ADVERTISEMENT

Season is approaching. Time to plan game menu. Where is the best pizza?

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Roccos in SB. But I am always looking all over this country for the best pizza. So I may find myself in a city near you getting ready to watch the boys in my hotel. Who has the best pizza?

Regular or thin crust is the true measure

I will do the occasional deep dish, but there is a bigger margin for error with deep dish. All that dough can hide many sins

What u got for theskibro?

If you find yourself on Chicago's South Side, say the Oak Lawn Hilton, check out Vito & Nick's Pizzeria. 85th and Pulaski. Great thin crust, classic Chicago style. Used to eat there a lot when I lived nearby.

Back it the day it was listed as Nick and Vito's in the phone book. Never knew why.

Reactions: sluggo69
Roccos in SB. But I am always looking all over this country for the best pizza. So I may find myself in a city near you getting ready to watch the boys in my hotel. Who has the best pizza?

Regular or thin crust is the true measure

I will do the occasional deep dish, but there is a bigger margin for error with deep dish. All that dough can hide many sins

What u got for theskibro?
If the person delivering it starts badmouthing fsu....well you know...

Can't beat Pepe's for regular pizza. Try the white clam, it's unique and awesome. Lou Malnatti's in Chicago for deep dish, though Gino's East, Giordano's and others are also great.

And the funny part is right behind Pepe's is The Spot, which rarely has a line, but is the original Pepe's, ovens and all.
There are about a half dozen other Pizza joints in either New Haven or surrounding towns that also have very good pizza.

Polito's on Grape Road was my favorite when I attended. Well kept secret,
a lot of the players would visit after the games. Haven't been there in a decade, so I'm not 100% it's still there.

Polito's on Grape Road was my favorite when I attended. Well kept secret,
a lot of the players would visit after the games. Haven't been there in a decade, so I'm not 100% it's still there.

Naples florida- Morevelas
Phoenix - Oreganos
New York - Phils
Dallas - good luck, I have lived in this hellhole and still cannot find good pizza
Best value pizza - Costco
Worst national pizza - Pizza Hut

From the places I've lived, in best to worst order.

Chicago- gotta go with Pequods. Hands down best pizza I've ever had.
Bloomington, IN- Mother Bears
Indy- Place called Brozinni's on the southside. NY style
Cincinnati- Adriadico's
St. Louis- It's all crap, provel cheese ruins it. Find the DeepDish place in the CWE.
Dallas- I spent 14 years here. Could not find a go-to pizza place. Get some Brisket.

From the places I've lived, in best to worst order.

Chicago- gotta go with Pequods. Hands down best pizza I've ever had.
Cincinnati- Adriadico's
St. Louis- It's all crap, provel cheese ruins it. Find the DeepDish place in the CWE.
Dallas- I spent 14 years here. Could not find a go-to pizza place. Get some Brisket.

Not been to Brozinni's. Mother Bears is good, but 95% of the pizza in Indy tastes like it's made on motza crackers... Giacomos is decent, but Pizzology is my first choice.

In high school I used to visit a little place outside Valley Forge called Little Italy's. It may be the nostalgia but I've never had better.

Isn't there a place South of the airport in S.Bend that was a dive, but had great Chicago style pizza? Bruno's or something like that? They had a $5 buffet on Thursday nights when I was at ND.

I might be thinking of Rocco's.

Hands down, the best pizza in the Indianapolis, Indiana area is Jockamo's in Irvington and Greenwood.
No other pizza is even close!

Pequods. No doubt. If you can make it there between 11 and 3 on weekdays they have the best lunch special in Chicago. (Used to be better when it came with a beer)

If any of you guys are ever in the Ottawa, Canada area, stop by Colonnade Pizza, not far from Parliament Hill. Some of the best pizza I've ever eaten, although I'd say use your knife and fork!

If any of you guys are ever in the Ottawa, Canada area, stop by Colonnade Pizza, not far from Parliament Hill. Some of the best pizza I've ever eaten, although I'd say use your knife and fork!

Pk Here is what we have so far-- Let's keep adding No L>A.? No Seattle? No Miami? No Philly? Perse- what about New Jersey?

Best Pizza by City

Chicago- gotta go with Pequods. Hands down best pizza I've ever had. Pepe's Lou Malnatti's for deep Dish thin- Vito & Nick's Pizzeria. 85th and Pulaski. Giordano's. Pequods Cincinnati- Adriadico's
Indianapolis - Jockamo's in Irvington and Greenwood.

Dallas- I spent 14 years here. Could not find a go-to pizza place. Get some Brisket. Olivella's

Naples Florida- Morevelas

Napoli , Italy- Sorbillo Gino, Via dei Tribunali

New York – Rays

Orange NJ Star Tavern

Ottawa - Colonnade Pizza, not far from Parliament Hill.
Phoenix - Oreganos
South Bend Polito's on Grape Road Rocco’s

ADVERTISEMENT