ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Packer - ACC Network (Commented on Coach Ivey and Coach of the Year Selection)

DOMER1964

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 6, 2011
Did anyone hear this clown making negative comments about his issues with Coach Ivey winning the ACC Coach of the Year honors. I understand that some have their opinions regarding these types of selection/awards shows, but when announcing the winners, it is very unprofessional debating/inserting his opinion during this type of show. That was not the time/place nor platform for such expressions.

They were to announce the winners, that is why it is called an awards show. He has no vote and should never have a vote, nor a TV show. I want to mirror his behavior and to say what I would really like to on this platform about this person, but I won't. He is not worth it - to say the least he sucks! I couldn't resist :).

Understanding that both teams and players are watching the show, he truly did a disservice to both. This is a time that players and coaches should feel proud of the varying accomplishments in this moment. This was a bad look for ESPN and the ACC Network. This guy had a morning show that no one watched, and it was cancelled, rightfully so and now they gave him another show - Why?

I render a very loud and proud Salute/Congratulations to Coach Ivey, her staff and her players! They are phenomenal and I wish them all the best moving forward. Go Irish!!!

Reactions: Kelso86
Did anyone hear this clown making negative comments about his issues with Coach Ivey winning the ACC Coach of the Year honors. I understand that some have their opinions regarding these types of selection/awards shows, but when announcing the winners, it is very unprofessional debating/inserting his opinion during this type of show. That was not the time/place nor platform for such expressions.

They were to announce the winners, that is why it is called an awards show. He has no vote and should never have a vote, nor a TV show. I want to mirror his behavior and to say what I would really like to on this platform about this person, but I won't. He is not worth it - to say the least he sucks! I couldn't resist :).

Understanding that both teams and players are watching the show, he truly did a disservice to both. This is a time that players and coaches should feel proud of the varying accomplishments in this moment. This was a bad look for ESPN and the ACC Network. This guy had a morning show that no one watched, and it was cancelled, rightfully so and now they gave him another show - Why?

I render a very loud and proud Salute/Congratulations to Coach Ivey, her staff and her players! They are phenomenal and I wish them all the best moving forward. Go Irish!!!
Is he related to Billy Packer[dec.] ?

Per his Twitter he's totally owned it as an error...

Just returned from UVA. I see some folks are upset with my ACC CoY award comments. I’m my harshest critic…I rewatched the segment, and you’re 100% right. I didn’t handle it correctly. @IrishCoachIvey has always been great with me and the show. I’ll make it right in Greensboro.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT