ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the Depth Chart for Temple

TheDecker

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Apr 8, 2014
, = Ordered on the Depth Chart (True Starter, True Back-Up...in terms of PT)
/ = Tied on the Depth Chart (Minimal Variation or Situational Rotation...in terms of PT)
Bold = Returning Starter

QB - Wimbush , Book
RB - Adams / Williams , Jones
WRx - Stepherson , Claypool , Canteen
WRw - St. Brown , Boykin , McKinley
WRz - Sanders , Finke / Cateen
TE - Smythe / Jones , Weishar / Luatua , Wright
LT - McGlinchey , Eichenberg
LG - Nelson, Byrne
C - Mustipher / Hoge
RG - Kraemer , Ruhland
RT - Bars , Bivin

SDE - Trumbetti , Kareem , J. Hayes
DT - Tillery , Bonner , Taylor
NT - Cage , Mokwuah , Ewell
WDE - D. Hayes , Okwara , Wardlow
Buck - Bilal / Coney / Martini
MLB - Morgan , Barajas , Jonathan Jones
Rover - Tranquill , Jamir Jones , Nick Perry
BCB - Vaughn / Watkins , Coleman
FCB - Love / Crawford / Pride
NB - Love / Crawford
FS - Elliott , Fertitta / White / Robertson
SS - Studstill , Morgan / Genmark-Heath

I think the offense has the chance to be LEGIT, if Wimbush can come in and play at a high level, especially in facilitating the run game and creating a down-field passing game, plus utilizing the TE/RB/Slot in the short/medium ranges

The defense has potential, especially if things break out way for once. As a plus, the LB and CB positions look like the could shape up nicely, if the players that are "ready" to take the next step actually do so (Morgan, Tranquill, Bilal and any 2 of Love/Vaughn/Crawford/Watkins/Pride.

But the DL and S positions are pretty scary. With luck we could be solid on the 1st string...but that's just a terrible position to be "hoping for". We're going to need LOTS of new contributors to step up at those positions, plus we're going to need luck to stay healthy (and when was the last time that happened)

Here's hoping that some simpler schemes and focus on fundamentals can revive some players on defense and accelerate others!

Reactions: Bodizephax
I will take a stab at it. DEPTH CHART FOR TEMPLE:

Temple Owls Depth Chart
  • 10-4 (Overall)
  • 7-1 (Conf.)
  • Standing: 1st tie (East)

, = Ordered on the Depth Chart (True Starter, True Back-Up...in terms of PT)
/ = Tied on the Depth Chart (Minimal Variation or Situational Rotation...in terms of PT)
Bold = Returning Starter

QB - Wimbush , Book
RB - Adams / Williams , Jones
WRx - Stepherson , Claypool , Canteen
WRw - St. Brown , Boykin , McKinley
WRz - Sanders , Finke / Cateen
TE - Smythe / Jones , Weishar / Luatua , Wright
LT - McGlinchey , Eichenberg
LG - Nelson, Byrne
C - Mustipher / Hoge
RG - Kraemer , Ruhland
RT - Bars , Bivin

SDE - Trumbetti , Kareem , J. Hayes
DT - Tillery , Bonner , Taylor
NT - Cage , Mokwuah , Ewell
WDE - D. Hayes , Okwara , Wardlow
Buck - Bilal / Coney / Martini
MLB - Morgan , Barajas , Jonathan Jones
Rover - Tranquill , Jamir Jones , Nick Perry
BCB - Vaughn / Watkins , Coleman
FCB - Love / Crawford / Pride
NB - Love / Crawford
FS - Elliott , Fertitta / White / Robertson
SS - Studstill , Morgan / Genmark-Heath

I think the offense has the chance to be LEGIT, if Wimbush can come in and play at a high level, especially in facilitating the run game and creating a down-field passing game, plus utilizing the TE/RB/Slot in the short/medium ranges

The defense has potential, especially if things break out way for once. As a plus, the LB and CB positions look like the could shape up nicely, if the players that are "ready" to take the next step actually do so (Morgan, Tranquill, Bilal and any 2 of Love/Vaughn/Crawford/Watkins/Pride.

But the DL and S positions are pretty scary. With luck we could be solid on the 1st string...but that's just a terrible position to be "hoping for". We're going to need LOTS of new contributors to step up at those positions, plus we're going to need luck to stay healthy (and when was the last time that happened)

Here's hoping that some simpler schemes and focus on fundamentals can revive some players on defense and accelerate others!

Decker, you and I aren't too far off. For me the biggest question is a linebacker and how they're used. I could a couple different combinations. Morgan is a lock to start at Mike, but Buck could be Coney, Martini or Bilal. Asmar could also team up with Tranquill at Rover, or even win the job outright if the staff likes Drue at SS... Outside of that, I see the depth chart looking something like this.

