ADVERTISEMENT

Pedictions on how Golson will pan out at FSU...........

Duo

ND Expert
Jul 23, 2006
OK it's all speculation but give it your best shot. Will he even earn the starting role? Completion %, TD's passing, TD's rushing, TO's, Judgment and decision making on the field, Football IQ, agility and moves...........you name it...........let's hear it.

You can be sure he is already the starter and he will be an upgrade on anything they have and never embarrass the school like the last jackass.

I suppose they still have Jumbo to embarrass the school and he is very good at it.

Reactions: sluggo69
You can be sure he is already the starter and he will be an upgrade on anything they have and never embarrass the school like the last jackass.

I suppose they still have Jumbo to embarrass the school and he is very good at it.
you know nothing. jimbo is a good decent man. I 've met him several times and know people well who hold him in high regard. judging him by the Winston incidents shows how very little you know about collegiate athletics.

Reactions: JonScott
OK it's all speculation but give it your best shot. Will he even earn the starting role? Completion %, TD's passing, TD's rushing, TO's, Judgment and decision making on the field, Football IQ, agility and moves...........you name it...........let's hear it.

If he stays healthy he will be in the hunt for the Heisman.

If they throw it a lot, he'll make a lot of mistakes and FSU will lose a few times. They lost a massive number of players from last year.

He'll get a ton of yards, but if he turns it over a few times they'll be calling for Maguire to replace him by midseason. He'll be typical big play/big mistake Everett.

Reactions: TurnoverMachine
If he stays healthy he will be in the hunt for the Heisman.

Well now.........that is a very bold and interesting prediction. OK..........and in making that kind of prediction your assumptions would be:

1. He has learned from his experiences and will not be throwing as many INT's.

2. He has gotten over the "fumble-itis" and now knows how to protect the ball.

3. His completion % will improve dramatically (Heisman prerequisite).

4. He will throw and run for near record numbers of TD's.

5. He will master Jimbo Fisher's system in a few months and execute it to near perfection.

6. And in doing all of this The Seminoles will win their division, win the ACC Championship and be one of the contenders in the final 4. That is about all a Heisman contender would need to do and not necessarily win the Heisman or the National Championship.

Please feel free to make any corrections or additions and let us know if you agree with these underlying assumptions to your bold prediction.

Well now.........that is a very bold and interesting prediction. OK..........and in making that kind of prediction your assumptions would be:

1. He has learned from his experiences and will not be throwing as many INT's.

2. He has gotten over the "fumble-itis" and now knows how to protect the ball.

3. His completion % will improve dramatically (Heisman prerequisite).

4. He will throw and run for near record numbers of TD's.

5. He will master Jimbo Fisher's system in a few months and execute it to near perfection.

6. And in doing all of this The Seminoles will win their division, win the ACC Championship and be one of the contenders in the final 4. That is about all a Heisman contender would need to do and not necessarily win the Heisman or the National Championship.

Please feel free to make any corrections or additions and let us know if you agree with these underlying assumptions to your bold prediction.

I think Fisher will build an O around him better than kelly did. I also think that Golson's Heisman run last year wasn't a fluke. Wasn't he in it up until week 8? I can't remember when he fell out. There's a site that had week to week rankings of players and I can't find it. USA had him as # 1 in week 6..... Golson will be better/more consistent this year. If he stays healthy he'll make a run. I think he's that talented.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-gurley-dak-prescott-marcus-mariota/16835945/
PS Kessler is going to have a monster year also...

Last edited:

Quote from Argus/Holy Smoke, DubsDreader, Big Fella Fan, Irish Fan26, Epiciticus, etc., etc..:

"-My knowledge of Notre Dame is minimal? I and my family have been hopnored at half time, has yours?"

Much depends on the offensive line play. If hurried, he will make more than his share of turnovers. If given a lot of time, he will have a very good season.

I'm still ticked off that be bailed on us. Doesn't show a lot of leadership in my mind. If he's good enough to make the NFL, he's good enough to start for ND.

But I think a change in scenery will do him good, especially if Fisher lets him loose. I think Brian Kelly is poison to quarterbacks and will predict that Zaire is developing ulcers by midseason.

Golsons stats for 2015 ---- 51 td passes 5600 yards passing 7 TD rushes---34 ints (10 run back for tds) 17 fumbles (5 run back for TDS) leading Florida State to a 8 and 5 record including a bowl win in the Detroit motor city bowl over Central Michigan 51 to 10.

EG didn't exactly show a lot of leadership with his pouting on the sidelines and walking away from Kelly after very mistake, ... And his play at USC looked like total surrender. Kelly will do just fine with his stable of QBs, and they'll do just fine with Kelly. I wanted EG as a complimentary piece with a great arm and great experience, and we will miss him. But I think the players are happy to have MZ as their leader on the field. Last I will read or comment about EG. I only care about ND players.

If (big IF) Golson can learn the playbook in limited time and get past the pouting (because Jimbo will get in your face) he will be fine.

I predicted FSU would go 10-2 in 2015 with its current starting QB. I predict FSU will go 10-2 with Golson at QB IF he becomes the starter.

The OL will be the key. Four new starters will need to gell quickly or Golson's legs will have to bail him out more often. Great running back in Cook (with quality backups) so he needs to stay healthy and a bevy of 4-5* receivers primed for big time will help him.

Golson is not guaranteed to start,,, but he will.... FSU will have a tough time beating Clemson and GT, but if they do. It could be interesting. Much easier schedule than ND and some great skill players to throw and hand off to. Good decision for EG if only because of the attention he has gotten. All the Best,,, God Bless,,,, ch

6_3615020.png

Reactions: mga pirate
You have to wonder if he also gets free shopping spree's at Publix, get out of jail cards and an administration that will overlook any and all indiscretions?

Golson is now going to see why kids go to FSU, no rules and fun times. Of course he will be one of the few at FSU who actually has a degree, not that he'll ever see a classroom at FSU.

Isn't the irony of No1e sucking up to Golson after trashing everything about him for four years fun? What a hypocrite!
You continue to be the biggest liar in Rival's history.

I have NEVER said a negative thing about Golson or any other ND player. Not one time. In fact, I did nothing but sing Golson's praises predicting he would be the starter before he ever started.

Now if you are talking about the QB stats I quoted of Golson's undefeated season in rebuttals to the nonsense you were spewing all over the message boards claiming Golson was a top five QB and a shoe in for New York then yes ..... The facts didn't lie.

You calling anyone a hypocrite is the height of hypocrisy.

Reactions: echowaker
Watching a three headed wacko self destruct over Golson choosing FSU to finish his career is karma.

You have to love it.

Reactions: echowaker
You have to wonder if he also gets free shopping spree's at Publix, get out of jail cards and an administration that will overlook any and all indiscretions?

Golson is now going to see why kids go to FSU, no rules and fun times. Of course he will be one of the few at FSU who actually has a degree, not that he'll ever see a classroom at FSU.

Quote from Argus/Holy Smoke, DubsDreader, Big Fella Fan, Irish Fan26, Epiciticus, etc., etc..:

"-My knowledge of Notre Dame is minimal? I and my family have been hopnored at half time, has yours?"

Isn't the irony of No1e sucking up to Golson after trashing everything about him for four years fun? What a hypocrite!
I must have missed all those examples of No1e trashing Golson. Can you share a few with us?

This is called "projecting". No1e hasn't done this, you have....

I welcome him with open arms, but this decision is going to get a lot of innocent folks murdered, unfortunately.

I predict he wont get accused of rape.
I could accuse him of rape today and proceed to make up five different accounts (none of which I can support with factual evidence) of how I know he did it. That doesn't mean he is guilty of it, does it?

interesting how echo slobbers all over Jumbo and hates CW.
slobber over ? how so ? I've met him and people I respect who know him well hold him in high regard. that said the people I know who have interacted with weis have nothing positive to say about him. I've never met him and I'm thankful for that.

According to the people at Kansas CW would fall asleep in team meetings and drool.

big_sbn_logo_dark.vd93497c.png

• Charlie Weis allegedly falling asleep during Kansas team meetings

Reactions: Bodizephax
JMHO.

If Jimbo or whoever the OC is realizes that Golson is too short to stay in the pocket on every pass and rolls him out then he will do fine.

Think back to his best passes and season, when he was allowed out of the pocket he did really good at completions. This pass season if I had $5 for every ball knocked down at the LOS then I would have a lot of $5 bills.

Don't get me wrong. I like Golson and wished he stayed but he is not going to be a pocket NFL QB. Not sure why BK tried to mold him into one.

I just hope that MZ is not pigeon holed this year.

Here's an interesting chart on ND's QBs historical performance. You can click on the top any column and it will rank that stat. Golson's #'s stack up real well.....
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/notre-dame/passing.html

You are foolish if you don't think Golson was promised the starting job. He would never go to FSU otherwise. God knows he didn't go for grad school unless he is thing of the Graduate School of Carnival!

Reactions: sluggo69
You are foolish if you don't think Golson was promised the starting job. He would never go to FSU otherwise. God knows he didn't go for grad school unless he is thing of the Graduate School of Carnival!

God knows you didn't get beyond 3rd grade.

"God knows he didn't go for grad school unless he is thing of the Graduate School of Carnival!"

You are an idiot if you think for one second Fisher offered Golson anything other than an equal and fair opportunity to compete for the job. Guaranteeing players (no matter how good) a starting job has never been the way Fisher operates and he knows with all the 4 star QB's coming in and another 5 star committed for next year he would be cutting his own throat and encouraging the others to transfer or flip if he considered that.

He chose FSU because he knows historically that if you are a QB and have any interest in playing at the next level Fisher is the coach that gives you the best chance of accomplishing that goal.

Not sure what your last sentence said. Pretty unintelligible but that's to be expected.

great stuff. what a year mcdougal had in 93.
Until Clausen's amazing junior year, I thought 1993 was the best year of QB play we have had since Montana. The really best thing of all about McDougal was that he was at his best in the biggest games.

You are an idiot if you think for one second Fisher offered Golson anything other than an equal and fair opportunity to compete for the job. Guaranteeing players (no matter how good) a starting job has never been the way Fisher operates and he knows with all the 4 star QB's coming in and another 5 star committed for next year he would be cutting his own throat and encouraging the others to transfer or flip if he considered that.

He chose FSU because he knows historically that if you are a QB and have any interest in playing at the next level Fisher is the coach that gives you the best chance of accomplishing that goal.

Not sure what your last sentence said. Pretty unintelligible but that's to be expected.
I don't believe for one second that Fisher "promised" Golson the starting job. And I don't think 99% of the FBS coaches would have made that promise either. You are just asking for trouble doing something stupid like that.

Even going to FSU, where idiots abound, Golson is not an idiot and there is no way he would go to compete for a starting job when he was already competing for a starting job and at higher profile, higher ranked and better team. Even No1e knows EG was guaranteed the starting job as FSU, but I guess it hurts his feelings so he can't accept facts.

ADVERTISEMENT