ADVERTISEMENT

Like Corbett...from JFK to Romney......

BGI User 348

I've posted how many times?
Aug 29, 2003
Pennsylvania
"Corbett earned a bachelor's degree in history from Notre Dame and ....After graduation, he worked on the John F. Kennedy presidential campaign......He is also a member of the..... Republican Governors Association Executive Round Table Group....... and served on the national finance committee for Gov. Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign."

I too thought JFK was terrific....as a child....cause he was supposedly CATHOLIC. NOT. Fortunately in time as a businessperson I embraced REAGAN and all that is good in the World!!!! Any honest person KNOWS that the USA would have been 200% better off with a leader like ROMNEY as our President. Sadly the takers/whiners are now in the majority.

May GOD Save our Country.......as Corbett is saving ND football!!!

Just quoting from ND football release.......Corbett a big benefactor........got the connection now?

No, I still fail to see how that press release justifies you injecting your personal political and religious views into this board contrary to the board rules. I know you're not the brightest bulb, but I thought that even you could see why your post is entirely inappropriate. Guess I was wrong.

Another rightwing nut job. Enjoy another Clinton in the White House for the next 8 years.

3. Get indignant, post an oversimplified version of your position that isn't really responsive and ideally references a figurehead from the past that is overvalued.

4. Dubs posts about how political topic "x" isn't as bad as FSU

Reactions: Bodizephax
I only hope that one day my children will be blessed to have a LEADER like REAGAN as their President. GOD willing.........

Reagan was without a doubt the best president in my lifetime (back to the Nixon era). He was a great leader, a great communicator, and a very strong leader on foreign policy. One of his greatest achievements was helping to bring down the Iron Curtain.

I only hope that one day my children will be blessed to have a LEADER like REAGAN as their President. GOD willing.........

That's great. Now why don't you do us all a favor and wrap yourself up in the flag and then run yourself up the flagpole. Nobody here is interested in your political or religious views.

I hope we some day have the personality of Reagan, the leadership of Truman, and the experience of HW Bush.

Last edited:
Reagan was without a doubt the best president in my lifetime (back to the Nixon era). He was a great leader, a great communicator, and a very strong leader on foreign policy. One of his greatest achievements was helping to bring down the Iron Curtain.

You're entitled to your opinion but it doesn't belong on this board.

HW was vastly superior. Ran a better budget, handled foreign affairs to a higher degree. Improved America's standing higher then any President post FDR. And was willing to bite the bullet to help the nation. Both in running against Reagan, and in breaking his cardinal rule of no new taxes to keep the economy from collapsing.

The only thing he lacked was the people skills to deliver a speech like Reagan did. And most of that wasn't Reagan but actually Peggy Noonan. Who wrote just about every major piece of oratory he gave including the Challenger speech, and 'Bring Down this Wall'.

No president in recent history, let's say the last 80 years, has been praised byany when actually doing such an overall poor job. He had scandals, raised taxes numerous times and sacrificed the poor and mentally ill to appeal to the radical right. Sorry, facts are a bitch.

HW was vastly superior. Ran a better budget, handled foreign affairs to a higher degree. Improved America's standing higher then any President post FDR. And was willing to bite the bullet to help the nation. Both in running against Reagan, and in breaking his cardinal rule of no new taxes to keep the economy from collapsing.

The only thing he lacked was the people skills to deliver a speech like Reagan did. And most of that wasn't Reagan but actually Peggy Noonan. Who wrote just about every major piece of oratory he gave including the Challenger speech, and 'Bring Down this Wall'.

Every president has speechwriters. I'm sure Reagan approved those speeches before he made them. But I agree that HW Bush did some good things as prez. However, the combination of his lack of charisma and the economy turning down in '92 doomed him.

Turned down because he did the one thing that would basically guarantee him losing re-election. In bringing in the Government to save the economy in the S&L crisis.

^ but the world isn't better; momentum lost!

I was in Stop n Shop and a mother daughter was there; the daughter both came from the beach and the daughter 18-20 was very appropriately covered; Mom was in a thong! That's just wrong- a public nusance! People were running to their cars! It was like the thearter scene in the movie "The Blob"!

And just came from Pt Pleasant Beach were today there are bus loads of kids on school trips, but a new Mom decided to breast feed right in the mist of the area they were lunching in! So I sat and stared! figured she wanted to be seen so I wanted to accomodate!

The world is not better!

^ but the world isn't better; momentum lost!

I was in Stop n Shop and a mother daughter was there; the daughter both came from the beach and the daughter 18-20 was very appropriately covered; Mom was in a thong! That's just wrong- a public nusance! People were running to their cars! It was like the thearter scene in the movie "The Blob"!

And just came from Pt Pleasant Beach were today there are bus loads of kids on school trips, but a new Mom decided to breast feed right in the mist of the area they were lunching in! So I sat and stared! figured she wanted to be seen so I wanted to accomodate!

The world is not better!

Perse......thongs & breast-feeding....great??? :(

Well, I'm a proud Irish American Catholic that doesn't appreciate some old fool attacking the memory of an American war hero and former president. That, and like that same Amercan war hero I too enjoy a little strange. If that makes me an ahole then sign me up.

Don't like it? Romney might need you to wash his underwear. That will give you a job. right?

"Corbett earned a bachelor's degree in history from Notre Dame and ....After graduation, he worked on the John F. Kennedy presidential campaign......He is also a member of the..... Republican Governors Association Executive Round Table Group....... and served on the national finance committee for Gov. Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign."

I too thought JFK was terrific....as a child....cause he was supposedly CATHOLIC. NOT. Fortunately in time as a businessperson I embraced REAGAN and all that is good in the World!!!! Any honest person KNOWS that the USA would have been 200% better off with a leader like ROMNEY as our President. Sadly the takers/whiners are now in the majority.

May GOD Save our Country.......as Corbett is saving ND football!!!
Who are you to judge President Kennedy's faith, or any others faith? Or maybe you consider yourself to be a super Catholic!
My choice for a model Catholic family would be the Biden family. They live their faith, they don't just talk about living it!
Please save the political fervor for your family and friends! This ain't the place!

Reactions: Classic Irish
everything is political crap!
but, why complain about a thread when there are so many options to avoid it?
and worse, why visit the same thread more than once to complain about it's existance
and why impose the restraint on everyone else that "you'se guys can't talk abouwt nutting that I dun't wanna discus"

note > there is an option to ignore a thread!

ADVERTISEMENT