ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame vs Stanford

Patrirish

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2018
ND is a 26 point favorite !

Traveling to the West coast presents issues and Stanford has proven difficult at times in the past.

Are you taking or giving ?

So True
Stanford hold 50,424 and it will be half empty for this barn burner.
ND 52 - Stanford 6
ND is playing so they’ll get close to a full house there. In any case, this will be any easy win along the lines of 42-7, 41-10, 38-7, 38-10, or something close to that.

ND is playing so they’ll get close to a full house there. In any case, this will be any easy win along the lines of 42-7, 41-10, 38-7, 38-10, or something close to that.
Don't know about that
2019 at Stanford attendance - 37,392
2021 at Stanford attendance - 31,571

Granted there will be more ND fans than Stanford, but that is not very good attendance

I never pay any attention to the betting lines, but that’s a hell of a lot of points to give up. Weather for the game will be perfect…62 and sunny. i would expect Stanford to score around 17 points, the last seven against our reserves. So, does ND score more than 43? I expect us to come out and pound the ball with the running game, and the occasional pass. Not sure we get to 43 without a special team or defense generated score. Regardless, Stanford has been an unpleasant surprise problem for us more than their seasonal records warrant, and I never take this game for granted. I do think Freemen will have the team motivated and focused, and I am Hoping for a dominant performance, but I would not take ND giving up 26 points if I had serious money on the line.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Don't know about that

Granted there will be more ND fans than Stanford, but that is not very good attendance
Just when i was feeling good about this game........lol

Reactions: ohio1980

Traveling to the West coast presents issues and Stanford has proven difficult at times in the past.

Im laying the 26. ND may start slow, but they'll pull away in the 2nd half. Angeli will come in late 3rd, early 4th Qtr.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I have not seen Stanford play this year, but they lost to Sacramento state, well, they played Washington tough as always this will be their bowl game.
How far has that program fallen since Harbaugh left

Reactions: glc
Don't know about that

Was there in 2019, was lucky to have 15K. Light rainfall scared the crowd away, was able to hustle up to 2nd row on the 45 yard line- got asked to sit down. At least the golf course is top notch

I have not seen Stanford play this year, but they lost to Sacramento state, well, they played Washington tough as always this will be their bowl game.
How far has that program fallen since Harbaugh left
I seen the Colorado game and what a shootout

I never pay any attention to the betting lines, but that’s a hell of a lot of points to give up. Weather for the game will be perfect…62 and sunny. i would expect Stanford to score around 17 points, the last seven against our reserves. So, does ND score more than 43? I expect us to come out and pound the ball with the running game, and the occasional pass. Not sure we get to 43 without a special team or defense generated score. Regardless, Stanford has been an unpleasant surprise problem for us more than their seasonal records warrant, and I never take this game for granted. I do think Freemen will have the team motivated and focused, and I am Hoping for a dominant performance, but I would not take ND giving up 26 points if I had serious money on the line.
I spoke to TelX and we are going to give 26. Big outburst. ND 52. Stanford 10

I’m not wagering on the game. I would be nervous about the backdoor cover on some meaningless score.

Reactions: christophero
I'll be at the game with my son. It's been a while since I attended an ND game Actually it was against Stanford around 2003/4.

My son will wear Stanford kit, I'll of course be in my Fighting Irish colors. We plan on hanging out earlier on University Avenue, then walking the campus. He has dreams of attending Stanford...although that might be a bridge too far!

:)

I think ND easily wins, unless Freeman lays an egg, which is improbable.

I’ve had this discussion several times over the years but I dislike Stanford a great deal, for many years I disliked them more than USC.

No idea why, but I’ve always detested them and Purdue.

ND has seemingly had problems with Stanford many years even when ND was a large favorite. Hell, we lost to that dumpster fire last year @ home!!!

I hope we crush them into a fine powder but I have no idea how it goes.

I remember in my youth watching a Stanford v Notre Dame game and Keith Jackson saying "Ladies and Gentlemen you are watching doctors and lawyers playing football"
That has always stuck with me

I'll be at the game with my son. It's been a while since I attended an ND game Actually it was against Stanford around 2003/4.

My son will wear Stanford kit, I'll of course be in my Fighting Irish colors. We plan on hanging out earlier on University Avenue, then walking the campus. He has dreams of attending Stanford...although that might be a bridge too far!

:)

I think ND easily wins, unless Freeman lays an egg, which is improbable.
Is your boy going to Stanford?

Is your boy going to Stanford?

He wants to. He's a HS sophomore. But as I said, odds are against it. The competition is fierce...to the point you really need something distinguishing...not just high academic credentials, which most applicants have.

He wants to. He's a HS sophomore. But as I said, odds are against it. The competition is fierce...to the point you really need something distinguishing...not just high academic credentials, which most applicants have.
I don't know if this is possible but my daughter volunteered her summers from the time she was a freshman to work at the University of Florida and UF Veterinarian Hospital's (which is what she majored in) to help her get accepted, but UF which is a very good school it's not Stanford

I don't know if this is possible but my daughter volunteered her summers from the time she was a freshman to work at the University of Florida and UF Veterinarian Hospital's (which is what she majored in) to help her get accepted, but UF which is a very good school it's not Stanford

He had a job with the city of San Francisco as a summer camp counselor. It involved environmental work and activism. I guess that will help...but he's up against kids from families who've eyed Stanford from birth.

Irony: if he were a great athlete, that would do it. He's average in football and crew. Won't stand out. Likewise, although strong academically, he won't stand out...the odds are unfortunately not good.

It's ok. He will do his best. We navigate life as a family. There are many fine schools, as you and your daughter note. I just want him to do well wherever he goes.

He had a job with the city of San Francisco as a summer camp counselor. It involved environmental work and activism. I guess that will help...but he's up against kids from families who've eyed Stanford from birth.

Irony: if he were a great athlete, that would do it. He's average in football and crew. Won't stand out. Likewise, although strong academically, he won't stand out...the odds are unfortunately not good.

It's ok. He will do his best. We navigate life as a family. There are many fine schools, as you and your daughter note. I just want him to do well wherever he goes.
Sometimes setbacks like that motivates you to great heights

Best of luck to him

Reactions: banmate6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT