ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Notre Dame game thread

How about that PERFECT PASS to Lenzy in the End zone !

Coan is a BETTER passer that TB

The OL needs to provide better protection for him so that he DOESN’T HAVE TO RUN !

I thought Coan played so-so. He held onto the ball too long a couple of times, but his WR’s didn’t help him much today (minus Davis).

It was kind of a rough day for the offense all around. We struggled to move the ball consistently, which isn't a hopeful sign. And just kind of looked lousy executing.

Nothing special about Purdue of course, but nevertheless the defense delivered. And we won by two TDs, so bring on Wisconsin.

An ugly win is still a win. The true test comes next against Wisconsin. Go Irish.
If Florida can beat Georgia after looking impressive today they should make the playoff.

Last edited:
I thought Coan played so-so. He held onto the ball too long a couple of times, but his WR’s didn’t help him much today (minus Davis).
On what plays did he hold the ball too long ?
Please use the quarter and game clock to identify the plays.

On those plays were his receivers covered ?

On what plays did he hold the ball too long ?
Please use the quarter and game clock to identify the plays.

On those plays were his receivers covered ?

No, I’m not doing research. Come on bud. There was definitely a couple times that you yourself had to have seen it. I’m not saying he played terribly at all, but let’s not pretend it was his best performance

No, I’m not doing research. Come on bud. There was definitely a couple times that you yourself had to have seen it. I’m not saying he played terribly at all, but let’s not pretend it was his best performance
I wonder if his finger had any impact this week.

I wonder if his finger had any impact this week.

I thought he threw the ball extremely well. It was more of timing and holding onto the ball a little too long in a couple instances. The pass to Lenzy was a beautiful throw.

I thought he threw the ball extremely well. It was more of timing and holding onto the ball a little too long in a couple instances. The pass to Lenzy was a beautiful throw.
He had several throws to Austin that were off. Looking at his deep throws to Lenzy and Davis, I wonder if Austin had something else going on today and those misses were on him.

He had several throws to Austin that were off. Looking at his deep throws to Lenzy and Davis, I wonder if Austin had something else going on today and those misses were on him.

Yeah, I mean it wasn’t his best game, but it wasn’t a terrible one either. There were definitely issues (drops) that he had no control over.

Didn’t say it was his best performance but you have to remember that a QB’s performance is largely dependent upon the OLine’s performance.

he threw a perfect pass to Lenzy

If Coan is given time he’ll pick a defense apart.

unfortunately, adequate time is also dependent upon a good running game.

it ALL starts with the OLine !

Didn’t say it was his best performance but you have to remember that a QB’s performance is largely dependent upon the OLine’s performance.

They were not perfect passes but our WRs cannot require perfection every time.

I don’t disagree at all

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT