ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Tid-Bits

SALittleGiant513

I've posted how many times?
Nov 24, 2012
Top 100 DE Xavier Kelly had already eliminated ND from his top 8 but I know some were holding out hope that ND would get back into it. He is announcing Friday and I believe he is going to be all Bama...

Cage's brother is a top 100 DL prospect in the 2017 class who committed to Ohio St. after their junior day earlier in the week.

Alloway is on his way to campus though and while he may pop I don't think it happens that soon.

Oh and Holyfield is announcing a top 5 tomorrow so we can see if his dad is going to have that much of a say in his recruitment. The 5 announced tomorrow will be the 5 getting officials.

And on a positive note, Caleb Kelly is coming in for 3 days on his own dime. Plus Lugg (2017) was there today. Plus Damar Hamlin, Paris Ford and Hamlin's teammate David Adams are coming in for a visit with Hamlins' dad. Vaughn and his dad liked their visit a lot.

Cage's brother was just rated a 3* by Rivals....I assume if he committed to ND there would be another round of meltdowns

But since he committed to Ohio State (without even having an ND offer) I assume we just got "out recruited" by Meyer again and another meltdown will still ensue

First and foremost, ND never offered Cage. Secondly, this site may be the worst of all at ratings (kid is more likely a low 4*). Thirdly, the kid said he did not want to follow his brother, but blaze his own trail. Lastly, ND has done fairly well versus Urban for kids they both offered, as well as legacy kids ( including kids whose brothers were still at OSU).

Those that want to bitch and moan will do so. Those that want to pose as ND fans will continue to do so. This site has become like the wild west. It is lawless.

Reactions: Classic Irish
Top 100 DE Xavier Kelly had already eliminated ND from his top 8 but I know some were holding out hope that ND would get back into it. He is announcing Friday and I believe he is going to be all Bama...

Cage's brother is a top 100 DL prospect in the 2017 class who committed to Ohio St. after their junior day earlier in the week.

Alloway is on his way to campus though and while he may pop I don't think it happens that soon.

Oh and Holyfield is announcing a top 5 tomorrow so we can see if his dad is going to have that much of a say in his recruitment. The 5 announced tomorrow will be the 5 getting officials.

Nice job Sal. Props. Appreciate the news
Now where do you send a fellow Italian for a good pizza? I am always looking all over this country for the best pizza. And some recruiting news. So you got one out of two. Wanna bat 1000?

New Haven CT. Three of the top 20 in the US. Pepe's, Sally's and Modern. And there are a few others equally as good, such as BAR.

Cage's brother was just rated a 3* by Rivals....I assume if he committed to ND there would be another round of meltdowns

But since he committed to Ohio State (without even having an ND offer) I assume we just got "out recruited" by Meyer again and another meltdown will still ensue
When was the last national title for ND?

When was the last national title for Ohio State?

You're delusional and worse than the negative Nancy's.

Totally unrelated information end23. The fact is ND has done well in recruiting against Ohio St. in recent years. See Nelson and Eichenberg for example. The fact is many on this board do have a big problem with ND recruiting 3 star players, and Cage is a three star on more than one service.

There is some reason ND did not offer. The kid did not come to the Invasion (not sure if he was invited or not), and his brother is already at ND (either ND did not see a fit, or possibly academic related) yet there was not much positive mutual consideration.
I would like to hear the back story sometime. ND certainly needs DL in 16 and 17. Maybe the fact is that he did not want to follow his brother. Maybe he just liked OSU more and made ND aware of it.

just read where alloway has been blown away by the campus and that he could be a silent commit to our irish right now but wants to wait until august to have an official anouncement

Alloway is in.

Eichenberg is a 3 star on a couple services but no one is complaining about him b/c he is a top 100 player on 247. The thing with Cage is I do not believe he wanted to come play at ND after big brother was here already. Don't get it twisted though he would have been a big addition to the ND 2017 class.

Rear End 23 is back.

That in some way effects Cage as a player or the fact that people would have freaked out about us taking a low 3* commit this early?? (Especially on the DL)

But now it's somehow a major loss because the exact same "low 3*" player went to Ohio Stage...

I actually really like Cage as player, and wish he was coming to ND. The point is to look past these wallet star rankings to other things that matter!!

Totally unrelated information end23. The fact is ND has done well in recruiting against Ohio St. in recent years. See Nelson and Eichenberg for example. The fact is many on this board do have a big problem with ND recruiting 3 star players, and Cage is a three star on more than one service.

Not really. Urban Meyer knows what he is doing. We are in year six with Kelly and there isn't a whole lot of confidence in him bringing ND back to a steady truly quality team. My point is that OSU is fine and will always be fine. Smart ND fans don't know if ND will ever be "back." That's why our fan base goes nuts about recruiting. Buckeye fans are in cruise control. Lucky them.

