ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Notre Dame Hoops Recruiting Scoop

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Time for some hoops nuggets...

*** Tomorrow is an important day in college basketball recruiting as it's the first day coaches can directly reach out to prospects in the 2022 class. For football recruiting, that day is Sept. 1, but it's a few months earlier for hoops recruiting. I can't tell you for sure which prospects they'll be on the horn with, but here are a few names to know... (Note: Notre Dame hasn't offered any 2022 hoops recruits yet.)

Five-star PG Jaden Bradley (FL)
Four-star PG Jameel Brown (PA)
Three-star PF Kyle Filipowski (MA)
Unranked SG Fletcher Loyer (MI)

*** The biggest target for Notre Dame in the 2021 class is still South Bend (Ind.) Riley shooting guard Blake Wesley, a four-star recruit and nation's No. 97 prospect. In football recruiting, we've talked many times about how prospects are picking schools close to home during the pandemic, and that often doesn't work out in Notre Dame's favor. Well, the Irish are the local school for Wesley, and Notre Dame is doing its best to keep him home and pair him with another local product in JR Konieczny. The Irish hope to land Wesley this summer, but they still have more work to do.

*** Look for Notre Dame to take a total of three recruits in the 2021 class, which on paper, would give them 12 scholarship players for the 2021-22 season. The dream scenario for the Irish staff is to sign Konieczny, who is already committed to Notre Dame, and Wesley, plus a center with legit length. The staff loves the two bigs it signed in the 2020 cycle (Matt Zona and Elijah Taylor) but both are in that 6-8 to 6-9 range -- small ball centers but not true, lengthy bigs.

*** I heard from a source in the college basketball realm that Washington (D.C.) St. John's College High class of 2023 center Amani Hansberry is high on Notre Dame. His recruitment is just getting started but already holds offers from DePaul, Rhode Island, Texas A&M and Virginia Tech. My source told me that Hansberry was asked which college programs are his favorite, and he listed Notre Dame among that five. Hansberry is already 6-6 and is just entering his sophomore year of high school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News