QB: Brandon Wimbush
2. Ian Book

RB: Josh Adams
2.Dexter Williams or Tony Jones

WR(W): EQ St. Brown
2. Miles Boykin other Chase Claypool

WR(X): Kevin Stephenson
2. Javon McKinley or Freddy Canteen

WR (Z): CJ Sanders
2. Chris Finke

TE (A): Durham Smythe
2. Tyler Luatua or Brock Wright

TE (UA): Ali'ze Jones
2. Nic Weishar

LT: Mike McGlinchey
2. Liam Eichenberg

LG: Quentin Nelson
2. Tristen Hoge

C: Sam Mustipher
2. Tristan Hoge

RG: Tommy Kraemer
2. Tristen Hoge

RT: Alex Bars
2. Hunter Bivin

SDE: Andrew Trumbetti or Khalid Kareem
2. Jay Hayes

DT: Jerry Tillery
2. Jonathan Bonner or Elijah Taylor

NG: Daniel Cage
2. Darnell Ewell

Drop: Daelin Hayes
2. Julian Okwara

Buck: Te'Von Coney
2. Greer Martini or Asmar Bilal

Mike: Nyles Morgan
2. Greer Martini

Rover: Drue Tranquill
2. Asmar Bilal or Spencer Perry

BC: Dante Vaughn
2. Nick Watkins

FS: Devin Studstill
2. Isaiah Robertson

SS: Jalen Elliott
2. Nicco Fertita

FC: Shaun Crawford***
2. Julian Love

I will take a stab at it. DEPTH CHART FOR TEMPLE:

Temple Owls Depth Chart
  • 10-4 (Overall)
  • 7-1 (Conf.)
  • Standing: 1st tie (East)

I think we can comfortably rule out a bunch of graduated seniors and NFL draft picks from playing for Temple next year.

In other news, Hasaan Reddick is an absolute boss. Would not be upset at all if he ended up with the Packers.

I saw a "mock draft" where we got him at the end f the 2nd round.....that would be a steal of comical portions

Decker, you and I aren't too far off. For me the biggest question is a linebacker and how they're used. I could a couple different combinations. Morgan is a lock to start at Mike, but Buck could be Coney, Martini or Bilal. Asmar could also team up with Tranquill at Rover, or even win the job outright if the staff likes Drue at SS... Outside of that, I see the depth chart looking something like this.

QB: Brandon Wimbush
2. Ian Book

RB: Josh Adams
2.Dexter Williams or Tony Jones

WR(W): EQ St. Brown
2. Miles Boykin other Chase Claypool

WR(X): Kevin Stephenson
2. Javon McKinley or Freddy Canteen

WR (Z): CJ Sanders
2. Chris Finke

TE (A): Durham Smythe
2. Tyler Luatua or Brock Wright

TE (UA): Ali'ze Jones
2. Nic Weishar

LT: Mike McGlinchey
2. Liam Eichenberg

LG: Quentin Nelson
2. Tristen Hoge

C: Sam Mustipher
2. Tristan Hoge

RG: Tommy Kraemer
2. Tristen Hoge

RT: Alex Bars
2. Hunter Bivin

SDE: Andrew Trumbetti or Khalid Kareem
2. Jay Hayes

DT: Jerry Tillery
2. Jonathan Bonner or Elijah Taylor

NG: Daniel Cage
2. Darnell Ewell

Drop: Daelin Hayes
2. Julian Okwara

Buck: Te'Von Coney
2. Greer Martini or Asmar Bilal

Mike: Nyles Morgan
2. Greer Martini

Rover: Drue Tranquill
2. Asmar Bilal or Spencer Perry

BC: Dante Vaughn
2. Nick Watkins

FS: Devin Studstill
2. Isaiah Robertson

SS: Jalen Elliott
2. Nicco Fertita

FC: Shaun Crawford***
2. Julian Love

I like your layout.

And we're on the same page at LB.

It's hard to know what they're going to be used for, but I love the idea of a 3 extremely athletic and agressive players (specifically Morgan, Bilal, and Tranquill) together, even if they are a little undersized.

Against a power-run team, you may need to mix that up, but that kind of versatile base set is what you want to counter the large variety of scheme and personnel groupings that you see on CFB offenses today.

That starting 11-12 (NB) would have really good potential imo, but it would be full of major unproven ?'s at this point........and the depth at some positions would be downright scary
(Especially at Safety and DT)

I think we can comfortably rule out a bunch of graduated seniors and NFL draft picks from playing for Temple next year.

In other news, Hasaan Reddick is an absolute boss. Would not be upset at all if he ended up with the Packers.

I saw a "mock draft" where we got him at the end f the 2nd round.....that would be a steal of comical portions

Sorry to disappoint you Mr Decker....he won't get past the Steelers in RD1

Sorry to disappoint you Mr Decker....he won't get past the Steelers in RD1

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes earlier than that. He's going to have a great combine and pro-day and scouts are going to fall in love with him if they watch him more.

My GF's family all went to Temple, so I've been watching more of their games. Dude is seriously a Jaylon-esque LB. Stud.

Mine was closer ! Many of the Temple players I listed are still on the team ! I highly doubt all of the Notre Dame players you listed will transfer to Temple in time for the season ! :D:D:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT