ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Week (. No excuses)

NCDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Sep 23, 2005
It is Sam’s time to shine even though Pitt gives ND fits every time they play. Utah hung 480 yards on USC last night with a walk on QB. ND could only manage 255 yard’s although the turnovers predicated an advantage for ND.
The majority of us have eluded to in past trying to run the ball right up the middle is absolutely fruitless, instead Sam who is a six year guy should have ability to audible out of every play taking advantage of zero coverage with slants under no circumstances is a slow developing read option apply in this years offense especially on third and one. Every time Tyree gets the ball good things happen. ND has a five wide out set that will offset 8-9 in the box. The double screen pass seems to be trending up. Hard to believe Faison only had one division one offer from Iowa being That kid is going to be a star. There is no reason why this offense should put up less than 30 points a game.
Pitt’s signal caller only has two games under his belt; therefore light him up frequently consider how well ND’s corners have been playing lately and he is not Dan Marino. Pitt seems to be down this year, but this is their New Year’s Day bowl game.
Irish 40 Pitt 14

So what I said was pretty accurate. 42 points, not 40
There's always outliers in any situation.

And frankly, the way Notre Dame's offense has looked the last 4 weeks, I would not predict Notre Dame blowing out Pitt.

Just win the game.

Reactions: Kelso86
Pitt is a bad team. If ND can get its offense on track, you should win by 35.
Tell that to Louisville.

I watched Washington struggle mightily with 1-7 Arizona State, I watched Texas struggle with average Houston, I watched Oklahoma struggle with Central Florida, and North Carolina lost at home to abysmal Virginia.

Tough business.

Last edited:
I think that ND is a 17.5 point favorite with Vegas predicting the score at about 31-14.

But, never underestimate your opponent.

Louisville should have been a good lesson learned.

You said it was only 3 last week. A little bit off there huh
Actually, I stated 3.5, relying on another poster who cited that number.

But I decided to be a kinder and gentler poster and as such I didn’t challenge him.

I f I had to bet $500.00 of my own money, I would take Pitt plus 17.5.

Tell that to Louisville.

I watched Washington struggle mightily with 1-7 Arizona State, I watched Texas struggle with average Houston, I watched Oklahoma struggle with Central Florida, and North Carolina lost at home to abysmal Virginia.

Tough business.
Yes. But everyone has struggled with ASU. Best 1-7 team in the country. Especially considering the injuries they've had. That being said. Pitt is very good on D. So I do not expect it to be anything but a challenge.

Reactions: tbonesays
Tobias has been moved to 2nd string for Pitt per article on this website. Would not be surprised to see him enter portal, but would be very disappointed.

The horrible officiating in the Wake Forest game cost Pitt the game, hence they may be fired up on Saturday

This game would be the first step in the eyeball test for a good bowl game and Sam’s quest to be drafted. Need to open it up and go for broke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT