ADVERTISEMENT

Stephen A, Finebaum, and Maddog...

NDinNJ

I've posted how many times?
Nov 23, 2018
The 3 Stooges of sports, talking about how irrelevant Notre Dame is and yet at the same time proving Notre Dame is relevant by talking about Notre Dame!! 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

If Notre Dame is so irrelevant, why are they even a topic of discussion on their show? 😂 They're fools and don't even know it.

Haven't we made the Playoffs ?

Didn't we play for a National Championship in the Playoff era ?

Has Penn State done that ?

Steve's a Philly guy------trash them.

Reactions: tkirish and NDinNJ
Stephen A. Smith is a pompous, bloviating provocateur of the first order. Why anyone listens to him is beyond me. I switch the channel whenever I see he is on. He is on ESPN only because he is such a polarizing figure and likes to stir contoversy. Jason Whitlock recently exposed Smith for the many lies Smith told in his memoir, stirring up a feud between the two of them. Smith could not refute what Whitlock said, so he did what liars do: call Whitlock names to try and discredit him.

And of course Paul Finebaum is, and always will be, nothing more than an SEC shill. That he is bashing ND hardly comes as a surprise.

Regarding Mad Dog Russo, I don't listen to him much or know much about his views on sports, but am not fond of his frenetic delivery. I think Imus once described him as "Donald Duck on steroids." Pretty apt description. Last year he vowed to retire if the Diamondbacks beat the Phillies in two consecutive games at Citizens Bank Park to advance to the WS. Of course he reneged on that vow after the Diamondbacks did just that. What a surprise.

Last edited:
Just go to a road game Notre Dame is playing in and you'll see how relevant they are. Pretty sure the game at Duke last year had to be the largest crowd they ever had at Wallace Wade Stadium. I wouldn't get too worked up about this.

Reactions: NDinNJ and Kelso86
Just go to a road game Notre Dame is playing in and you'll see how relevant they are. Pretty sure the game at Duke last year had to be the largest crowd they ever had at Wallace Wade Stadium. I wouldn't get too worked up about this.
Yup, was at the Sun Bowl and saw immigrant families 3 generations deep all decked out in ND gear. We will never be irrelevant.

👍

All 3 of those guys are irritating jerks! Understand in this era, the more stupid things you say, the louder you are, the more interest you generate. Smith tries to "act" intelligent with his vocabulary, Finebaum is all SEC, Russo is another East Coast loudmouth that sounds like Joe Pesci.

All 3 of those guys are irritating jerks! Understand in this era, the more stupid things you say, the louder you are, the more interest you generate. Smith tries to "act" intelligent with his vocabulary, Finebaum is all SEC, Russo is another East Coast loudmouth that sounds like Joe Pesci.
What’s wrong with Joe Pesce, you think he’s funny ……… how is he funny ?

Evidently a slow sports week when you have to bash a team whose season ended over a month ago. Yet your whole premise is to talk about how irrelevant they are. Seriously, irony is comical.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
Evidently a slow sports week when you have to bash a team whose season ended over a month ago. Yet your whole premise is to talk about how irrelevant they are. Seriously, irony is comical.
The irony is hilarious though. They are literally giving significant air time to a school and program they are calling irrelevant. If ND is so irrelevant why are they on a national TV sports show talking about ND. 😂

Part of this is Notre Dame sells. It gets clicks. People pay attention. Beats talking about Iowa or Tennessee.

The mouth of the south knows Notre Dame is more relevant than anything the SEC has to offer. IMO if ND joined the ACC for football Bama & Georgia would be falling all over themselves to join the ACC.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86 and NDinNJ
Notre Dame is so irrelevant that we are always a top 8 most watched team in the country, even in a down year. What they don’t talk about is our 2012 undefeated run, we were the most watched team.

The reason I’m even using television ratings as my point is simply because that is the driving force of money in college football.

Notre Dame is so irrelevant that we are always a top 8 most watched team in the country, even in a down year. What they don’t talk about is our 2012 undefeated run, we were the most watched team.

The reason I’m even using television ratings as my point is simply because that is the driving force of money in college football.
👍

Stephen A. Smith is a pompous, bloviating provocateur of the first order. Why anyone listens to him is beyond me. I switch the channel whenever I see he is on. He is on ESPN only because he is such a polarizing figure and likes to stir contoversy. Jason Whitlock recently exposed Smith for the many lies Smith told in his memoir, stirring up a feud between the two of them. Smith could not refute what Whitlock said, so he did what liars do: call Whitlock names to try and discredit him.

And of course Paul Finebaum is, and always will be, nothing more than an SEC shill. That he is bashing ND hardly comes as a surprise.

Regarding Mad Dog Russo, I don't listen to him much or know much about his views on sports, but am not fond of his frenetic delivery. I think Imus once described him as "Donald Duck on steroids." Pretty apt description. Last year he vowed to retire if the Diamondbacks beat the Phillies in two consecutive games at Citizens Bank Park to advance to the WS. Of course he reneged on that vow after the Diamondbacks did just that. What a surprise.

Mad dog was an institution along with Mike Francesca 1-5 wfan 660 am. Chris Russo not a big CFB guy. SF Giants was his team.

I liked Chris but he seemed to get a little carried away.

I liked the commercial with Steve A and his son, I thought that it was creative and funny, but he speaks as if he’s the authority on every subject being discussed.
Sucess has seemingly gone to his head.

Feinbaum, an obvious SEC homer, whose knowledge of college football diminished in direct linear proportion to each mile that the subject of his comments were distanced from Tuscaloosa.

I like Mad Dog but he sounds just as dumb as the other two. They may not like ND but you still or the ones talking about ND.

Reactions: NDinNJ
WRONG, but good try

2023 - Stanford away - capacity 50,424 - attendance 30,901

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT