ADVERTISEMENT

Reality Check on EG transfer

Why wouldn't ND fans be more interested a out players interested in playing at ND?

They should be!

I spend too much time readings posts and comments apparently because I was noticing a lot more of the wailing and gnashing of teeth about how BK can't keep QBs happy.

Imagine how long EG would have stuck around playing for Woody Hayes!

It's pretty hard to make an analysis of the transfer when fans are completely out of the loop on the reasons. As a fan, I am quite angry at EG and do not give him a pass like so many others. I raised the point before that EG stole prep time from the back up QB this past Spring. I firmly believe he had this played out in his mind since LSU. And now, once the season starts, this board will get weekly reports of his numbers and then a two page discussion will follow. If things go south for MZ, there is no one to call up from the bullpen with any experience. This offense will live or die with MZ in 2015.

It's pretty hard to make an analysis of the transfer when fans are completely out of the loop on the reasons. As a fan, I am quite angry at EG and do not give him a pass like so many others. I raised the point before that EG stole prep time from the back up QB this past Spring. I firmly believe he had this played out in his mind since LSU. And now, once the season starts, this board will get weekly reports of his numbers and then a two page discussion will follow. If things go south for MZ, there is no one to call up from the bullpen with any experience. This offense will live or die with MZ in 2015.
This is the risk with redshirts - ND is fully aware of this going into the deal - also coaches change teams or get fired all the time and the players get no choice in the matter. I can't help and wonder if he really didn't qualify for graduate school at ND - I don't think the school would ever say anything - he hasn't really been a standout student.

It's time to move on. I personally wish EG well wherever he may wind up and will always think of him as a great contributor to Notre Dame. I remind you that he will accomplish the #1 goal of all, who attend college, by graduating and I understand him moving on. Whether it is because he sees a lack of playing time or could not get into an ND Grad School really does not diminish my high opinion of him and will always remember that he fought hard to return after his suspension.

Last edited:
Reactions: IRISH_FRIAR
The important point is he will receive his degree from the University of Notre Dame this weekend. That accomplishment can never be taken away from him. Thanks Everett for helping ND and giving us so many wonderful memories. Safe journeys young man.

Absolutely.

Reactions: JElkins
It's time to move on. I personally wish EG well wherever he may wind up and will always think of him as a great contributor to Notre Dame. I remind you that he will accomplish the #1 goal of all, who attend college, by graduating and I understand him moving on. Whether it is because he sees a lack of playing time or could not get into an ND Grad School really does not diminish my high opinion of him and will always remember that he fought hard to return after his suspension.
Yep, and bowden and the fsu students who cheated are scumbags.... You aren't the brighter
I'm glad someone made these points! Interesting that among ND fans the articles about future QBs generated more interest than EG's transfer did.

Early on in the process Bruce Feldman reported that
"REPORT: Irish Won't Release Golson To Texas, Select Big 10 Teams"
The reality is that Notre Dame was blocking Golson from schools on our future schedule as a matter of ongoing policy started by weis and continued by kelly. I believe there are 4 sports where this may be done in accordance with NCAA rules. (basketball, hockey, baseball, football)
http://notredame.247sports.com/Bolt...-Golson-To-Texas-Select-Big-10-Teams-37211627

Then you had longtime ND shill/mouthpiece/Keith Arnold writing bad things about Golson and basically calling him out as a chicken.

"Simply put, Golson looked into the future and didn’t like what he saw.

While dodging competition certainly doesn’t seem like the best way to make it to the NFL, the decision has been made and the Irish are moving forward with Zaire."

http://irish.nbcsports.com/2015/05/08/five-things-weve-learned-analyzing-everett-golsons-departure/

It's hard to believe Arnold would step out on his own with those remarks.

Lastly, swarbrick entered the fray with some incomplete disclosure of his own.

"Swarbrick denies blocking Golson’s transfer options as rumors swirl"
"Per Feldman’s report, Notre Dame has blocked Texas and select Big Ten programs from Golson’s choices.

That was met with some furor on social media, though athletic director Jack Swarbrick was quick to go on the record and say that wasn’t true."

“It’s just not true,” Swarbrick told the Orlando Sentinel ACC spring meetings. “The way this process works is a student identifies schools they would like to consider and we have not denied a single school that Everett Golson identified as one he has an interest in going to.”

Swarbrick was playing loose and held back vital information. He should have stated, "As a matter of policy ND does not allow graduated students to transfer to teams we will be competing against." or something like that...

Obviously, that policy is an absolute "block" to where Golson could go. Interestingly, had Golson been adamant about attending a school on our schedule he could appeal ND's ruling with the NCAA and make the case for it. Things like a specialty Grad program not offered at ND might be considered a viable excuse among other things....

At the end of the day there was a lot of "fog", some misguided remarks and plenty of confusion. imo had the powers that be at ND (kelly/swarbrick) been upfront on their stance and what EG's options were and why the whole thing could have been avoided....

Instead ND shill Arnold floated crap that maligned Golson and no one from ND's staff stood up for him.

PS On another note when kelly's foot was out the door interviewing for the NFL, despite lying about his lack of interest in the league days before, he can return with his sheepish bs, "like every kid with dreams blah blah blah...."

Golson will forever be a Notre Dame man. I'm pissed he's gone because we invested a lot of time and effort in him and we need him this year, but I wish him well.

So you trust the reporter who is trying to get the scoop over everyone else?!?

I believe that Golson probably didn't ask because he knew the answer would be no, but that doesn't make Feldman correct.

No one knows for sure but Golson and the ND staff.

Reactions: Ara64

I believe that Golson probably didn't ask because he knew the answer would be no, but that doesn't make Feldman correct.

Huh? "So you trust the reporter who is trying to get the scoop over everyone else?!?"

How did you come up with that?

I spelled out chapter and verse what happened.

The fact is that ND has a policy of not releasing students to other schools we are competing against as is our right within NCAA rules.

That policy may be challenged by the student athlete with a request for an NCAA hearing.

So, yes as a matter of policy ND blocks students from transferring to certain schools...

Huh? "So you trust the reporter who is trying to get the scoop over everyone else?!?"

I spelled out chapter and verse what happened.

So a few quotes from stories that didn't interview anyone at ND (a journalistic standard is typically to get both sides of the story -- sadly gone) and a bunch of CGVR opinions qualify as "Chapter and Verse"? Thanks for the good laugh! :D

Reactions: JElkins
cgvr, you pollute this board. Are you trying to say Bowden and Fsu fans are not scumbags? Why does that belong here!

CGVR,

I don't believe anyone has the real story on why Golson left--it has been conjecture and social media rumors. I wish him the best -- truly.

But don't tell us how pro-ND reporters are "shills" and then sanctify Feldman without something other than your opinion.

Reactions: Bodizephax
So a few quotes from stories that didn't interview anyone at ND (a journalistic standard is typically to get both sides of the story -- sadly gone) and a bunch of CGVR opinions qualify as "Chapter and Verse"? Thanks for the good laugh! :D
Yep, there were no quotes from Swarbrick in the article noted. Point out one thing I wrote that was inaccurate.

CGVR,

I don't believe anyone has the real story on why Golson left--it has been conjecture and social media rumors. I wish him the best -- truly.

But don't tell us how pro-ND reporters are "shills" and then sanctify Feldman without something other than your opinion.
Where did I sanctify Feldman? I sourced his article as adding to the confusion of the situation. Where did I endorse what he wrote?
PS Arnold is an undisputed ND shill. His words on the matter were embarrassing. Lastly, I am quite certain Golson's decision was made as a result of multiple yet to be disclosed factors.

Last edited:
cgvr is not to be believed.

I suspect ND did not allow EG into graduate school, but that does not diminish his success or contributions to Notre Dame.

cgvr is not to be believed.

I suspect ND did not allow EG into graduate school, but that does not diminish his success or contributions to Notre Dame.

What did I write that is not to be believed? Let's see if you can answer that simple question.
Quite frankly, all I did was provide a source and history surrounding Golson's transfer confusion.
Make sure your other handles join in. Dispute something I wrote.

cgvr, you pollute this board. Are you trying to say Bowden and Fsu fans are not scumbags? Why does that belong here!
Stop with the hypocrisy. The irony of your multi-headed posting is sickening. Nothing (including being banned at other sites for multiple usernames in the same thread) seems to slow you down. You just flat out don't care how you come across. It's your ego trip.

And you telling anyone they pollute this board is laughable. The only true polluting scumbag here is you and all your multiple usernames agreeing with each other and supporting the pathological lies you tell.

If you ever read a thread where you or one of your aliases posted you'd realize this by the overwhelming negative responses to any and every dishonest or obsessive thing you post. You can't be this dense. Problem is you're too busy giving the board's intelligent fans here the finger to realize this. Your obsession with everything FSU is only exceeded by your envy. Your denial is pathological.

It would really be appreciated by all if you would stop embarrassing this fine institution.

I stand corrected .... you are that dense. Never mind.

Reactions: NoleThruAndThru
Poor No1e. It's tough when you look so stupid. It should be fun to watch Golson lead FSU after you and the scumbags trashed him all last year. You and cgvr do deserve each other.

Sad Sacs for sure!

Stop with the hypocrisy. The irony of your multi-headed posting is sickening. Nothing (including being banned at other sites for multiple usernames in the same thread) seems to slow you down. You just flat out don't care how you come across. It's your ego trip.

And you telling anyone they pollute this board is laughable. The only true polluting scumbag here is you and all your multiple usernames agreeing with each other and supporting the pathological lies you tell.

