ADVERTISEMENT

Rudy Director's Cut

I always thought the term "director's cut" was reserved for films made by people like Francis Ford Coppola or Martin Scorsese.

The Ned Beatty speech was nice, explaining why the family was so into Notre Dame football. But Rudy is already a long movie, so I can see why it was cut.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Interesting. This coincides with the 30th anniversary of the movie's release. Hard to believe it's been that long.

I always liked what defensive coach George Kelly had to say about Rudy (and I paraphrase because I can't remember it verbatim): "Of all the guys who busted their asses to play for Notre Dame, they make a movie about that son of a bitch."

Say what you will about the real Rudy and the truthful set of facts around the actual story. I LOVE and have always loved the movie Rudy. When I heard this Director’s Cut came out, I was excited. I got around to watching the Director’s Cut this morning and I fully appreciated the additional 13 minutes. It augments the storyline well and brings more depth to the character of Mary. I really enjoyed it and encourage those of you who love the movie to check it out. I wish the Directors Cut would have been the final theatrical version but I’m just happy to have gotten to see it in it’s intended form.

Reactions: Golson5
Say what you will about the real Rudy and the truthful set of facts around the actual story. I LOVE and have always loved the movie Rudy. When I heard this Director’s Cut came out, I was excited. I got around to watching the Director’s Cut this morning and I fully appreciated the additional 13 minutes. It augments the storyline well and brings more depth to the character of Mary. I really enjoyed it and encourage those of you who love the movie to check it out. I wish the Directors Cut would have been the final theatrical version but I’m just happy to have gotten to see it in it’s intended form.
How did you watch it?

Reactions: Jersey Domer
How did you watch it?
It’s available in 4K HD and digital. As a heads up, the Blue Ray disk that comes with the 4K copy only has the theatrical edition. I bought a copy of Rudy on my iTunes store app on my iPhone and the Director’s Cut is available as an “extra” feature.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarlemIrish
It’s available in 4K HD and digital. As a heads up, the Blue Ray disk that comes with the 4K copy only has the theatrical edition. I bought a copy of Rudy on my iTunes store app on my iPhone and the Director’s Cut is available as an “extra” feature.
Thanks. I don't have an iPhone nor do I use iTunes. Will need to find another method.

I always thought the term "director's cut" was reserved for films made by people like Francis Ford Coppola or Martin Scorsese.
Sounds better than deleted scenes money grab.

That being said, watch The Warriors before you watch the alternate-beginning. It would have totally changed the feel of the story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT