ADVERTISEMENT

pers

bizzybecknd

Posts Like A Champion
Oct 24, 2005
For pers and the people bitching on every thread about 'the lackluster recruiting', the 'message not resonating'. Stop. Get a grip. Quit commenting on every single Damn thread about your worries on recruiting, we get it and it's drivel.. Been that way for years. You are an old man with better things to do.. The only approach is to be optimistic.. It's football, it's the university you love and these are 19 years olds. You are not a pioneer of these negative ideas nor are you rocking the cradle with your 3.65 average star ranking to be competitive shit. We get it, we've read it... Every day for 8 years. Quit beating the horse on every thread. Please, I don't give a damn if Bruce heggie lines up behind center, I can't log on to read the star level at ND is disappointing and the 3.5 will get ND to 8-4 again, I read that same Assisine garbage every day. Put it to rest

for the mindless: it is a forum for discussion - you have nothing to add? Put a sock in it.

for others reading the witless dribble by the OP:

based upon posters comments and dicussion topics, this board like many of the other forums, does in fact post with great interest about recruiting. It is probably the single most dicussed area of topic.

Recruiting is the lifeblood of a college football program. Teams are either improving or stagnated or getting worse. A footballs program's success or failure is closely related to it's recruiting effectiveness. Enlightened fans do get it.

My approach? I look at what the succesful teams do and the level of recruiting that they are at. I use the recent years and the cummulative rankings of the classes. So far as I have found that is a close reflection of who will compete for championships.

It seems that the OP does not need information to formulate an opinion; lack of information and knowledge is where it's at for him/her. Thinking is not the OP's strong suit.

BTW: my comments regarding the current commitment list are not criticisms of the commits but my comments are focused on who IS NOT on the list: DE's and DT's.

Just prior to the OP's rant I posted that the class was very strong on offense and at the DB positions AND that if just 2 Key DL commits were added it would be a very fine class. BUT the OP has reading comprehension issues (might account for the lack of knowledge).

maybe the OP can change their ID to 8-4Bizzy; representing the goals for the team that meets his/her measure of success. Biz Keeps trying to get fans to lower their expectations so fans will appreciate mediocrity - but it ain't resonating!

Last edited:
Pers has been more balanced in his opinions of late, and he is right in questioning our DL recruiting to date. I don't happen to assign the same level of importance to the star rating system as Pers, but there's no denying that there is less risk of downside and higher chance of upside with high four and five star rated players.

to this day no poster on this board can cite a time I made an unprovoked personal attack.

what is worse in this case is that the posters in question have not even read my post; or at least have someone explain the post to them.

Unless you can show me Brian and his assistant coaches are not giving a 100%to the recruiting process I don't blame them for the lack of DL commits. "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink it"

Reactions: end_23
ND is a difficult place to recruit to. Maybe pers thinks it's still 1960 or '70.

Very little student population, bad weather, no conference, and most kids grow up liking their in-state school. Kids want to play for FSU, USC, and Bama. They are the "in" programs.

ND does fine in recruiting each year. In-game coaching decisions are why ND is consistently 8-4 and not 10-2. Chill out. ND isn't what it used to be.

I enjoy this board. I enjoy, although I don't always agree with, Pers' postings when they are on a football topic. I enjoy the star rankings because they undoubtedly are a good indicator of the direction of a program. Star rankings aren't the end all be all, but I think everyone knows that. I agree that ND needs quality DL in this class. At the end of the day we are ALL ND fans and want to team to do well.

for the mindless: it is a forum for discussion - you have nothing to add? Put a sock in it.
Talk about "nothing to add"???

Either way, I don't think the OP meant to say there is absolutely no room on this board for
recruiting discussion. What I believe was meant, was that EVERY SINGLE POST AND/OR THREAD
doesn't need interjection or hijacking regarding the lackluster recruiting classes.

A thread about the beautiful campus, or about Bryant's suspension, or even an off-topic thread about
your favorite sandwich always seem to veer off into a discussion about our recruiting short-comings.
This is the OP's complaint.

We can't recruit. We can't compete. We'll be lucky to win six games. We get it. Move on.

OL recruiting has been elite . Qb recruiting - excellent - Wimbush is as good talent wise as we've had in a real long time. WR - as good as anyone in CFB over past 3 years
TE - probably best in country over past 3 years with the No. 1 in 17' headed our way with another good one likely to join him for 2 more TE studs in 2017.
RB - good to very good.
Our cup runneth over on Offense.
On D - linebacker recruiting has been excellent to elite. Two 5 stars Smith and Morgan with Barajas being essentially a 5 star per Coach D . Last yrs. LB class is as good as anyone in nation and at worst top 5. That's pretty damn good. DL Trumbetti and Blankenship look to be potential stars with Hayes and Cage are going to be solid players at worst . Bonner could be a wildcard and surprise with a big upside . Tillery is likely to be elite or darn close . He's a DL recruit by the way...We've solved the numbers gap at DL and hv #s. We need a few more top notch DE recruits but DL recruiting doesn't qualify as poor by any reasonable viewpont. Just not elite or excellent. . Watkins / Crawford / White and the other DB from Ohio are all excellent gets on the backend. Safety was a miss last yr but overall D recruiting has been pretty good . ND has the size / talent and athleticism to match up with anyone SEC power s incl. .we proved that against LSU and FSU last year. Couldn't say that just a few short years ago. ND has come a long way and that's a direct result of very good recruiting results regardless of what the stars say....

Reactions: Bodizephax
Dublin -

I am a huge fan and support the team and coaches --but please hold of on the elite label for the OL until they open holes in the red zone vs Clemson and USC . Then they are elite .

Reactions: captstabbin
My point is O line recruiting has been at elite level. The rest of it is down to player development / scheme and game management. Coaching.... the recruiting has been very good but the coaching in my opinion needs marked improvement . Play calling / in game coaching decisions and game preparation have been the biggest chunk in the armor. BK has recruited well and the depth is quite good and the talent is now there to compete with anyone . Now the coaching has to match the recruiting and if it does recruiting will even move up a notch. This is a critical year for program. Performance on field with W s needs to be there to continue trend or there will be regression back to the mean of last 20 years. Most glaring ex. Is special teams play which has been consistently woeful under Kelley. To become a 10 win program that needs to be improved in a major way. And much of that can be layer at the doorstep of the HC. Now we have the athletes / speed and depth. No more excuses available for ST play. It's 25% to 33% of the game no matter how you cut it. It can't be an afterthought or conceded to the opponnent.

Reactions: Bodizephax
ADVERTISEMENT