ADVERTISEMENT

Renovations

NDblitz

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Dec 15, 2021
"Atheltic Director Jack Swarbrick stated that the Guglielmino Athletics Complex (Known as the Gug) is expected to have renovations/expansions done to it sometime in 2024 on the Irish Illustrated Podcast -
The Gug primarily serves as the headquarters for Notre Dame Football, located directly across from the indoor Irish Athletics Center on campus. Various people associated with the University have expressed the need for facility upgrades across the program for years. As of lately, Notre Dame has been investing a lot of money into building new buildings like the Indoor Irish Athletics Center and renovating existing facilities like the Gug. These upgrades are important to the success of the program."

Retaining good coaches, expanding the football facilities, etc. are all great long overdue needed changes.

Next step is to stop being 5-10+ years behind the rest of the league and start making the kind of moves that have ND out in front at #1 ahead of the rest of the country.

I think there's A LOT of potential in the scouting/transferring/signing/procuring side of college football operations offices right now with NIL and the transfer portal.

Would be siiiick if ND poured a ton of resources into these areas of the program and built the very best talent evaluation (scouting) and talent procurement (recruiting) operations in the business.

Last edited:
Reactions: edub72
"Atheltic Director Jack Swarbrick stated that the Guglielmino Athletics Complex (Known as the Gug) is expected to have renovations/expansions done to it sometime in 2024 on the Irish Illustrated Podcast -
The Gug primarily serves as the headquarters for Notre Dame Football, located directly across from the indoor Irish Athletics Center on campus. Various people associated with the University have expressed the need for facility upgrades across the program for years. As of lately, Notre Dame has been investing a lot of money into building new buildings like the Indoor Irish Athletics Center and renovating existing facilities like the Gug. These upgrades are important to the success of the program."
How are they going to renovate, by adding more levels? I don’t think there is much more room to expand unless they build up. Any idea of what the plans are?

Retaining good coaches, expanding the football facilities, etc. are all great long overdue needed changes.

Next step is to stop being 5-10+ years behind the rest of the league and start making the kind of moves that have ND out in front at #1 ahead of the rest of the country.

I think there's A LOT of potential in the scouting/transferring/signing/procuring side of college football operations offices right now with NIL and the transfer portal.

Would be siiiick if ND poured a ton of resources into these areas of the program and built the very best talent evaluation (scouting) and talent procurement (recruiting) operations in the business.
How do you know that ND is not doing this already?

How are they going to renovate, by adding more levels? I don’t think there is much more room to expand unless they build up. Any idea of what the plans are?
I believe they can expand or plan to expand onto the tennis courts? Which would lead to relocation.

247 talent rankings and recruiting rankings aren't good enough.
That's based solely on your own speculation about the money spent by ND. You have no idea how much money ND spends on talent evaluation and talent procurement. ND may spend more than other schools or less than other schools, but the fact is that you don't have any idea at all. Similarly, you have yet to see ND's product on the field. You don't know how ND's recruits will actually play in the 2024, 2025 and 2026 seasons. But, as per your norm, you will take yet another chance to bash ND.

Reactions: BGI User 756
That's based solely on your own speculation about the money spent by ND. You have no idea how much money ND spends on talent evaluation and talent procurement. ND may spend more than other schools or less than other schools, but the fact is that you don't have any idea at all. Similarly, you have yet to see ND's product on the field. You don't know how ND's recruits will actually play in the 2024, 2025 and 2026 seasons. But, as per your norm, you will take yet another chance to bash ND.
You act like we don't have multiple decades now of track record data evidence and results

This is a fu..... garbage post.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86 and NDinNJ
How do you know that ND is not doing this already?
He doesn't. He's clueless. The only thing Chase knows about ND is what he reads on forums and watches on TV on Saturdays in the fall.

You act like we don't have multiple decades now of track record data evidence and results

That's idiotic. Multiple decades back produced multiple ND national championships. And multiple decades back have nothing to do with what ND is spending now. You have the logic of a fifth grader.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86 and NDinNJ
247 talent rankings and recruiting rankings aren't good enough.
247 talent rankings would suggest Texas A&M would compete for a title with their 2019-2022 recruiting classes. It also would suggest Michigan wouldn’t come close. I guess a single variable analysis does doesn’t equate to success on the field…. Who would’ve thought….

247 talent rankings would suggest Texas A&M would compete for a title with their 2019-2022 recruiting classes. It also would suggest Michigan wouldn’t come close. I guess a single variable analysis does doesn’t equate to success on the field…. Who would’ve thought….
Having great talent levels the playing field so that you aren't completely outclassed against the sports best programs. And if you look at NDs track record vs the top 5 over the last 25 years, it's about as embarrassing as it gets. But it isn't just about being able to sign great talent, you also have to be able to harbor and develop that talent into greatness with great leadership and a great scheme that maximizes it.

Under Brian Kelly and even Marcus Freeman, ND has the 2nd part figured out quite well. ND has been really good at developing 3 & 4 star guys into a consistently solid tier 2 & 3 team over the last 15 years. But it's the lack of elite prospects that have been the anchor on the back of the program preventing it from achieving its ultimate goals. And you have to be a complete moron at this point to not be able to make that connection.

Last edited:
Also, to add to my last post, it isn't a matter of just getting 1 or 2 more 5-star players on the roster either. ND needs to recruit A LOT better to close the talent gap. We need a good 5+ more top 100 guys per class (and some of those guys HAVE TO BE the best prospects at their position). and we are so far away from this level of recruiting right now that it's not even funny.

The football season is over before it even gets started at Notre Dame with how bad NDs talent is relative to their peers. And there's no good excuse for it when ND is a revenue leader in the sport.

Also, to add to my last post, it isn't a matter of just getting 1 or 2 more 5-star players on the roster either. ND needs to recruit A LOT better to close the talent gap. We need a good 5+ more top 100 guys per class (and some of those guys HAVE TO BE the best prospects at their position). and we are so far away from this level of recruiting right now that it's not even funny.

The football season is over before it even gets started at Notre Dame with how bad NDs talent is relative to their peers. And there's no good excuse for it when ND is a revenue leader in the sport.
No we don't. And no we're not

Reactions: NDinNJ
Good. Don't watch. You are not an ND fan. In all your time on this board, I have never seen you post a single positive thing about ND.

Good. Don't watch. You are not an ND fan. In all your time on this board, I have never seen you post a single positive thing about ND.
Go back to my post history when Marcus Freeman was recruiting his first class (year 1) and was a leader for three 5 star prospects before that class fell utterly apart down the stretch. Rumor was that ND gave Marcus Freeman very little NIL support and was left with his pants down.

ND hasn't touched that level of prospect since. They are disgustingly cheap when it comes to investing in the product which is why they are playing 2nd and 3rd fiddle to the teams at the top of the college football hierarchy during the entirety of the 21st century.

Go back to my post history when Marcus Freeman was recruiting his first class (year 1) and was a leader for three 5 star prospects before that class fell utterly apart down the stretch. Rumor was that ND gave Marcus Freeman very little NIL support and was left with his pants down.

ND hasn't touched that level of prospect since. They are disgustingly cheap when it comes to investing in the product which is why they are playing 2nd and 3rd fiddle to the teams at the top of the college football hierarchy during the entirety of the 21st century.
I don't need to go back to your post history. I read your crap every day. You never, ever miss a chance to bash ND. You are beyond tiresome.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT