ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously, wtf

tdjesus11

Irish Insider
Sep 21, 2003
I hardly ever post. Usually just read. I don't see what is so wrong with this new board. To post a new topic, hit a button and start typing. To reply, hit the button and start typing.

I think the new format us great and it works well with a mobile device. The old site sucked with mobile.

It's 2015, times do change and this is for the better. Only person I feel bad for is NDsince35. He is one of few who has earned a right to complain. Most people are the same people who bitch just about everything.

Reactions: ohio1980
I hardly ever post. Usually just read. I don't see what is so wrong with this new board. To post a new topic, hit a button and start typing. To reply, hit the button and start typing.

I think the new format us great and it works well with a mobile device. The old site sucked with mobile.

It's 2015, times do change and this is for the better. Only person I feel bad for is NDsince35. He is one of few who has earned a right to complain. Most people are the same people who bitch just about everything.
sounds like your doing enough bitching for everyone!

maybe read all of the posts in the all of the related threads before you begin such a 'rant'.

Reactions: irishdave2000

the format and readability of this board is very bad what do you not understand about that? You do not have to be ND35 to see that this sux a few format changes and it can be fine it has nothing to do with technology it is formatting the way the information is displayed if you do not see a problem with that, you are in the minority

It doesn't work well with my phone. I have an aging smartphone that can't handle these newer websites very well (just doesn't have the power/memory needed).

But on the computer, I'm okay with the new site. It takes some getting used to, but it has a lot of new features.

As an "older" poster I just would like to know...WHY can't these computer geeks improve all the code BUT leave the look etc exactly the same as before so we barely notice any change???

As an "older" poster I just would like to know...WHY can't these computer geeks improve all the code BUT leave the look etc exactly the same as before so we barely notice any change???

Rivals didn't 'design' this board. This is software you will find on other sites as well. They wrote some code no doubt. But this ins't completely original to Rivals. So to make it look like it did before, well, it wasn't designed to do so.

Rivals didn't 'design' this board. This is software you will find on other sites as well. They wrote some code no doubt. But this ins't completely original to Rivals. So to make it look like it did before, well, it wasn't designed to do so.

Thats the problem when you use packaged software. I assume Yahoo/Rivals does that. I know the university I used to work for did. But I also developed my own web pages using "raw" html.

Hated using packaged software, because I could never get my course materials to look right and behave the way I wanted them to. So developed my own from scratch.

Problem is, most IT majors who develop all this stuff you find on the web only learn how to use packaged software and can't develop their own.

Reactions: perseverare
i'm okay with the new setup. it just takes time to get it but once you do then it becomes easy to navigate around here. I like the fact that we get to have avatars now

I have read more in the way of comments than complaints so I do not understand this thread complaining about comments.

Thats the problem when you use packaged software. I assume Yahoo/Rivals does that. I know the university I used to work for did. But I also developed my own web pages using "raw" html.

Hated using packaged software, because I could never get my course materials to look right and behave the way I wanted them to. So developed my own from scratch.

Problem is, most IT majors who develop all this stuff you find on the web only learn how to use packaged software and can't develop their own.

This is just an ignorant statement. Most IT Majors do develop their own software. Also, it takes IT developers to develop the packaged software. I would steer away from trying to sound knowledgeable in an area you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Herb

the developers were indeed 3rd party; the developer is shown on the bottom of the page.

So it is not totally a forum specific project done 'in house'. So my guess is they may have used 'test subjects' at the developer level who may or may not have had or are/are not active 'sports' forum familiar.

Again the design is leaning on the Soc Network design; for our purpose, given the range of posters, tweeking to allow a poster or registered member to design his forum home page (personalize for more or less bells and whistles) allows more possible familiarity.

JMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT