ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Notes on 2026 DE prospect Jake Kreul

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

I spoke with Notre Dame 2026 defensive end prospect Jake Kreul after his Irish Invasion performance last weekend.

The 6-foot-3, 217-pound defender had 49 tackles, including seven for loss and seven sacks for Orlando (Fla.) Bishop Moore last season.

On his trip:

“It was a great experience," Kreul told Inside ND Sports. "I got to meet the coaches. I toured the campus and saw the athletic facilities with [defensive assistant] Nick Sebastian and met [defensive line] coach [Al] Washington."

On Washington’s coaching:

“He taught me a lot after going through drills and one-on-ones," Kreul said. "They really helped me break down my rush, understand the stance and different steps I take. They were very technical. I loved the juice they bring to their practices. The energy that they have is different [and] second to none."

On interest in Notre Dame:

“Their brand is the best," Kreul said. "I know it’s a great environment there. I know it’s a great education. Also, they’re one of the best football programs in the country. I know they'll develop me."

Kreul reports four offers from Florida International, Marshall, Massachusetts and UCF. He camped at UCF Tuesday and has quickly built a good relationship with the Knights coaching staff after they offered him the summer before his freshman year.

I think he’s on Notre Dame’s radar in the 2026 class after an impressive showing last weekend.

Updated with story link:

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News