Well in that case, we should all be creaming our trousers over Elijah Taylor, 3* DT out of Ohio Urban wanted. His name hasn't been spoken here in months.

Reactions: Classic Irish
Not really. Urban Meyer knows what he is doing. We are in year six with Kelly and there isn't a whole lot of confidence in him bringing ND back to a steady truly quality team. My point is that OSU is fine and will always be fine. Smart ND fans don't know if ND will ever be "back." That's why our fan base goes nuts about recruiting. Buckeye fans are in cruise control. Lucky them.

You don't know much at all of you don't think buckeye fans are nuts about recruiting

Are you saying that when it comes to recruiting, ND should throw all of their values and the values of the Catholic church out the window? Hypocrite!!

You know what I find amusing? I would bet you have done a few things in your life that may make one pause. At the end of the day, Evander seems to be a part of his son;s life.
I had a discussion with my priest about 18 years ago, when I wanted to get married a 2nd time. In order to do so in the church, I needed to get my 1st marraige annulled. I asked the priest if that would make my first child a "bastard", since the church would no longer recognize my 1st marriage. He was actually at a loss for words.
I feel that if a man is a prt of raising his child, and does so with honor, who are you to judge.

Reactions: john0gaunt
Yes Jiff the sins of the dad should preclude the son from going to ND. Aside from how asinine and unholy that is if ND didn't recruit kids with skeletons in their closets or with family they had questionable background they may as well go D3.

I totally disagree that Xavier Kelly is "going to be all Bama." Tea leaves indicate he's deciding between Clemson and UGA with Clemson the probable destination. Bama is not even in the mix.

I totally disagree with OP that Xavier Kelly is "going to be all Bama." Tea leaves indicate he's deciding between Clemson and UGA with Clemson the probable destination. Bama is not even in the mix.

Two days ago alot of articles said Bama was his leader. He announces he will commit Friday and all the predictions for Bama start getting switched to Clemson. Yesterday articles are popping that he is getting pressure in state and will likely stay closer to home. 247 went from having a crystal ball lead for Bama to an overwhelming favorite for Clemson. Just didn't have it in me to edit a post from 2 days ago when it doesn't change the fact it's not ND.

Yes Jiff the sins of the dad should preclude the son from going to ND. Aside from how asinine and unholy that is if ND didn't recruit kids with skeletons in their closets or with family they had questionable background they may as well go D3.

Go find the current article on Jerome Bettis. Had a difficult past. Turned his life around to be a very productive member of society. As well as a fine representative of ND.

You know what I find amusing? I would bet you have done a few things in your life that may make one pause. At the end of the day, Evander seems to be a part of his son;s life.
I had a discussion with my priest about 18 years ago, when I wanted to get married a 2nd time. In order to do so in the church, I needed to get my 1st marraige annulled. I asked the priest if that would make my first child a "bastard", since the church would no longer recognize my 1st marriage. He was actually at a loss for words.
I feel that if a man is a prt of raising his child, and does so with honor, who are you to judge.

I am really not that interested in your failures as a husband. Just say 10 Hail Mary's and hopefully your won't go to hell.

Last edited:
I am really not that interested in your failures as a husband. Just say 10 Hail Mary's and hopefully your won't go to hell.
Sorry. I did not fail. And I raised my son from that marriage to finish his undergrad and doctorate in PT in 5 years, 2nd in his class with a 3.972. Plus, I have 3 more honors stutents from my 2nd marriage.
I have done quite well with my llife. Thanks. Oh, and I attend church every Sunday, where they preach not to judge others.

1. Thats is in reference to Holyfield not cage.

2. On Rivals he is a 3 star. 247 has eich and cage as both 4 stars. Not sure what is hard to understand that cage profiles much like eich, if he had committed people would be pumped. No one here is pissed that ND took Eich because of his rivals ranking.

1. Thats is in reference to Holyfield not cage.

2. On Rivals he is a 3 star. 247 has eich and cage as both 4 stars. Not sure what is hard to understand that cage profiles much like eich, if he had committed people would be pumped. No one here is pissed that ND took Eich because of his rivals ranking.

That people are unwilling to look at things like this for other recruits, and are STUPIDLY moaing bout the 3*'s in this class

For instance Claypool is a 4* on 247 too....but that doesn't seem to matter

For some reason those on this board whine about landing "3* prospects" and then they also whine when we let Ohio State sign a similar "3* Prospect"

The lack of logic and consistency is mind blowing

No one is complaining about Eich or Claypool. Independent of that I haven't really complained about any of the commits so if that criticism is directed at me I am not sure why.

ADVERTISEMENT