ADVERTISEMENT

ND senior died this morning in fall

IrishBlooded

All Star
Oct 2, 2009
Due to graduate tomorrow. Was with a group of friends on the JACC roof. And fell due to the roof being wet. Name not released.

On my mobile can't get the link to set up right. You can find the full story at WNDU.com

Prayers for his family and friends. That turns what should be one of the biggest days of his life into one of their worst. Tragic.

my thoughts and prayers go out to the family. I just don't understand why students would go on the roof of a building knowing it has to be wet and very slick from the rain that fell that day or evening

Reactions: TurnoverMachine
my thoughts and prayers go out to the family. I just don't understand why students would go on the roof of a building knowing it has to be wet and very slick from the rain that fell that day or evening

The answer is very simple -- they were kids and they made a stupid mistake. It really is a simple as that.

Its a "tradition" for students to climb tot he top of various structures before they graduate. I would guess being a fencer , the Joyce was this young man's destination together with his friends. In my day, guys claimed up into the dome. In my sons' day, someone climbed to the top of the Main Building and turned one of the spotlights on St .Ed's Hall next door. The fact that many "climbs" happen on graduation weekend should mandate more security around various campus structures on that weekend. The fact that it was a wet night, made the whole episode even more stupid. I can't imagine being a parent and coming to your son's graduation and, instead, attending a memorial mass for the happy repose o this soul on the day after the graduation ceremonies.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Its a "tradition" for students to climb tot he top of various structures before they graduate. I would guess being a fencer , the Joyce was this young man's destination together with his friends. In my day, guys claimed up into the dome. In my sons' day, someone climbed to the top of the Main Building and turned one of the spotlights on St .Ed's Hall next door. The fact that many "climbs" happen on graduation weekend should mandate more security around various campus structures on that weekend. The fact that it was a wet night, made the whole episode even more stupid. I can't imagine being a parent and coming to your son's graduation and, instead, attending a memorial mass for the happy repose o this soul on the day after the graduation ceremonies.

Do you see how stupid it is, the stuff you're talking about?

Defending stupidity might be worse than the stupid act this kid tried to pull.

Beyond tragic....

Do you see how stupid it is, the stuff you're talking about?

Defending stupidity might be worse than the stupid act this kid tried to pull.

How is he defending it? Someone asked why it happened, and he explained why it traditionally happens. He referred to the act as "stupid" so you may want to re-read his comment.

I agree that security should be stepped up on occasions like this. At least try and prevent any more tragedies.

ADVERTISEMENT