If you ever read a thread where you or one of your aliases posted you'd realize this by the overwhelming negative responses to any and every dishonest or obsessive thing you post. You can't be this dense. Problem is you're too busy giving the board's intelligent fans here the finger to realize this. Your obsession with everything FSU is only exceeded by your envy. Your denial is pathological.

It would really be appreciated by all if you would stop embarrassing this fine institution.

I stand corrected .... you are that dense.
Poor No1e. It's tough when you look so stupid. It should be fun to watch Golson lead FSU after you and the scumbags trashed him all last year. You and cgvr do deserve each other.

Sad Sacs for sure!

I will take this as you cannot refute a word in my post.

You can take my post as further evidence that you are an obnoxious fraud . Then again, you have to live in your skin and that must be nasty.

You can take my post as further evidence that you are an obnoxious fraud . Then again, you have to live in your skin and that must be nasty.
Non-responsive..... Perhaps one of your other identities can chime in. I doubt it though as you are intellectually challenged among other things. Your post is actually evidence of lying cowardice.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
Right! You are No1e, right?

You're the one belittling Notre Dame man and fellow alum Everett Golson by saying that he couldn't get into ND grad school. "I suspect ND did not allow EG into graduate school,..."

Well done! Let's see, first you praise him for accomplishments and then dump on him with that gem.
Duplicity at its' best... No worries though, that's a common trait of a "spineless" individual.

Your remark is almost as dumb as Arnold's idiotic blithering, "While dodging competition certainly doesn’t seem like the best way to make it to the NFL...."

As I said, you are obviously not a Notre Dame fan.

You hate everything about the school, its' fans and what it represents....

Last edited:
How was anyone belittling EG by saying he couldn't get into. Grad school at Notre Dame. That is simply ridiculous, the fact that he is getting a business degree at the nations #1 school of business proves him to be a person with academic ability, but ND grad school is a stretch for most people. Find another way to attack people who show you up.

cgvr appears to be the fraud and ND hater here, not the many good fans he attacks. Why not
tell us again what bad people Coach Holtz and Kelly are? What a waste of space.

Feldman is the guy who reported that the (then) frozen four had all been expelled from school.

Feldman is the guy who reported that the (then) frozen four had all been expelled from school.

I referenced Feldman's article as an example of where some of the confusion came from.....

The thread is here. Point it out. You really are deranged.

Sad Sacs for sure!
And the lies continue. I have never trashed Golson. As usual you just made that up.

And for the record ... I have never trashed ANY ND player (or coach).

You just can't help yourself. It doesn't matter which username you are posting under. It has to be the meds.

You and your 22+ scumbag usernames deserve each other. It must be crowded in that basement.

Freedom of speech in the United States is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and by many state constitutions and state and federal laws.

my preference has been towards the student that had no need to 'rehabilitate' themselves.
He got his diploma: good for him.
As a fan, for me, he will not be remembered as a high character dedicated "team" player; unless that standard has also been revised.

My memory of him will be the smirk and turning away from his HC; and the USC debacle.

Reactions: Ara64
I referenced Feldman's article as an example of where some of the confusion came from.....
I just pointed that out to show that sometimes Feldman is more interested in "breaking" stories than he is in the accuracy of those stories. Oddly, today's sports media does not "punish" those who do that, they just go on like nothing happened.

Reactions: perseverare
I just pointed that out to show that sometimes Feldman is more interested in "breaking" stories than he is in the accuracy of those stories. Oddly, today's sports media does not "punish" those who do that, they just go on like nothing happened.

I agree. Thank you. Also, Feldman's and Swarbrick's characterization of what/how/why things transpired the way they did was incomplete. A simple, "In accordance with NCAA rules, as a matter of ongoing policy, ND does not allow graduate football transfers to schools on our schedule. All the players are fully aware of this policy and as such Everett Golson never submitted a request to transfer to any school on our schedule. So, yes our policy does technically block an athlete from schools on our schedule." or something like that.

Feldman's article lent itself to the confusion and I believe some took it as implying that Golson did want to go to Texas. "Feldman reported the soon-to-be Notre Dame graduate won't be granted a release to Texas and select Big 10 schools." This is inaccurate and should have read. "Feldman reported the soon-to-be Notre Dame graduate won't be granted a release to any schools on the schedule."

Last edited:
Every Nole I talk to was in awe of Golson. I'm not sure how he played the rest of the year but he was unreal against us. One thing I've always noticed about Notre Dame, when we went to games there I was always treated great and came away with a great feeling about their organization. When ND travels to other places and them being such a national school, there fans away from South Bend (and there's a lot of them) are totally different.

Non-responsive..... Perhaps one of your other identities can chime in. I doubt it though as you are intellectually challenged among other things. Your post is actually evidence of lying cowardice.
Argus is at it again.

Reactions: cgvr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT