18. Georgia
19. Arizona State
20. Wisconsin
21. Georgia Tech
22. Oklahoma
23. BYU
24. LSU
25. Oklahoma State

ND seems a bit low at 7 with all they have returning, but all they need to do is win and they will be in the Final Four as expected.

Who do they lose to? I certainly can't see three losses without severe and unexpected set backs.

USC, GA Tech, and Clemson will be the toughest three games. Stanford, Pitt, BC, and Texas won't be pushovers. All of them should be winnable though.

I wasn't saying they will lose three games. A #7 ranking likely means a 1 or 2 loss team (depending on when the losses are and who they are to). A #21 ranking likely means a 3 or 4 loss team.

was watching a few minutes of the Georgia tech spring game and the anouncers were talking about how at least half of the tech defense was out for the spring because of major injuries. if there not healthy in the fall in that could hamper there season. if MZ can show in the fall that he can be a accurate passer then the usc game may be our only big hurdle in going undefeated. but again MZ has to prove that he can be an accurate passer this season for our irish to be able to go undefeated

Does this ranking consider an untested and inexperienced starting QB and zero experience as his back up? Don't underestimate the situation because the whole season could come crashing down on one play. I am not worried about the G Tech defense and their injuries. It's their offense and OUR defense that has me concerned. This is going to be a tested and grueling season for the Irish. One loss will be nothing short of a miracle.

Reactions: TurnoverMachine
Problems? Any day in CFB, but ND will be heavily favored against these teams barring unforeseen circumstances.

I think a possible undefeated season comes down staying healthy on the defensive side and MZ being a accurate passer

Reactions: Epictitus
Who do they lose to? I certainly can't see three losses without severe and unexpected set backs.

Ummmmm, what? ND has the toughest schedule in the country for the first half of the season. Texas, UVA, GT, Navy, Clemson, USC. If they start 4-3 I'm not going to be upset. As much as Kelly screws up he is a grinder. His team's will always have winning records. After the brutal start to the season there is no reason why they can't win out. 9-3 is my prediction and a big bowl game.

20 to 25 would be proper. Doesn't matter what they have returning on they prove they can do something on the field with it

tOSU, SEC champ (Bama or UGA or LSU), and the return of USC look like playoff teams.
The 4th team ACC would have been FSU, but with a question at QB that leaves an openning.
I doubt the SEC gets 2 spots. The rest are vying for the last spot.

My guess is FSU, or Clemson will make a run.

tOSU, SEC champ (Bama or UGA or LSU), and the return of USC look like playoff teams.
The 4th team ACC would have been FSU, but with a question at QB that leaves an openning.
I doubt the SEC gets 2 spots. The rest are vying for the last spot.

My guess is FSU, or Clemson will make a run.
Put a gun to my temple and make me pick this year I believe 9-3 would be fair and rational after looking at the schedule. ND will be dogs three times IMHO.

As far as playoff predictions it's entirely possible (maybe probable) that the ACC is the conference left on the outside looking in when the dust settles this year. IMHO, if FSU wins the ACC (big IF) they will have to be undefeated and dominate to make the playoffs. With their schedule this year 11-1 won't make it unless other conference winners falter. I see FSU at 10-2 /9-3 regular season losing possibly to Clemson and GaTech.

FSU was a 7-5 team, but with Golson coming to bail them out I think they will improve. It should be fun to wTch the likes of No1e squirm after dumping on howitzer Golson was for four years. LOL!

Put a gun to my temple and make me pick this year I believe 9-3 would be fair and rational after looking at the schedule. ND will be dogs three times IMHO.

As far as playoff predictions it's entirely possible (maybe probable) that the ACC is the conference left on the outside looking in when the dust settles this year. IMHO, if FSU wins the ACC (big IF) they will have to be undefeated and dominate to make the playoffs. With their schedule this year 11-1 won't make it unless other conference winners falter. I see FSU at 10-2 /9-3 regular season losing possibly to Clemson and GaTech.

my guess is based strickly off recruiting precedents and the ultimate contenders. I let the past data and trends arrive at the teams. Until the stats start to miss, it is hard to ignore them.

FSU was a 7-5 team, but with Golson coming to bail them out I think they will improve. It should be fun to wTch the likes of No1e squirm after dumping on howitzer Golson was for four years. LOL!
Just checked the record books. FSU was a 13-1 team winning 29 straight. You just made that up. Your envy is showing again. No way Golson will top that.

You have dumped on Golson more than I have as I have never said a negative thing about him.

I'm just enjoying your meltdown watching your boy possibly considering FSU as a landing place for his talent. It's karma and there is a GOD. Not to worry .... the doctors are only half way through the list of meds that may help you get through this and the gamma knife procedure is improving every day.

http://www.floridahospitalneuro.com...radiosurgery?gclid=CNuOkoTKzcUCFUgkgQodOI8AbA

FSU with adequate QB play is a "recruiting predicted" top 6 team. (but 2013's class was only #13, so they are vulnerable). FSU's question is the QB spot- they will definately have a 1st year QB starter to their offense. (ND fans know the impact of 1st year QB's on an offense)

1. Ohio State
2. Baylor
3. Auburn
4. Alabama
5. Michigan State
6. TCU
7. Notre Dame
8. UCLA
9. Florida State
10. Oregon
11. Stanford
12. Ole Miss
13. Arizona
14. USC
15. Boise State
16. Clemson
17. Mizzou
18. Georgia
19. Arizona State
20. Wisconsin
21. Georgia Tech
22. Oklahoma
23. BYU
24. LSU
25. Oklahoma State

ND seems a bit low at 7 with all they have returning, but all they need to do is win and they will be in the Final Four as expected.
I am excited about the prospects of 2015 with what we have returning, but we did lose 5 games in 2014. That can't just be ignored.

FSU with adequate QB play is a "recruiting predicted" top 6 team. (but 2013's class was only #13, so they are vulnerable). FSU's question is the QB spot- they will definately have a 1st year QB starter to their offense. (ND fans know the impact of 1st year QB's on an offense)
ND fans know the impact of 1st year QB's on an offense)
Yes we do. Notre Dame is 15-1 with first year red shirt freshman quarterbacks under Coach Kelly..

The schedule is tough, but who can beat the Irish?

I think the 4 toughest games are clearly USC, @Stanford, @Clemson and Georgia Tech. All 4 of those teams will likely begin the season ranked in the top 15 of most polls. We should win the other eight games, if we play up to our potential. Those 4 games are tossups IMO. So I'll go ahead and pick 2-2 in those 4, for a finish of 10-2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT