ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits asking for $5,000 to make a visit

oh noes the players with zero money and zero power who make schools billions of dollars collectively are pushing back on the exploitation and want a piece of the pie ... what must we ever do ?

oh noes the players with zero money and zero power who make schools billions of dollars collectively are pushing back on the exploitation and want a piece of the pie ... what must we ever do ?
Aren’t the trips paid for? Have you ever asked for money up front to do an interview for a job? Doubtful Walmart is involved in that practice… lunatic

The fact that you would support this item is so telling…no wonder you slobber over Deion

There are plenty of jobs available. How about some personal accountability?

Reactions: NDinNJ
Read an article about Ohio St AD Gene Smith saying that recruits are now asking for $5,000 just to make visit. NIL has ruined college football.
It's in the HS ranks also. Top player from Cardinal Hayes HS in the South Bronx left for another BX school. Allegedly 6 figure payoff. Under Armour allegedly giving a high powered Catholic school in Westchester county cash to funnel to top recruits. CYO might be the purest amateur sports these days.

It's in the HS ranks also. Top player from Cardinal Hayes HS in the South Bronx left for another BX school. Allegedly 6 figure payoff. Under Armour allegedly giving a high powered Catholic school in Westchester county cash to funnel to top recruits. CYO might be the purest amateur sports these days.
Certain private schools in so. California paying, in some form, elite HS players is not uncommon.

There are plenty of jobs available. How about some personal accountability?
WTF does that mean? Accountability to what? These guys have market value to leverage, and so they are exploiting it. Or trying to.

Besides, if there's anything that men like you presumably define yourselves by, it's that. Making money for yourself in the free market economy. Or you're a sucker or a chump if you don't. You're almost like, irresponsible if you don't maximize your opportunity. It's the American way, quintessentially so. And that's all they're doing. They're just out there hustlin'.....

You. just haven't got used to the fact that it's over. And the jig is up. The racket is kaput.

WTF does that mean? Accountability to what? These guys have market value to leverage, and so they are exploiting it. Or trying to.

Besides, if there's anything that men like you presumably define yourselves by, it's that. Making money for yourself in the free market economy. Or you're a sucker or a chump if you don't. You're almost like, irresponsible if you don't maximize your opportunity. It's the American way, quintessentially so. And that's all they're doing. They're just out there hustlin'.....

You. just haven't got used to the fact that it's over. And the jig is up. The racket is kaput.
Damn, and I thought you left the forum. How's the LSU forum, they treating you ok over there?

Reactions: BGI User 756
Damn, and I thought you left the forum. How's the LSU forum, they treating you ok over there?
I got banned for, well I better not say it or I'll get banned again. That's why I left. I did watch both the LSU and ND, sort of simultaneously. LSU pulled it out. ND didn't....

4-4-3, savvy, and chaseball.
You're the reason I got banned. And you haven't changed a whit in my absence. So I guess I'll block you, so I won't be exposed to your snarky remarks, and once again say something I'll regret. Even though that's why you so predictably make such snarky remarks.

So long sucka.....

You must have gotten banned for being stupid. You think ND is going to give a kid 5k for a visit. I would tell them to pound sand!

Reactions: deadirishpoet

Glad to see you’re back.

NBC pulled a huge amount of viewers....most watched game in 30 years for them....

They should NIL themselves to 10k for each 5 star visit, 7500 for a 4 and 5k for a 3. ;)

Ian Jackson (basketball)? Or was there a football player that transferred?

I cover the NYCHSFL and I was not aware of a major prospect making a move!

As long as Belin is running the show at QB; they are going to be competitive!

I am assuming the high powered school you are referring to is Iona Prep! Those guys are doing it in every sport!

Half their wrestling team lived in CT!

I saw this $5000 thing on one of the Alabama boards a week or so ago. Saban mentioned something like that - he mentioned $3000 to $5000 - after one of his weekly press conferences

I am assuming the high powered school you are referring to is Iona Prep! Those guys are doing it in every sport!

Why would someone from CT go to NY? That state isn't a power 5 HS Wrestling state, and CT has Xavier, Danbury, Fairfield, New Milford to name a few

Maybe it will backfire on them. It's not like there's unlimited funds for these players. There is a budget, and if you alienate yourself sufficiently with these sorts of side hustles, the overall interest might go down as certain programs don't want to mess with it, and at the end of the day he ends up getting less than he might of if he hadn't been quite so aggressive. Every program wants to pay as little as possible, and so the regular laws of supply and demand would presumably determine the price. So you might risk diminishing the overall demand trying to cash in on this nickel and dime stuff....

Why would someone from CT go to NY? That state isn't a power 5 HS Wrestling state, and CT has Xavier, Danbury, Fairfield, New Milford to name a few
They trained at a NY club....So when their club coach got an Assistant job at IP; they elected to follow him!

They trained at a NY club....So when their club coach got an Assistant job at IP; they elected to follow him!
Thanks for clearing that up.
Can you live in one state and go to school in another in that area or is it a scholarship thing?
I love wrestling and I follow it very closely
I can still remember the sting when the Irish dropped wrestling due to title 9

GM. Basketball.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Can you live in one state and go to school in another in that area or is it a scholarship thing?
I love wrestling and I follow it very closely
I can still remember the sting when the Irish dropped wrestling due to title 9
DIP, eastern part of Conn. , you can be Westchester real quick. Iona Prep , Stepinac, & Fordham Prep all get kids from Connecticut, Jersey & few Durchess county. Iona Prep is fancy school that became a jock school in last 10-15 years. Mariano Rivera’s & all The Marra families sent their boys there. Unfortunately NIL & big companies like UA / Nike have really changed HS sports up here.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
DIP, eastern part of Conn. , you can be Westchester real quick. Iona Prep , Stepinac, & Fordham Prep all get kids from Connecticut, Jersey & few Durchess county. Iona Prep is fancy school that became a jock school in last 10-15 years. Mariano Rivera’s & all The Marra families sent their boys there. Unfortunately NIL & big companies like UA / Nike have really changed HS sports up here.
I my father coached me and, my brothers in baseball,football,wrestling,hockey.
My time then through high-school I was small weight wise and wrestling was what I became very good in, and we move to North Jersey in my teens where wrestling was hugh....I mean extreme and though I was very good in Alaska in Jersey I was only in the mix and made me step up in meets. I worked the off season to pay for wrestling camps and that paid off big time placining second Jr season and winning my Sr season earning a scholarship to Lehigh U. but the USMC was always my dream and join straight out of high school to my mothers disappointment.
I didn't mean and wasn't insinuating NY was bad at all just curious
You are correct however about today's events

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT