take both

Reactions: BGI User 756
Would ND take up to 4 OL?
I think that was the plan. I believe they will take both Augustine and Lange if both commit. But, there seems to be a cooling off with Lange, and conflicting opinions as to whether this is one sided by Lange, or mutual. Just some unsubstantiated rumors out there. I hope we get all four. If Lange doesn’t commit, your question becomes even more interesting; but I think I would still say yes, but with a focus on a high level interior lineman rat her than a fourth tackle.

Unlikely, unless they know more than expected are leaving.
Don’t you expect some OL transfers after Spring practice? Does Rocco stay if he gets beat out…does Coogan…does Baker…? These guys are good enough to start for a lot of teams, and I expect each dreams of playing in the NFL.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Don’t you expect some OL transfers after Spring practice? Does Rocco stay if he gets beat out…does Coogan…does Baker…? These guys are good enough to start for a lot of teams, and I expect each dreams of playing in the NFL.
Rocco graduates in December.

If you can’t crack this lineup it’s doubtful you’re going to the nfl.

Yes there are some already known. ND has some numbers issues at multiple spots and ol is one of the most overloaded. ND is always recruiting based on what they know they will have post spring number wise. If they start taking a 4th ol...which is NOT needed, it's a likely sign another guy is leaving

I think that was the plan. I believe they will take both Augustine and Lange if both commit. But, there seems to be a cooling off with Lange, and conflicting opinions as to whether this is one sided by Lange, or mutual. Just some unsubstantiated rumors out there. I hope we get all four. If Lange doesn’t commit, your question becomes even more interesting; but I think I would still say yes, but with a focus on a high level interior lineman rat her than a fourth tackle.
They are cooling, it's a numbers game and right now ND is high on players low on schollies.

They are cooling, it's a numbers game and right now ND is high on players low on schollies.
The numbers will always work themselves out. Take the best players always and work out the numbers later

They may lose an OL or 2 but it's not like it has to be from there

2 easy processed guys are Bauman and Ford. Then you only need how many more? 2 or 3

It could, but doesn't have to come from the OL

The numbers will always work themselves out. Take the best players always and work out the numbers later

They may lose an OL or 2 but it's not like it has to be from there

2 easy processed guys are Bauman and Ford. Then you only need how many more? 2 or 3

It could, but doesn't have to come from the OL
There is more to it than that. Taking too many makes the class unbalanced in future seasons too. Total numbers will work out, but not sticking to target numbers or just taking best available leads to at best usc type teams and at work ND no wide receiver type teams. Still to your numbers

There is more to it than that. Taking too many makes the class unbalanced in future seasons too. Total numbers will work out, but not sticking to target numbers or just taking best available leads to at best usc type teams and at work ND no wide receiver type teams. Still to your numbers
3 is the minimum we were going to take in this OL class. Going 1 over is not crazy nor is it going to do any damage to the roster. If you are going to oversign at any spot, OL and DL is where you do it.

So it's not similar to USC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT