ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi might be done

this is why coaches don't ever speak frankly in pressers. The guy shares some genuine thoughts for a change and now his job is on the line

Reactions: tbonesays
this is why coaches don't ever speak frankly in pressers. The guy shares some genuine thoughts for a change and now his job is on the line

There are politics involved in management.

How long would you work for an honest man that goes around saying, “It’s my fault Director, I hired these idiots.?”

Reactions: BGI User 756
There are politics involved in management.

How long would you work for an honest man that goes around saying, “It’s my fault Director, I hired these idiots.?”
I would prefer honesty/the truth over fake politeness 110% of the time

If Al Golden leaves he is a great defensive coach just saying. They showed a stat that Pitt was top 10 against the run almost every year since he has been there.

No, he has done wonders for Pitt. They will give him some more time
Teams aren't going to live by past merits when losing a lot. The Ville win is the only one worth mentioning. Then to disrespect your players when he demands respect from them is gonna lose your team's morale.

If Al Golden leaves he is a great defensive coach just saying. They showed a stat that Pitt was top 10 against the run almost every year since he has been there.
Golden will be a high level head coach again next year. I have flashes of Michigan rolling around in my head for some reason....hope I'm wrong about that.

He should have said he lost a lot the last 2 years and the coaching staff didn’t do their jobs preparing the next group. We have a lot of talent that we mismanaged and we will work our tails off to rectify that moving forward.
Think he meant something like that, not that he needed to go to the portal or request better. Just came out of his mouth wrong.
Of course he may be. Complete dbag and I’m just giving him too much credit.

How did F+ miss the Okie loss to Kansas, the PSU debacle against OSU, the big ND win over USC…?

Reactions: Pennick4
Zero chance he even entertains an offer from Notre Dame

Golden will be a high level head coach again next year. I have flashes of Michigan rolling around in my head for some reason....hope I'm wrong about that.
Not so sure Golden will be in a rush to leave ND. He has been head coach of a Power 5 team before. He might like what he is doing here at ND and working with MF. Never know.

I want Golden to stay but if he leaves in not going to be too concerned about it

Kelly never had ND players reacting the way the Pitt players were on Twitter
Yes, but with Kelly there would be retaliation. I'll never forget the "execute the players" slip. 😂

Yes, but with Kelly there would be retaliation. I'll never forget the "execute the players" slip. 😂
John McKay of USC coined "execution.".

"What do you think of your team's execution?" "I am in favor of it."--John McKay.

I want Golden to stay but if he leaves in not going to be too concerned about it

I would be very sorry to lose Al-----excellent DC and our guys seem to have picked up his system quite well.

If he goes to the NFL or gets a HC opportunity that's understood but I would hate to lose him to another CFB Program as a DC.

I would be very sorry to lose Al-----excellent DC and our guys seem to have picked up his system quite well.

If he goes to the NFL or gets a HC opportunity that's understood but I would hate to lose him to another CFB Program as a DC.
The only reason Al would take a lateral position (I would think) is the program of choice would be primed for a new HC after a year...and that would be the arrangement. Other than that, he would opt for a HC job at a P5 or back to the league. IMO. His stock is up right now. That matters.

I'm still worried about how he will do when he doesnt have a ton of veterans

The defense didnt look the same when JD and Brown went out

He relies on his veterans. Guys like Sneed look lost sometimes.

I think Mickens could be a star. You promote him to DC and you get a recruiter at LB coach and you could have something

John McKay of USC coined "execution.".

"What do you think of your team's execution?" "I am in favor of it."--John McKay.
I was just going to point that out: Some people know how to tell a joke, some people don't. McKay was among the former; Kelly among the latter.

That was just a bad joke at the expense of the players. Cringey but not as bad as plain as day saying that your guys aren’t good enough

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT