ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting interest level.

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
I started following recruiting closely in 2005--Charlies first year.
My favorite recruiting year was when we landed Lynch, Tuitt, Williams.
I had to watch all the recruit videos and follow every Notre Dame message board.
This year I suddenly lost interest. I am burned out on recruiting.
I just can't wait until this season starts so I can watch the TEAM.
All of the great recruits I have watched the past few years are all upperclassman now
and I believe this team is LOADED TO THE MAX !!
It will be a great year !

*** I didn't even watch the spring game this year. It has been a long time since I missed that.

College football is a great game and Notre Dame is the greatest college football team of all time.

I am just going to enjoy the games because I know Notre Dame is going to win them all this year.

Jaylon Smith is going to be a difference maker this year just like Lawrence Taylor !

Reactions: joeipg2012
I started following recruiting closely in 2005--Charlies first year.
My favorite recruiting year was when we landed Lynch, Tuitt, Williams.
I had to watch all the recruit videos and follow every Notre Dame message board.
This year I suddenly lost interest. I am burned out on recruiting.
I just can't wait until this season starts so I can watch the TEAM.
All of the great recruits I have watched the past few years are all upperclassman now
and I believe this team is LOADED TO THE MAX !!
It will be a great year !

*** I didn't even watch the spring game this year. It has been a long time since I missed that.

College football is a great game and Notre Dame is the greatest college football team of all time.

I am just going to enjoy the games because I know Notre Dame is going to win them all this year.

Jaylon Smith is going to be a difference maker this year just like Lawrence Taylor !
Did you get your cheerleader outfit out of storage yet? How about your pom poms?

Malik Zaire is a beast. He made more plays than Golson in the spring game I just watched. That bomb to Fuller was a thing of beauty.
Corey Holmes looked good with 3 catches. Tori Hunter looked good. So did Corey Robinson.
Greg Bryant ran better than last year. CJ Prosise looked good.
Amir Carlisle laid out Nyles Morgan with a huge hit !
Andrew Trumbetti made a great move on Alex Bars to get a sack. Johnny Williams got to the qb twice
Nick Weisher made a nice td catch from VanGorder.
Durham Smith is huge !!
Cole Luke and Shumate and Redfield looked good !
Pete Mokwura hit Golson in the face for a roughing the passer ! See ya Golson !
Jerry Tillery was talked up like he is a coming superstar !
The Oline is huge !! Cage is said to get in a lot of fights during practice ! Not a choir boy !!
Nice catch and run by Ronnie Stanley. What an athlete !!
Malik Zaire looks every bit of 220 pounds !! A beast !! Glad he got the job ! Golson got a few passes knocked down.
Here come the Irish !!
Notre Dame 44 Texas 17 !!

Did you get your cheerleader outfit out of storage yet? How about your pom poms?

I did.

If not this year, then when? This is the most talent and depth of talent ND has fielded since the early 90's. I'm not comparing Brian to Lou. But saying that this team is every bit as potent as the 93 team was. And I would argue in a couple of spots it is better. The question will be how and what the coaches do with it. In 93 ND had a boss level level of coaches, and a great schedule to go with it.

Their opponents were weaker I think over all but it was just as tough of a schedule. Just better positioned. They played #2 Michigan at Michigan, #1 FSU, #12 BC, and bowl was against #6 TAMU.

LINK TO ND RECORD IN 93 and opponent stats.

They had 3 players go in the first round (Bryant Young, Aaron Taylor, Jeff Burris), 1 in the second, 3 in the 3rd, and 3 total in rounds 5,6, and 7.

I think ND could rival that with what they have on the roster.

In my gut I feel they are a 10 win team. But most of the country wrote off ND in 93 when Rick was out and Kevin took over. So if ND stops the BC field goal in whatever game that is this year. Hard telling where they could end up.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Bodi:

I love your fighting spirit! I'm hoping for a great season also; but realistically, we have a number of areas of concern. Zaire, while promising, has had only 1 start; let's hope he does well, but frankly, he's unproven, and we have nobody behind him who has any experience.

Our OL is really promising, but our RBs, while, good, are not dominating backs IMO; and one of them (Bryant) will miss the first 4 games.

Our TEs are unproven; our lead guy (Durham Smythe) has 1 catch in his career.

Our receivers, while good, IMO there are no dominant guys out there (like a Michael Floyd type for example), as far as I can see anyway.

Our DL, while promising, is unproven; if Day and/or Jones get hurt, we're in big trouble IMO.

Our LBs are good, but other than Jalen Smith, no one else is a game changer IMO.

Our DBs have promise, CBs esp. with Luke and Russell, but our safeties are unproven IMO, though they do have promise.

Our Special Teams have been atrocious in the Kelly era, and we have a new punter who did NOT look good in the Spring Game, and we have a new kicker, Justin Yoon, who has promise, but he's never kicked under the bright lights with 80,000 people in the stands.

So-oo, I'd suggest we wait for 2-3 games before getting overly enthusiastic about our team. Even Coach Kelly has said, "A coach never knows what he has for sure until he's seen his team play 2-3 games."

ADVERTISEMENT