ADVERTISEMENT

let me know if you have questions

IrishBlooded

All Star
Oct 2, 2009
Will be happy to help anyone with the changes.

No they aren't changing it back :).

Quick way to get a hold of a specific poster is to use the @ symbol. You can use that symbol and type their name. No space between and it will give that poster a notification to come to that thread. @Ara64

Reactions: IRISHJD98

Quick way to get a hold of a specific poster is to use the @ symbol. You can use that symbol and type their name. No space between and it will give that poster a notification to come to that thread. @Ara64
Looks great. Well done!

just GREAT! you're my goto GUY...and I have you on my ignore list; lmao
ok: let's start over.

@IrishBlooded, are you a mod? You seem to know a lot about what is going on.
Not on this board. I am on the sound off board. And we just did this change over last week. So have already dealt with some of the issues.

I will say the interface while it takes a little getting used to. I think most will like it. There are a ton of new options and abilities.

Allow me to warn one thing. Look at your avatar on the side.

Under the new system. If you have a location of where you are in your information. That is a live link now. I.e. if you have south bend Indiana as a location. Other posters can click on that and it will open up a map to south bend. Not to your specific house. But to hour town. I know some would prefer not to share.

You can hover your cursor over your name in the upper right. Click on personal settings and remove that information.

Reactions: IRISHJD98
For a guy that had me on ignore you sure were in a ton of the threads I posted
took awhile to get to get a read; I don't care that you disagree or agree; it seems you post with some respect; and I noticed you took some unwarranted 'hits' past few weeks.

But, new day-new board!

I don't post here for people to agree with me. I actually like to hear from the people that don't. I'm the first to admit my many short comings and like to hear the counter arguments.

As long as people are civil about it I welcome all conversations.

Where is the ignore button?

No prob Pers. I got no beef with any ND poster here. :)

Just keep that report button handy. Because the flood of Arguesmen handles are coming. The information has leaked on just about every other board, so I guess it is safe to say it here. When the boards were switched over, all of our bans didn't come with it. So any handle that was banned here isn't any longer. And any of you that were banned at sites like Warchant or Purdue's board, are no longer.

Govern yourself accordingly :)

Click on the picture of the poster on the left have side. It will bring up a small window. In that window should be the ignore option.
As I read in another thread, selecting "ignore" seems to make entire thread invisible to me, not just the poster. How is the thread available if invisible?

I will have to try the Chrome extension you described elsewhere.

i have not seen threads as invisable as the result of placing a "poster" on ignore; I think there is a separate way to do so on a thread. Are you guys hitting the right radio button?

As I read in another thread, selecting "ignore" seems to make entire thread invisible to me, not just the poster. How is the thread available if invisible?

I will have to try the Chrome extension you described elsewhere.

I have to admit I have never used the ignore button for any poster. If I come across the post or poster I don't like I just block them out from paying attention to them. So I am unsure.

However it seems to me, if you have a poster on ignore, and they create a thread, that you would then be unable to see that entire thread. But don't quote me on it. If nothing else, try putting someone you usually talk to that makes threads (like me for instance) on ignore.

Leave the web page, come back to it and see if you see the threads I created or not. And then if you want take me back off of ignore :)

ADVERTISEMENT