ADVERTISEMENT

ND Opening the Checkbook !

Golson5

All Star
Apr 15, 2019
The Administration has really stepped up this off season.

Denbrock, Landow and Brown were not cheap hires at all.

You have to be happy as a fan that the Administration has really stepped up their game.

Football matters at ND right now. Gotta love it

You have to be happy as a fan that the Administration has really stepped up their game.

I wonder if the incoming president and AD are behind these moves even though they haven't fully taken over yet.

Reactions: BGI User 756

Kudos to Father Jenkins, AD Jack Swarbick, and the ND BOT.

Well stated.

Bump...

Paying Bowden and Golden.

The Administration has really stepped up their game

Exciting times

I wonder if the incoming president and AD are behind these moves even though they haven't fully taken over yet.
My guess--and it is just that, a guess, as I certainly have no inside information--is that MF went to the AD and said we really need to do this, and they backed him up with the checkbook.. I believe MF is both well liked and well respected by the administration in ways that Kelly was not. I concede that Kelly was an excellent head coach, but he never seemed to fully embrace the values and aspirations of the university. Freeman has done that from day one, and not only has he never complained about it--no "we're shopping down a different aisle" from MF--he has welcomed those challenges. I think the AD and admin see that and want to reward that kind of tenacity and steadfastness of purpose by giving Marcus the support he needs and deserves. Kudos to them.

My guess--and it is just that, a guess, as I certainly have no inside information--is that MF went to the AD and said we really need to do this, and they backed him up with the checkbook.. I believe MF is both well liked and well respected by the administration in ways that Kelly was not. I concede that Kelly was an excellent head coach, but he never seemed to fully embrace the values and aspirations of the university. Freeman has done that from day one, and not only has he never complained about it--no "we're shopping down a different aisle" from MF--he has welcomed those challenges. I think the AD and admin see that and want to reward that kind of tenacity and steadfastness of purpose by giving Marcus the support he needs and deserves. Kudos to them.
Great thoughts Koolaid! I agree

Aligned

agree with most but you lost me on bk being an "excellent" coach.

Reactions: NDinNJ
It sure does seem a long time coming for the administration to start compensating the coaching staff(other than HC) appropriately. Losing awesome staff members to lateral moves was just disgusting and kept us from establishing high end continuity.

* I did understand with Elko and Kelly though. The administration tried to do the right thing there at least. They had no loyalty or honor. No amount of money would ever change that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT