ADVERTISEMENT

OL Ben Bredeson #1 Rated Player in Midwest Picks UM

This is another Harbaugh moment for sure .... we all know that had Harbaugh not come to UM that they never would've signed another good player again ever .... never mind that the kid says he fell for UM before Harbaugh signed since his numerous previous visits mostly due to older brother on the baseball team

Reactions: Bodizephax
no early PT to be had on the OL at UM either. 1) Brother plays baseball at UM, 2) Harbaugh + Drevno, 3) Ann Arbor. That's what sold him.

This is another Harbaugh moment for sure .... we all know that had Harbaugh not come to UM that they never would've signed another good player again ever .... never mind that the kid says he fell for UM before Harbaugh signed since his numerous previous visits mostly due to older brother on the baseball team

meh, doesn't really matter. Fact is Harbaugh did come to UM and though he has a serious battle on his hands given the obvious strength of OSU and MSU, there is little doubt the recovery is well on its way.

scUM fan pounding his chest about a recruit lol. 3) Ann Arbor hahahaha. Just where I want to be. Oh the excitement.

I think we heard the same thing about a turnaround in 2011. I love that a classless Michigan fan had to come to an ND board to boast about a recruit. #Complex. #Little brother. #Second fiddle.

meh, doesn't really matter. Fact is Harbaugh did come to UM and though he has a serious battle on his hands given the obvious strength of OSU and MSU, there is little doubt the recovery is well on its way.

Charlie Weis could've taken over that team and do better this coming year ... when you look at last year's UM schedule you have to wonder .... how in the hell did they go 5-6 with that cupcake schedule .... A MAC team could've done that ..... it would be virtually impossible to do worse

I fully expect the record to be better this year ..... and all praises to follow

Funny side bit: I watched some of the UM spring game ... thank god Harbaugh was there so that the announcers had something to talk about because the play looked awful ... mainly because QB's were terrible .... ALSO .... heard announcers say Minnesota game will be a tough game this year ..... ????? .... Minnesota? .... Really???

scUM fan pounding his chest about a recruit lol. 3) Ann Arbor hahahaha. Just where I want to be. Oh the excitement.

I think we heard the same thing about a turnaround in 2011. I love that a classless Michigan fan had to come to an ND board to boast about a recruit. #Complex. #Little brother. #Second fiddle.

dude, only here because Bredeson was either going to UM or ND. The topic is on point. In fact, it's why these message boards exist. (Same reason for my post on this board related to Jhonny Williams). How exactly is that "classless"? No chest pounding here. In fact, I readily concede that UM has a lot of work to do. Our 2 chief rivals - defending National Champion (OSU) and a team that has finished in the Top 5 for 2 consecutive years (MSU) - are not only in same conference but same division. Certainly an uphill climb.

But now that you mention 2011, seems to me UM won a BCS Bowl that year. I'm sure there are many storied programs that haven't sniffed a BCS Bowl win more recently than 2011.

Harbaugh will self distruct before BB graduates. UM has gotten early commits begore only to have them decommit after dismal showings during the season.

Perse, don't agree about Harbaugh. He clearly lost management and his message and method became stale with the 49ers. The yearly turnover at college works perfectly for his style, and I expect he will be at UM as long as he wants, and I expect he'll be very successful. Wish we had landed BB, but that was not expected, and he should have a great career there.

^ I just think he will take another shot at the NFL; every Thanksgiving, he sits across from his brother and stares at that ring!

I think he takes another shot.

But now that you mention 2011, seems to me UM won a BCS Bowl that year. I'm sure there are many storied programs that haven't sniffed a BCS Bowl win more recently than 2011.

Okay. Let's talk about that 'BCS' bowl. That Michigan won. By 3 points in overtime over a VTech squad that had lost its conference title game. To a team that it had already lost to earlier in the year as well. Michigan got the nod because Arky wasn't allowed to play in the Sugar. So they needed another decent ranked squad to put in there. That would bring money and fans. Michigan fit the bill. Both were criticized for weak schedules. The Sugar tried to get Stanford, Kansas State, and Boise St. But all 3 already had obligations. So they were left with Michigan and VTech.

So yes, it was a win. No I wouldn't stand there and beat your chest about it.

Perse, I agree he will make another run at the pros and may in fact win a Super Bowl, but leaving UM will be of his choosing, not via an implosion.

Michigan's OL is a dumpster fire. He has a chance to start immediately there, here he would redshirt and probably not start until his third year with the depth we have. Also, have you taken a look at Michigan's class? Might have to start calling Harbaugh the Two Star Bandito.

Ann Arbor is a hell of a lot nicer than South Bend. As for "excitement", there have been more national stories about Michigan football this year than ND. And Bredeson was a major Irish target.

Harbaugh will self distruct before BB graduates. UM has gotten early commits begore only to have them decommit after dismal showings during the season.

soothsayer or wishful thinker? You be the judge. lol. I'll be glad to wager just the same.

our irish have 2017 FL OL Dillan Gibbons coming in who wil be one of the top OL guys in the country for that class and so losing ben won't be a huge loss

Okay. Let's talk about that 'BCS' bowl. That Michigan won. By 3 points in overtime over a VTech squad that had lost its conference title game. To a team that it had already lost to earlier in the year as well. Michigan got the nod because Arky wasn't allowed to play in the Sugar. So they needed another decent ranked squad to put in there. That would bring money and fans. Michigan fit the bill. Both were criticized for weak schedules. The Sugar tried to get Stanford, Kansas State, and Boise St. But all 3 already had obligations. So they were left with Michigan and VTech.

So yes, it was a win. No I wouldn't stand there and beat your chest about it.

At least when we make a major bowl with a shaky resume, we find a way to win. Can't say the same for you guys.

8566202-large.jpg

He was a major target, and still may be. Long time until Febraury.
And BTW, ND is still in on Bourbreaux and Reese. Plus the fact that they have had great signings in 2014 and 2015. Not really concerned here. He would have been nice, but it won't shape the ND offensive line for the next 4 years.

He was a major target, and still may be. Long time until Febraury.
And BTW, ND is still in on Bourbreaux and Reese. Plus the fact that they have had great signings in 2014 and 2015. Not really concerned here. He would have been nice, but it won't shape the ND offensive line for the next 4 years.

The kid is very highly rated, but I wonder how much weight he can add. He is listed at 270 (6'5"). Can he get to Tackle weight (320+) or is he a G? He is not at the weight to play immediately. He needs to add 35+ and he needs time to train at such a weight. You cannot just eat fat burgers to do it! So, I don't think he is a play 'now' guy.
Bama brings in 5* guys who are 340 and they sit a year or two to train into shape.

At least when we make a major bowl with a shaky resume, we find a way to win. Can't say the same for you guys.

8566202-large.jpg

Ahh the good old deflection again. Can't stay on topic so you run away to another one. The old 'your card is worse then my card' routine. I'm not the one that brought up that shaky bowl bid. Your own guy did that.

Ahh the good old deflection again. Can't stay on topic so you run away to another one. The old 'your card is worse then my card' routine. I'm not the one that brought up that shaky bowl bid. Your own guy did that.

Only you are entitled to discuss tangents? Or are you making up the rules as you go?

At least you went over an hour without posting to another Michigan thread.

Only you are entitled to discuss tangents? Or are you making up the rules as you go?

At least you went over an hour without posting to another Michigan thread.

I think you should go and look at more pictures. They calmed you down before.

Seriously my post about Michigan was pretty positive. It was you that came into the thread flame thrower in hand being a d-bag.

I think you should go and look at more pictures. They calmed you down before.

Seriously my post about Michigan was pretty positive. It was you that came into the thread flame thrower in hand being a d-bag.

Wrong again, champ.

I came into this thread correcting "your guy" end23. The guy who brought up 2011.

You wrote "Michigan meeting Stanford in the Holiday Bowl would be awesome". I responded ND meeting Cincy would be awesome as well. Playing the Bearcats in the post season is pretty positive for you, right?

Yeah, and I had already spoken on that. I would have been for Kelly meeting Cincy in his first year at ND. Except that Cincy went 4-8 that season so they didn't go bowling. And if they had, they being in the Big East pulled from the same bowl schedule as ND. So it basically was impossible. Which is why ND played against an ACC team in Miami that year.

The Holiday bowl pits #4 B1G vs #3 Stanford. Do you think Michigan finishes better then 4 this year in the B1G?

But keep making excuses, don't worry statistically speaking sooner or later, one of them has to work.

No, I don't think finishing 4th in the Big Ten (minus any playoff teams) is "awesome". It might happen but it isn't anything worth celebrating. Maybe you feel ND making the ACC's 4th bowl slot is "awesome". To each his own.

So you expect Harbaugh to do better then 4th in his first year, without the roster he has been known to excel with. And didn't even get 1/2 a full recruiting cycle time to fill the holes he has? When he has Ohio State, MSU, PSU, all in division play, and Utah as a Thursday night game at Utah to open the entire NCAA season, let alone their own season, and BYU as the fourth game of the season. Michigan has a tough slate this year. Playing @Utah, Oregon State, UNLV, and BYU. All in their first 4 weeks. Then luckily has Ohio State and MSU at home, but still travels to Minni, and PSU.

At least you aren't setting the bar very high in the first year. I mean seriously Harbaugh is a good coach, but every where he has been it has taken a couple years for him to get his machine rolling. He was 0-2 vs ND until he had his players there and got the system he wanted. He then went 2-2 overall. But hey what do I know, I just wanted to make a flame thread right? It had nothing to do with the fact of seeing Harbaugh and Shaw play one another, when Shaw has said he is successful because of the lessons he learned from Harbaugh. And is considered a target for a NFL level job in the near future.

In Kelly's first year I was happy to see a winning record. And that was with a better roster then Michigan has for Harbaugh's first year, and a complete change in the system of defense, and most of the offense.

ADVERTISEMENT