ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking the top 25 QB's in college for this year

IrishBlooded

All Star
Oct 2, 2009
Was talked about on SportsBeat last night. Thought it was an interesting list. Mentions plenty of ND tangents. Thought you guys might want to see it:

CLICK HERE

Irishblooded:

Thanks very much; very interesting article. I was surprised to see Golson rated so lowly (25th), and surprised also that Zaire made the top 25 list at all (at no. 24).

Irishblooded:

Thanks very much; very interesting article. I was surprised to see Golson rated so lowly (25th), and surprised also that Zaire made the top 25 list at all (at no. 24).

Couple of things stuck out to me.

1. They ranked Zaire exactly 1 spot ahead of Golson
2. The number of QB's ND will face off this list. They are:

#19 Kevin Hogan - Stanford
#16 Kennan Reyonlds - Navy
#11 Justin Thomas - GTech
#2 Cody Kessler - USC
#1 Deshaun Watson - Clemson

That is 2 triple option QB, 2 PRO style offense, 1 spread offense.

Couple of things stuck out to me.

1. They ranked Zaire exactly 1 spot ahead of Golson
2. The number of QB's ND will face off this list. They are:

#19 Kevin Hogan - Stanford
#16 Kennan Reyonlds - Navy
#11 Justin Thomas - GTech
#2 Cody Kessler - USC
#1 Deshaun Watson - Clemson

That is 2 triple option QB, 2 PRO style offense, 1 spread offense.

Deshaun Watson-Clemson, is the real deal. Incredibly illusive, really really quick feet and a great passer. ND will have a very tough time trying to box him in. He has some top rated targets to pass to as well.

Cody Kessler-USC will be playing on Sundays after this year. And the talent at USC is some of the best in the country. If they can get by Oregon they are the favorite to win the Pac 12.

Justin Thomas-GTECH, runs the triple option like a fine tuned watch. And in the right situations he is a pretty good passer as well. Their game is high speed, no huddle. Simply put.........the best rushing team in America.

Don't know anything about Stanford and Navy.........so good luck. Some Irish luck will be needed to run the gauntlet this year.

ADVERTISEMENT