ADVERTISEMENT

our irish kick off championship weekend today vs denver in lax

coolirish9

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 7, 2011
our top ranked irish take on Denver in a rematch today on championship weekend for a spot in the title game on Monday. our irish have to win the faceoff battles today as that is what basically helped Denver beat us earlier this year

Denver lookd sharp to open, and then the Irish D came to the fore.

Time for the offense to lose its sluggishness.

Irish offense very lethargic, out of sync.

4-3 Denver at the half.

End of 3rd … them 6, us 4.

Their goalie is making loads of stops, ours not so much.

Will really have to step up in the 4th quarter if they want to keep playing on Monday.

overall our defense has been playing well until giving up a midfield shot at the very end of the 3rd. i'll be shocked if our irish can come back from being down 6-4 to start the 4th because our offense can't do anything against the Denver defense. Denver is just the better team so far today

now down 7-4 in the 4th. never seen this offense play this bad all year but give Denver credit as there just clearly the better team today

now down 7-4 in the 4th. never seen this offense play this bad all year but give Denver credit as there just clearly the better team today

As I said earlier … their goalie is making loads of saves.

He looked horrible at times last week against OSU, but today he's good.

As I said earlier … their goalie is making loads of saves.

He looked horrible at times last week against OSU, but today he's good.
22 secs left drawing up a plAy to tie it and force ot

perkovic just does the unthinkable and scores five times in the last six minutes. wow just wow

perkovic just does the unthinkable and scores five times in the last six minutes. wow just wow

And the final goal wa sby Ossalo. Denver made sure neither Perkovic nor Kavanaugh could get a look, and somnebody else stepped up.

I thought this game was so over but wow what a great comeback by our irish

For the first time in seemingly forever, I will have very little interest in the lacrosse national championship game. I hope Denver wins, but that is only because the Big Ten is Satan's League.

Reactions: TurnoverMachine
:( Aw shucks.

So Denver beat us twice, by identical scores and both in OT this year.

Perkovik was like Michael Jordan today... I haven't seen many performances like that in my lifetime of sports... That was really special to watch!

But damn, I guess we should have called that timeout in OT.

Perkovik was like Michael Jordan today... I haven't seen many performances like that in my lifetime of sports... That was really special to watch!

But damn, I guess we should have called that timeout in OT.

Agreed. Plus, ot should be a full period at this stage then sudden death... I understand the regular season, but the playoffs should change imo.....

I hated to see our irish lose after a huge comeback by them but Denver really was the better team all day though until late in the 4th

Tough loss for ND; ND had a lot of heart for rallying as they did when down 10-6. Big, game-turning, play was in OT when Denver stole the ball from our guy #50 (Cavanagh I think), just when it appeared we might be poised to take the winning shot.

Whatever; have to tip our hats to Denver; they played well, and earned the victory.

people are saying on another board that if matt kananagh wasn't injuried and fully healthy going into this game that this might have been a different game for our irish. everyone has noticed that he hasn't been himself the last few weeks but nobody knows what is wrong with him injury wise

The coach has not developed a player who can be competitive on the faceoff - that is really poor - you can see the Denver player stays low and keeps leverage - he had a whole year to fix that problem.

I'm in total shock that Corrigan choked again. Genius idea by the couple from California to endow the head coaches salary just days before another final four loss. The one team on campus that should win a title and they just can't get it done. Time for a new coach because the talent is there.

The lack of an ND fan base for that game was the biggest embarrassment. The same people who refuse to support anything but ND Football are the people that actually think ND is going 14-0 this fall. Someday, you people will understand the football program will always be average.

people are saying on another board that if matt kananagh wasn't injuried and fully healthy going into this game that this might have been a different game for our irish. everyone has noticed that he hasn't been himself the last few weeks but nobody knows what is wrong with him injury wise

Always excuses for why this program continually chokes.

Kavanagh is having surgery to reattach two muscles that he tore on his pelvic bone. say what you want turnovermachine but when your best player who is an all-American is really hurt and only playing so he can simply just be a decoy then it will affect your chances big time in lax when it comes to winning or losing

ADVERTISEMENT